Dog Daycare Opens in Detroit's Midtown!

DetroitDDcare

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...

UrbanMichigan is a website similar to this one which will discuss new developments happening in Michigan downtowns. There will also be an extensive image database of cities across the state. So people can take online tours of downtown for example. The goal of the site is to also promote local businesses and developers that are making positive changes downtown. It's going to be fairly extensive, which is why it is going to take awhile to get the site done.

^Yeah, we are hoping we can hold on until we get moved off. I did purchase webspace, but it doesn't offer the bandwidth we'll need to run it since the site will have a lot of images.

Currently U of M doesn't have a policy about how much traffic your site receives, but they do permit sites run by students that have ecommerce or advertise. (As long as those products are legal obviously). We don't intend to sell anything unless we do a cafepress store with T-shirts and such, but that isn't run on university servers. The problem comes with bandwidth. I can only imagine what the university would think if the site generated a lot of traffic. The images would probably constitute a lot of that. But urbanmichigan is partially research which would allow the site to remain if bandwidth became an issue.

As far as discussion boards, I want to keep that all here at Urbanplanet. I think people can benefit and learn a lot more from this site rather than a new Michigan board started fresh. I need to contact Neo about directing discussion traffic from UM to Urbanplanet. But that is a long way off. I think it will really help promote urbanplanet.

Archived