Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DetroitDDcare

Dog Daycare Opens in Detroit's Midtown!

Awesome! You are really doing something great for this city. Basic services are what Detroit really needs to attract more residents. Your business will benefit the population of dog owners greatly. Good luck!

Thanks everyone! What they say is totally true, opening a small business in Detroit, especially downtown Detroit, is HARD! I cannot wait until the lofts start filling up, hopefully with dog owners, because I really want the daycare to make it!

Congrats, Liz!

I wish you the best luck in Detroit! Such a creative name for your business...it just sounds like a lot of fun!

Good work and wishing you success indeed! We'll promote you to people we run across if they are in need of your services. Every new business helps, block by block.

Peace from DetroitBazaar.

When UrbanMichigan opens (like a year from now), we plan to feature some minimal advertising on some of the main pages of the site. I could put your business in the Detroit sections. You don't have to pay though, it's on the house. :thumbsup:

UrbanMichigan is a website similar to this one which will discuss new developments happening in Michigan downtowns. There will also be an extensive image database of cities across the state. So people can take online tours of downtown for example. The goal of the site is to also promote local businesses and developers that are making positive changes downtown. It's going to be fairly extensive, which is why it is going to take awhile to get the site done.

It's kind of hard to host a real discussion website on a university webserver. They have a habit of closing down those sort of things when someone complains about university resources being wasted that way.

^Yeah, we are hoping we can hold on until we get moved off. I did purchase webspace, but it doesn't offer the bandwidth we'll need to run it since the site will have a lot of images.

Currently U of M doesn't have a policy about how much traffic your site receives, but they do permit sites run by students that have ecommerce or advertise. (As long as those products are legal obviously). We don't intend to sell anything unless we do a cafepress store with T-shirts and such, but that isn't run on university servers. The problem comes with bandwidth. I can only imagine what the university would think if the site generated a lot of traffic. The images would probably constitute a lot of that. But urbanmichigan is partially research which would allow the site to remain if bandwidth became an issue.

As far as discussion boards, I want to keep that all here at Urbanplanet. I think people can benefit and learn a lot more from this site rather than a new Michigan board started fresh. I need to contact Neo about directing discussion traffic from UM to Urbanplanet. But that is a long way off. I think it will really help promote urbanplanet.