Grand Sakwa plans $30M in homes in Detroit

Wordsmith

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Luxury homes are nice, but what about average Detroiters?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I can only assume that they are trying to market to outsiders with these prices. To an average D-towner that is a luxury home, but outside of Detroit riverfront property that sells for $300,000 is a pretty good deal. I cant decide how I feel about that...good for marketing, not really fair for residents. :blink:

But you also have to consider that these homes are being built along the river and along the canals. Riverfront homes, canals right up to your backyard? I don't think these should be going for cheap, it just seems to underestimate the area somewhat.

WS

And if they underestimating the cost of these riverfront properties, I'm wondering how the houses will look like. Not far from where I live, there are houses built in the middle of nowhere that cost even more than that, and are oversized vinyl sided pieces of crap.

I'm not saying that this is what this development is going to be, but I'm just a bit concerned, that's all. I want continuing quality along the riverfront.

There seems to be a myth that there are not affordable homes in Detroit. Go to any real estate web site and you will find great prices on many homes. Not all of them have the river as their back yard, but that's the world we live in.

We seem to have forgotten that the city is half empty and has plenty of room for all incomes.

Archived