Support the Wealthy Theatre

ModSquad

My family and I went to the Wealthy Theatre last night to view Gunner Palace. My son leaves July 6th for the Army and he wanted us to see it.

The thought struck me. What a jewel this Theatre is! The Wealthy Theatre is showing quite a few alternative films. Last night there were only 6 people in the theatre. They wont be able to make it if that keeps happening. So, check out a movie at the Wealthy! Here is a link to what they are showing with showtimes: http://www.wealthytheatre.org/showtimes.php

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I could not agree more. The only thing I hope for is more alternative FILMS instead of mainly documentaries. I think it will pick up as word of mouth spreads. I think the main problem with GRCMC owning it and using it for studio space too is that it makes the schedule incredibly complex.

I hope it makes it though!

Joe

My family and I went to the Wealthy Theatre last night to view Gunner Palace.  My son leaves July 6th for the Army and he wanted us to see it. 

The thought struck me.  What a jewel this Theatre is!  The Wealthy Theatre is showing quite a few alternative films.  Last night there were only 6 people in the theatre.  They wont be able to make it if that keeps happening.  So, check out a movie at the Wealthy!  Here is a link to what they are showing with showtimes: http://www.wealthytheatre.org/showtimes.php

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah, I hope it makes it. It would be nice if they ran alternative films and some mainstream second run films like they used too. There's no theatre in this town to see a $2-3 movie any more like there used to be. I remember my wife and I went to see the musical movie "Chicago" there and it was such a cool setting for a movie like that. There were about 12 people when we went and it was a shame becasue it was way cooler than seeing a movie in theater 18 at the megaplex. The neighborhood is slowly looking better and better, too. They just need to promote it like crazy.

I agree. Although I would say Wealthy is RAPIDLY looking better. Lots of new development and old rehabs going on up and down the street. The Sandmann's building looks great!

Joe

Yeah, I hope it makes it.  It would be nice if they ran alternative films and some mainstream second run films like they used too.  There's no theatre in this town to see a $2-3 movie any more like there used to be.  I remember my wife and I went to see the musical movie "Chicago" there and it was such a cool setting for a movie like that.  There were about 12 people when we went and it was a shame becasue it was way cooler than seeing a movie in theater 18  at the megaplex.  The neighborhood is slowly looking better and better, too.  They just need to promote it like crazy.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Archived