HQ | Tallahassee

Florida

HQ: Tallahassee

After making a call to the local chamber of commerce and the economic development counsel to learn that they have not put together a list of companies that are based out of Tallahassee for their own use or for the purpose of educating the public I figure it's time we put one together here on UrbanPlanet. I've been tracking these type of things for a while, but mind you, my knowledge of all companies in Tallahassee is limited so I'll need the help of everyone on board.

I'll create a new post where I'll begin to list the companies I know of that are based out of Tallahassee. When we feel we've put the list together I'll re-edit this post and place them here. I'll also forward the list to the Chamber of Commerce.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Look for Capital City Bank to make its presence throughout the region as well...

Capital City Bank Group, Inc. Completes Merger With First Alachua Banking Corporation

TALLAHASSEE, Fla. /Capital City Bank Group, Inc. (Nasdaq:CCBG) announced today the completion of its merger with First Alachua Banking Corporation (FABC). The corporation

• 2 weeks later...

Read this article: http://www.tallahassee.com/mld/tallahassee/12000896.htm

I really hope the county leaders will give EDC(economic development council) this 1.6 million dollars to convince this company to come to Tallahassee. That would really provide some job opportunities.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Key statement...

" Last week, Innovation Park board members voted to chip in $1,050,000 in land and cash, providing the company moved into Innovation Park. It expressed interest in moving near the park's magnetic lab."

the Mag Lab is why Tally is a player for this company. It would be a nice land for the area. If Tally could pair advanatages like the lab, which already exists, with the keys to attracting high tech....then you would have something. But it just seems they aren't doing much beyond sticking with what they currently have. FYI, the Mag Lab is one FSU attained.

^LOL... at those FYIs. He's right... Another FYI... Vice President Al Gore spoke at the grand opening of the Mag Lab! :)

He's absolutely right, however, Tallahassee is still in the runing because of the presence of the MagLab. I think we can pull it off and use lessons learned with this company to draw in more... lets hope all goes well with this one.

A SIGN OF CONFIDENCE FROM OUR LEADERS reports say that a perfect vote agreed tot he incentive package that might land us a little piece of canada! what a lucky lay out though really! the big wigz can have a tally condo for winters.... and canada to escape the tropical summers.

^My thoughts exactly. I'm glad to see the united commission on this issue. This is a sign to me that times have changed and we're truly trying to turn the corner in this community with relation to the Business Community. My hope is that the company will choose Tallahassee and we'll be able to report the grand opening of a new Headquarters.

i saw the meeting on TV and the guy from the Ec Dev was asking for a blueprint of city incentives to make future request easier... he also said that over 90% of relocations locate to existing space, rather than building new facilities (obvious reasons). Is this bid we are making a factory type development, or an office building?

• 5 months later...
  • 2 years later...

Companies with HQ in Tallahassee MSA:

• Mainline Information Systems (Wholesale: Distributor of computer hardware, storage units and software products. Services: Provider of computer system integration and information technology consulting services, including disaster recovery.)

• DataMaxx Group (Develops, installs and maintains desktop and mobile software applications for use by federal, state and local law enforcement and criminal justice agencies.)

• Danfoss Turbocor (Producer of Oil-Free, Magnetic Based Air Compressors)

• PatLive (Automated and Live Telephone Answering Services)

• Capital City Bank (Bank holding company for state-chartered and nationally chartered commercial banks.)

• Flightline Group (Flightline, a full service Chevron Fixed Base Operation, provides avation services. Piper Aircraft Distributor for for Alabama, Louisiana, Mississippi, Florida, Georgia, and Tennessee.)

• GTO (design and distribute gate operator products and access controls in the USA.)

• Talla-Com (Manufacturing: Intercommunication systems. electric.)

• The Zimmerman Agency (Public Relations Firm)

• Ajax Building Corporation (Regional Contractors)

• Fringe Benefits Management Company

• Meridian Healthcare Group (Services: Help supply services)

• Qunicy Corp. (Agricultural: Fresh Produce)

• Skagfield Corp (Blinds and Shades Manufacturing)

• Economic Research Services

• Quincy Joist (Steel joist, girders, roof and floor trusses)

• Infinity Software Development Inc. (Develops custom Internet, mainframe, client-server and multimedia software and provides IT consulting.)

• Rose Printing Company (Manufacturing: Book printing; book binding service; commercial lithographic printing)

• Alltel Florida (Live Oak, FL)

• Homes & Lands (National Real Estate Magazine)

• Municipal Code Corporation (publishing Codes of Ordinances, Land Use Codes and Charters for local governments)

Thomasville:

• Flowers Food Inc. (Manufacturing: Fresh and frozen baked goods including breads, rolls, desserts and snacks.)

Hey where'd you get that list FL? Maybe out of your "bag-o-tricks?"

I wonder what the criteria is for that list? Is it a minimum number of employees? Revenue generated? Just meaning that if you and I owned a company here in Tally FL w/only ourselves working there, we'd still be an HQ.

I thought Zimmerman was bought out by a larger company located somewhere else?

Hey where'd you get that list FL? Maybe out of your "bag-o-tricks?"

I wonder what the criteria is for that list? Is it a minimum number of employees? Revenue generated? Just meaning that if you and I owned a company here in Tally FL w/only ourselves working there, we'd still be an HQ.

I thought Zimmerman was bought out by a larger company located somewhere else?

I think they were bought out? You tell me please b/c I'm not sure due to the fact they all have the same last name?????

Zimmerman buys Zimmerman

Ah yes Homes and Land. That's a good one and you got me to thinking about their old location out on CCSW. That is where Municipal Code Corporation is located. They make all the Code Book of Ordinance for the different cities and municipalities.

Municipal Code Corp

I think they were bought out? You tell me please b/c I'm not sure due to the fact they all have the same last name?????

Zimmerman buys Zimmerman

Ah yes Homes and Land. That's a good one and you got me to thinking about their old location out on CCSW. That is where Municipal Code Corporation is located. They make all the Code Book of Ordinance for the different cities and municipalities.

Municipal Code Corp

Archived