Arena Football

ironchapman

Will it?  

49 members have voted

1. 1. Will it?

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe

I believe the problem with the NHL was they overexpanded and to the wrong areas. There are hockey teams where nobody in town plays hockey (generally because there's no ice to skate on).

With the exception of the defending champs Tampa Bay (2nd) and Dallas (13th), every southern hockey team from Missouri to Miami ranks in the bottom 1/3 of the league in attendance.

Hmm...

Where there is a winner there are fans. Missouri? Are you kidding me ofcourse they support their team, look at the NBA and their pathetic showing in Philly! When it comes to hockey and bad attendances people equate it to where the game is being played. When it comes to basketball, baseball, or football it is legitmate excuses. If the teams suck no one wants to pay to watch em, its that plain and simple. Comming off a year long lockout and the attendance some of these "sun belt teams" have make it pretty damn appearant that everything is going in the right direction.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Where there is a winner there are fans. Missouri? Are you kidding me ofcourse they support their team, look at the NBA and their pathetic showing in Philly! When it comes to hockey and bad attendances people equate it to where the game is being played. When it comes to basketball, baseball, or football it is legitmate excuses. If the teams suck no one wants to pay to watch em, its that plain and simple. Comming off a year long lockout and the attendance some of these "sun belt teams" have make it pretty damn appearant that everything is going in the right direction.

Well, St. Louis is 26th in the league in attendance so i don't know what kind of support that is. My point is - ice hockey in the south is not doing as great as the league thought it would. Nashville won't sustain a team very long without generating some interest and Atlanta could lose their team - again! Its a cold-weather sport and thats where the fans are. Detroit, Montreal, Toronto, Minnesota. Hopefully next year ESPN or another network will pick up a regular season package, and the league will start to grow again and make everyone forget the lockout ever happened.

BTW watch out for Boston, we're not out yet and Tim Thomas is here to stay!

Well, St. Louis is 26th in the league in attendance so i don't know what kind of support that is. My point is - ice hockey in the south is not doing as great as the league thought it would. Nashville won't sustain a team very long without generating some interest and Atlanta could lose their team - again! Its a cold-weather sport and thats where the fans are. Detroit, Montreal, Toronto, Minnesota. Hopefully next year ESPN or another network will pick up a regular season package, and the league will start to grow again and make everyone forget the lockout ever happened.

BTW watch out for Boston, we're not out yet and Tim Thomas is here to stay!

I'll be laughing at this post 5 years from now when everything you just said doesn't happen.

Archived