Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ironchapman

Thoughts on Music Midtown and VIBE

I went to Music Midtown. It was pretty good. This was my first time going so I don't really have anything to compare it to. There were lots of people and it rained a lot. All in all I'd say it was worth it though.

I didn't go this year, but I wish I did. Music Midtown is always a blast. I went to it a few years ago. It is probably one of the best music festivals in the country.

Yeah, my friend went...I couldn't, I was out of town in Florida (in Daytona) for the weekend. I wanted to go. I always hear it's a blast.

Saw White Stripes & Pixies of course, despite the rain. But unfortunately I don't think the festival is going to survive - I've seen bigger crowds years ago & the promoter has suffered bad luck the past 4 years with rain. This one might be it...

Saw White Stripes & Pixies of course, despite the rain.  But unfortunately I don't think the festival is going to survive - I've seen bigger crowds years ago & the promoter has suffered bad luck the past 4 years with rain.  This one might be it...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It's funny you say that b/c I was just reading in the AJC yesterday that the promoter moved the date of the festival to prevent having it during inclement weather.

I wonder how successful the Vibe Music fest was? I was thinking about going down and checking it out since you could get tickets on the street for about $20 (about half of the price at the door).

It's funny you say that b/c I was just reading in the AJC yesterday that the promoter moved the date of the festival to prevent having it during inclement weather.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

In fact that is something that could be considered 'ironic', wouldn't you say? :)

Didn't get to go to either festival but I have to say that either the city did a pretty good job or the crowds were nothing near what was expected. Traffic didn't seem to be a big problem and there were street cleaners out during the day swooping up any trash, keeping the city clean.

More and more I keeping getting the feeling that were on the verge of a whole new Atlanta or maybe its just the adult beverages I had that day.

Didn't get to go to either festival but I have to say that either the city did a pretty good job or the crowds were nothing near what was expected.