Jacksonville Landing

RiversideGator

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Interesting article. I had low expectations with him, but since then, I've begun to see and hear more of his vision and it does sound really grand. I'm confident in his work at the Landing.

(P.S. for future posting: try and post this in a related thread, to reduce thread clutter. I'm sure there's another Landing thread down the list somewhere this could go in, lol. Thanks) :)

(P.S. for future posting: try and post this in a related thread, to reduce thread clutter.  I'm sure there's another Landing thread down the list somewhere this could go in, lol.  Thanks)  :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I dunno, I like comming on the board and seeing new threads.

Just wanted to add this:

Since Sleiman plans to expand the Landing to 1million sq. ft., what do you guys think if it was moved to the Shipyards location and they built like an actual mall there instead of where the Landing is currently b/c it's so cramped as far as space. Assuming the Shipyards project wasn't given to LandMar and they decided to build a mall in the downtown area over there instead and they could just build more condo towers where the landing currently sits. Just a thought

That is an interesting thought, and if done right (This is the key) that would work.

However, I can only imagine some genious developer trying the squeeze the Avenues in its curent form in there with it's sea of parking.

Now, if there was a series of vertical malls (8-10 stories plus), that may work. However another consideration is the Maxwell Plant across Bay St. Whie I like the smell of coffee, the place has zero street interaction. To be honest, if a smart developer with a lot of money (I know they don't seem to exist) really took their time with both developments, something great could be built there.

If the Landing was replaced by condos, it would destroy the only interaction with the river/riverwalk that the northbank has. The Landing's location is its biggest attraction. In another city condos might come with street level retail and good planning to keep the river corridor views open, but probably not in Jax.

Archived