• Taylors
    • Greer
    • Fountain Inn
    • Berea
    • Other explain

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yea. It's just my own perception maybe, but I have a difficult time telling where Greer ends and begins sometimes. I frequently visit the Target on Wade Hampton and the one on Fairview Road, too, so I do get to both areas often.

I noticed a traffic backup on I-385 this past weekend, so I drove on through Downtown Simpsonville to Highway 14 to Woodruff Road. Simpsonville feels pretty spread out to me.

I definitely consider Easley a suburb. It has grown a decent amount, but basically sucks in comparison to the other Greenville suburbs like Greer and Simpsonville. From what I can gather, Easley is still pretty redneck and doesn't really consider itself a part of Greenville like the other 'burbs do.

With that said, it is still not as backwards as Pickens. LOL.

I wouldn't say that about Easley. I know many people living there who are not considered "rednecks" and there is no way someone can say that Easley isn't a suburb of Greenville. Actually a huge number of the residents in northern Anderson (Powdersville) and eastern Pickens Counties commute into Greenville everyday for work. The growth in these areas is in close relation to the growth within the city of Greenville. That being said, it is a little slower than the Golden Strip or Eastside, but it is definitely moving up in class from what it once was. Also, many very wealthy people are moving out to the Lake Keowee area and commuting into Greenville. :thumbsup:

Easley definitely would count. The sprawl seemingly doesn't end if you drive out 123 between Greenville and Clemson, you'll see what I mean.

I'm not sure myself whether to consider Easley a suburb of Greenville though. It's there. It's very near. It's just across the county line in Pickens County. It's rather large. It is an island unto itself :) I'd consider Clemson, Seneca, Pumpkintown, etc. suburbs of Easley, maybe :D

Not Clemson. I'd consider it more of a suburb of Anderson.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I agree....or even Seneca, (or Seneca would be a suburb of Clemson?)

Anyway, it is non-stop from Redneck Pickens to Easley and on to Greenville, then east to Greer and Spartanburg. This area sprawls WAY too much for its population!

I wouldn't say that about Easley.  I know many people living there who are not considered "rednecks" and there is no way someone can say that Easley isn't a suburb of Greenville.  :thumbsup:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

When I was a kid we called it "Greasley." As a matter of fact, I remember one guy from there who called it Greasley, too. It is the home of the great Stanley Morgan, former star wideout for Tennessee and the NE Patriots. So it does have some claim to fame.

I drove 123 a few months ago and the it seemed to me that only real growth along that stretch has been from Easley toward Greenville up to 153 (fka the Earle E. Morris, Jr. Highway).

When I was a kid we called it "Greasley." As a matter of fact, I remember one guy from  there who called it Greasley, too. It is the home of the great Stanley Morgan, former star wideout for Tennessee and the NE Patriots. So it does have some claim to fame.

I drove 123 a few months ago and the it seemed to me that only real growth along that stretch has been from Easley toward Greenville up to 153 (fka the Earle E. Morris, Jr. Highway).

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Your right 153 is kind of like the unofficial end or beginning to Easley. But some

may say it is where 124 intersects with 123. But that is just what I think. I don't see anything in the way of developement filling in that gap though. Because when

the space in berea starts to dwindle. I see the devlopers moving southwest towards Easley and northwest towards Travelers Rest. Oh,Oh. :o They are already doing that.

You might just break out a map (or use an online one) and see how it is growing. The land between Easley and Powdersville is being turned into subdivision upon subdivision and if you travel down highway 8 you'll see even more subdivision development (Also 135). Easley is most definitely one of Greenville's bedroom communities. You just need to get away from the main roads to see the other (better?) side I'm speaking of. Chestnut Springs, McAlister Road, Middlecreek, Westchester, Providence, Hornbuckle, Pendleton Plantation, etc... :)

You might just break out a map (or use an online one) and see how it is growing.  The land between Easley and Powdersville is being turned into subdivision upon subdivision and if you travel down highway 8 you'll see even more subdivision development (Also 135).  Easley is most definitely one of Greenville's bedroom communities.  You just need to get away from the main roads to see the other (better?) side I'm speaking of.  Chestnut Springs, McAlister Road, Middlecreek, Westchester, Providence, Hornbuckle, Pendleton Plantation, etc... :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You are absolutely right.

Greer is by far the largest,

BTW i do not consider Easley a suburb of Greenville.

Also, three large Greenville Suburbs that should have been included is the Eastside (between Greenville, Taylors, and Greer), Powdersville, and Piedmont.

Outback Steakhouse is supposed to be building a new restaurant at the 123 and 153 interchange.

Wal-Mart in Easley is planning to expand into a Supercenter.

Powdersville is finally getting that long-promised Cracker Barrel restaurant. Land is being cleared next to Burger King (SC 153 @ I-85, exit 40), and I've heard that a hotel/motel might be included in the development. :)

Also, three large Greenville Suburbs that should have been included is the Eastside (between Greenville, Taylors, and Greer), Powdersville, and Piedmont.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I find it suprising that people are saying this. Pickens County is in the Greenville Metro, and Greer, Easley, and Maulding are all similar in size. The other suburbs you mentioned are smaller- in the 4k-5k range.

153 is going to be built out fairly soon at the rate they seem to be building things there.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Why wouldn't you consider Easley a suburb of Greeenville?

Archived