Genesee Towers

VeeFan

Yeah, if it's only taking a couple of days to repair one facade they can't be doing too much to it. There's crap falling off the building. You'd think they'd spend a little more time stabilizing the facade. What exactly are they doing to it anyway? The newspaper has never said. I will look when I am downtown tomorrow & see if there's any improvement.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've been looking on skyscraper.com to see if I could find a description and name of a building I saw in NYC once before that I swear looked identical to Genesee Towers, but without being divided into two sections.

There isn't a picture, but the description of the AT&T Long Lines Building sounds a lot like the building I'm thinking of, and it's about the right height too at 29 floors.

If I can ever find the building again, I have this gut feeling that whoever the architect was on that building was also the same architect on Genesee Towers.

I've been looking on skyscraper.com to see if I could find a description and name of a building I saw in NYC once before that I swear looked identical to Genesee Towers, but without being divided into two sections.

There isn't a picture, but the description of the AT&T Long Lines Building sounds a lot like the building I'm thinking of, and it's about the right height too at 29 floors.

If I can ever find the building again, I have this gut feeling that whoever the architect was on that building was also the same architect on Genesee Towers.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

There is a pic of the AT&T Long Lines avalible in the members section of emporis, I don't know why it isn't avalible to non-members, but anyways here is a photo from another site (the one on Emporis is much better, but it can't be linked)

Pict0032a.jpg

The building was designed by John Carl Warnecke & Associates, apparently they were one of the largest architectural firms in the country from the late 60's to mid 80's. This is a odd looking building and some of the facts listed here are pretty interesting.

That's definitely not the one I saw before. lol All I know for sure is that it's located on Church Street in NYC, somewhere close to Ground Zero. I thought maybe it was 100 Church Street, because it has the vertical lines and looked like it had that strange row of black windows at the top, but it's a glass facade instead of concrete.

Maybe there isn't an identical Genesee Towers in NYC and it was all my imagination, who knows! lol

There are a couple of other buildings that you could be thinking of, such as The The City of NY Human Resources Administration which I can't find a picture of (except one on Emporis), 50 Murray Street, and 110 Church Street, this one is questionable... Other than that there is nothing really matching your description on Church St.

I'm not sure if I brought this up before, or even what my view was of this, but could they possibly reuse the Genesee Towers as residential space? I mean, there aren't many tenant as there is (10 or so stories). They could either make the top two foors penthouses, or remove the walls and turn it into a workout space, indoor pool, lounge, restaurant...and so on for the residential tenants.

I've never actually thought about the Towers as being residential. It is possible though. It already has the dedicated parking that banks look for when people want to do downtown residential projects. You can't really get a much better view anywhere else in Flint, since there aren't really any tall buildings....

Archived