Outdoor Concert Amphitheatre

GRDadof3

In talking about Grand Action and the Civic Theatre project, I wonder what is happening to this project that they put on the "back burner":

Arena authority to consider building outdoor music theater

02-24-2005

The Grand Rapids Press

The Grand Rapids-Kent County Convention Arena Authority on Wednesday announced it will study building West Michigan's biggest outdoor concert venue.

Discussing whether to build an amphitheater, which has been the subject of informal talks for years, was one major goal laid out by new CAA Chairman Steven Heacock during his state of the CAA speech Wednesday. The authority administers Van Andel Arena, DeVos Place and DeVos Performance Hall.

The venue could be similar to the Detroit area's DTE Energy Music Theater, formerly known as Pine Knob.

Rest of the article:

http://www.intix.org/news.php?ArticleID=360

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Didn't Grand Action at one time say they were exploring a new large performing arts center downtown in the future since Devos Perf. Hall is so over booked? I vaguely remember reading reading this in the paper a while back when they were finishing up getting DeVos Place built, but haven't heard anything of it since.

Didn't Grand Action at one time say they were exploring a new large performing arts center downtown in the future since Devos Perf. Hall is so over booked?  I vaguely remember reading reading this in the paper a while back when they were finishing up getting DeVos Place built, but haven't heard anything of it since.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah there was an editor at the paper suggesting that one will be built soon, but so far it hasn't happened

Didn't Grand Action at one time say they were exploring a new large performing arts center downtown in the future since Devos Perf. Hall is so over booked?  I vaguely remember reading reading this in the paper a while back when they were finishing up getting DeVos Place built, but haven't heard anything of it since.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Are all of these things intertwined like a Mobius Loop :wacko:

Archived