"McMansions" in the city

krazeeboi

Check out this article in The State that talks about how this trend of tearing down older bungalows in the city, dating back to the 40's, 50's, and 60's, to make room for these big houses that sit on huge lots in Columbia. It's a trend that's really just beginning to catch on there. "Observers expect the pace of tear-downs to quicken in Columbia in a redevelopment practice that is not regulated here

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I thought that was going to be a condominium or something. I didn't know it was going to be something like that. I think that it is out of place, and out of character, and a waste of space. IF you are going to redevelop and area or lot like that, why not go for density, like those Charleston homes off of Wheat St?

I saw that in the paper today, I really can't say much now, I'd have to see the neighborhoods they are going up in. But like with any trend if these Mc Mansions continue going up it will eventually make the area unafordable to the ave. Joe which keeps activity out of the central city.

Archived