Going to Atlanta What Should I see

peaceloveunderstanding

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To see in terms of Attractions:

--Centennial Olympic Park

--I think there's a way to see the view from the Westin without staying there, but you have to pay $5 I think.

--Grant Park (the Cyclorama & Zoo Atlanta)

--Eat at The Varsity

--The Martin Luther King Memorial & Ebeneezer Baptist Church

--Underground Atlanta and the Zero Mile Post there from the original railroad that ran through the city in the 1830-40's

Someone else will have to fill you in on the clubs, bars, prices, and parking.

By the way, have you even been here before.

You can find free parking on the street most evenings - just keep an eye on the area where you park - car theft is a problem in the city. Otherwise, park at a MARTA station & head over to downtown that way.

I'm guessing if you are going to downtown - they're playing at the Tabernacle - in that case Fairlie Poplar is a nice area of downtown to walk around.

Ill tell you about the clubs.

I especially like the star studded Club Visions and right-across-the-street Club 112. They are located on Peachtree St. Most nights at Club Visions , you'll have lines turning around corners , but if you have the right attire and some dough you might be able to bargain your way to the front.

Then there's the compound, it's one Club divided into 3 areas or like seperate clubs.

I think it's on Brady St. or something like that.

You didn't strike me as a strip club person.

Vision is currently closed for remodeling. I think they plan on reopening end of June or early July. If I had my way they would stay closed, and 112 would be next. Maybe then I wouldn't have to listen to assholes cruising on Peachtree St with their music so loud it rattles my windows...and I live on the 6th floor.

Vision is currently closed for remodeling. I think they plan on reopening end of June or early July. If I had my way they would stay closed, and 112 would be next. Maybe then I wouldn't have to listen to assholes cruising on Peachtree St with their music so loud it rattles my windows...and I live on the 6th floor.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You live right next to these clubs? WOW

Yes, I live on the corner of Peachtree and 5th St. The things I have seen on Peachtree St on Fri. and Sat. nights would blow your mind.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

My wife & I used to live directly on the corner of 5th & Peachtree & directly above Eno's, about 5 years ago.

Downtown, Midtown, and Buckhead are generally safe during the day, and even at night.

Be careful of what's south of I-20, though. Grant Park's neighborhood is okay if you hgo to the right spots, because it has the Cyclorama and the Zoo.

It's a good thing. That's where a lot of the dangerous neighborhoods are. I also might advise you to stay away from the western Atlanta neigborhoods, but you probably won't be going there.

-----------------

Another Atlanta attraction I forgot:

--In east Atlanta (the DeKalb part) we have Fernbank Museum of Natural History.

--Also try to visit the High Museum of Art in Midtown.

Last time I was on accessatlanta, it required membership, as did the ajc. And I doubt if they will tell the things he is talking about. If the city isn't safe, I probably won't come down on a weekend.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

UP reccomends using Bugmenot to get around those pesky membership requirements.

Archived