Going to Atlanta What Should I see

peaceloveunderstanding

Tell me what you have seen on Peachtree at night Ryanmckibben and Teshadoh?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I've seen people park on Peachtree St and leavce their car to talk to women on the sidewalk or to dance in the street. I have seen people drive on the sidewalk to avoid the traffic on Peachtree St, I have seen people openly passing a joint around their car, and my favorite...I have seen people having sex in the back of an SUV with the back open. I like to refer to Peachtree as the mobile nightclub.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yep, that was the way it was when we lived there - weekend nights it was mostly a parking lot. Constantly throwing beer bottles onto the sidewalk as they provocatively displayed their open container while driving as if no one cared. And the police typically allowed them b/c it would be too much of a hassle to arrest any. Only when a fight or rape occur would they do anything about it.

Also, when we first lived there, there were still prostitutes hanging out at the open lot at 6th St. Also of course, the old Cabana hotel at 6th was where they would go with their johns, or enjoy a drive through blow-job on a quiet street.

Ahhh... Midtown in the 90's wasn't 'cool' at all, but I miss it though - especially the Stein Club.

I compiled a list of things you should do when you come to Atlanta, It's kinda "out there" but you should give it a try.

You should see a show at the FOX theater,

A show at the 14th st. playhouse,

buy a rolex watch at lenox mall,

Eat at the Hard Rock Cafe on Peachtree St.

Ride the scenic elevator up to the top floor of the Westin peachtree Plaza,

Take you dog to piedmont park,

Run through or at least watch the world's largest interactive fountain at Centennial Olympic Park,

Ride Superman Ultimate Flight at six flags over georgia,

Go to a convention at both the GWCC and the GICC

Last but not least, photograph and admire our beautifully gapped skyline!!

I would ad more but i have other things to do.

Wow, that does not sound like a place I would want to go if those things are happening. Sadly, I feel it's the future of our society. Each generation seems to lower the moral standard a bit more. I guess I will always be a small town boy, but sometimes you need the city to liven things up.

The World Congress Center is a massive place. I'd reccomend going there if for no other reason than to experience the eminsity of it. I went to a car show there once. It was waaaaaaaay in the back. It had to have taken 15-20 mins of walking from the front just to get there.

Contrary to what most consider the best things to do in Atlanta, I think the most interesting thing to do there isn't a tourist attraction. The thing that interests me most is the history. Atlanta has lots of history behind it, and a lot has been preserved in beautiful neighborhoods. Try the walking tours in Druid Hills (where Driving Miss Daisy was filmed), Inman Park, Ansley Park, Fairlie Poplar, Sweet Auburn, etc. The MLK Jr. National Historic District, museum, burial place, etc. is interesting. You could spend days just covering the historical neighborhoods and they are beautiful to see. I've always wanted to see the Margaret Mitchell House museum where she wrote the timeless classic and immortalized the city and the South. The botanical gardens are also nice to visit I hear and the zoo is one of the 10 best. If you are interested in political history, the Jimmy Carter Library is a great experience. And no visit would be complete without visiting the Cyclorama, where you can see the world's largest painting "The Battle of Atlanta." It is a moving experience in the turning point in the Civil War. If the painting were rolled out it would be 40 feet wide I do believe. I think the whole room moves so they don't have to fully unroll the delicate painting, but I'm not sure how it works. There is much more to Atlanta than strip malls and look alike subdivisions. One visit to Druid Hills will convince any doubter.

Archived