See Jax's most innovative planned design proposals

bobliocatt

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Speaking of... Thanks to all of you last night who had a chance to make it out the the Emerging Architects exhibition. Although the space was more than a little toasty, the crowd and work were fantastic. Dave - it was a pleasure meeting you and talkng with you. I will try and get some pics posted from the event soon.

lakelander - I noticed that this event is divided into "built" and "unbuilt" categories. Are these "unbuilt" proposals real projects backed by developers and investors, or are they just architectural visions?

There's such a huge and meaningful difference between proposals and visions. I didn't think the daily record made a clear distinction as to what they were talking about.

Anyway, I doubt I'll even be in town, let alone be able to shell out $25-45 bucks for a ticket. So if anyone is able to post a few pictures, I'd be most appreciative.

With regards to the AIA 2005 Design Awards. you have to be a member of the AIA to submit a project. However, the project does not have to be in Jacksonville. So some of the winning entries will most likely be out of town or even out of state. I think the writer of the article was referring mostly to the event that occurred last night - The Emerging Architects exhibit. The Emerging Architects had work they had done as personal projects, some as a thesis, some as hypothetical projects. Other personal work there included photgraphy, art, graphic design, and furniture design.

With regards to the built and unbuilt - most of the projects in both categories are actual funded projects. However the same comment from above holds true, some of the stuff may be out of town and/or state.

With regards to the AIA 2005 Design Awards. you have to be a member of the AIA to submit a project. However, the project does not have to be in Jacksonville. So some of the winning entries will most likely be out of town or even out of state. I think the writer of the article was referring mostly to the event that occurred last night - The Emerging Architects exhibit. The Emerging Architects had work they had done as personal projects, some as a thesis, some as hypothetical projects. Other personal work there included photgraphy, art, graphic design, and furniture design.

With regards to the built and unbuilt - most of the projects in both categories are actual funded projects. However the same comment from above holds true, some of the stuff may be out of town and/or state.

The current issue of Arbus has most of the entries. Some of the entrants didn't make the deadline for the magazine. Arbus is also going to publish the winning entries in the next issue.

Archived