Oppose Dunkin Donuts drive-thru on B'way!

ruchele

Please come to the zoning board meeting tell the zoning board to deny variances for a Dunkin Donuts drive-thru at the corner or Broadway and Service Rd 7.

Also, call/write the mayor and councilman John Lombardi and tell them that this is against the interests of our neighborhood- not to mention against all the plans out there that recommend pedestrian reconnections between the West End and downtown. A drive-thru certainly doesn't make for a more pedestrian-friendly and safe environment.

Jon Lombardi - 521-7477 [email protected]

David Cicilline - 421-7740

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Please come to the zoning board meeting tell the zoning board to deny variances for a Dunkin Donuts drive-thru at the corner or Broadway and Service Rd 7. 

Also, call/write the mayor and councilman John Lombardi and tell them that this is against the interests of our neighborhood- not to mention against all the plans out there that recommend pedestrian reconnections between the West End and downtown.  A drive-thru certainly doesn't make for a more pedestrian-friendly and safe environment.

Jon Lombardi - 521-7477 [email protected]

David Cicilline - 421-7740

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I can see a lot of accidents occuring there.

My wife went to the meeting last night and said there was a really big turnout of people in opposition. Also of note is that they said it would be a drive through restaurant of some sort, but not neccesarily Dunkin Donuts. She had the kids with her so she wasnt able to stay for the full hearing, but it seems like things went well.

My wife went to the meeting last night and said there was a really big turnout of people in opposition. Also of note is that they said it would be a drive through restaurant of some sort, but not neccesarily Dunkin Donuts. She had the kids with her so she wasnt able to stay for the full hearing, but it seems like things went well.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks for the update.

The Zoning Board of Review denied the request for a special use permit for the drive thru 5-0 last night.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That's not good, that's f*cking terrific! 5-0! No one was for it! I think the zoning board gets it. This is very good news, not just for Broadway, but for the entire city.

The Zoning Board of Review denied the request for a special use permit for the drive thru 5-0 last night.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That's fantastic!!! From what I understand sale of the building was contingent on them getting the variance. I'm curious as to what the next development plan will be. I kind of hope that they dont tear the building down, but if it was a decent proposal I wouldnt be against it.

Liam

That's not good, that's f*cking terrific! 5-0! No one was for it! I think the zoning board gets it. This is very good news, not just for Broadway, but for the entire city.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Fortunately, this one was a no-brainer for the ZBA. Pretty sure the ZBA still doesn't get it on most things, but no drivethru there is certainly a good thing.

Archived