St. Louis isn't dead

St. Louis UAB Blazer

First time poster here but I've been reading some of the threads and there is the misconception that downtown St. Louis is dead, which is far from the truth.

Here are some things that you can do in downtown STL:

1. Washington Avenue Loft District: trendy restaurants, bars, clubs...great time

2. Laclede's Landing: more restaurants, bars, and clubs

3. Ballpark Village: $300 million entertainment district to be built behind the new Busch Stadium. Opening in Spring of 2007

4. Bottle District: $200+ million entertainment district under construction next to the Edward Jones Dome. Will have a Rawlings Sports Bar & Grill, Sammy Haggar's Cabo Wabo Cantina, an indoor F1 race track, and much more. First phase opens in Spring 2006

Since 2000, over $500 million has been invested into residences in the downtown area and much more is being invested as we speak. Another $500 million is going into two new entertainment districts centered around the Cardinals and the Rams.

There is a lot going on and plenty to do downtown, you just have to know where to go.

The City Museum is really cool too, especially at night when you've had a few drinks in you.

Here are some links:

Bottle District

City Museum

Washington Avenue Loft District

Laclede's Landing

Then you can go to the Central West End, Clayton Business District, and the Delmar Loop...all within 8 miles of downtown. Not to mention Lafayette Square, Soulard, etc.

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

First time poster here but I've been reading some of the threads and there is the misconception that downtown St. Louis is dead, which is far from the truth.

As a new member of ubanplanet myself- I must say I've read mostly positive things about DT St. Louis and the ambitious redevelopment on this site. Sounds exciting and I'm definitely rooting for the city, I used to live in Southern IL, across the border and hold a certain devotion to the city. I think St. Louis is only a few or so years from becoming a once again dynamic city with a distinct metropolitan flavor.

Archived