6 Highrise Towers for Portsmouth Waterfront!

vdogg

Yeah, but all the RFP/RFQ's were due earlier this month so i'm just anxious to see how that's going.

From RFQ:

Jan. 24 = Selection of Developers & Presentation of Selections to City Council

Jan. 25 = Notification of Selected Developers & Initiate Contract Negotiations

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

From RFQ:

Jan. 24 = Selection of Developers & Presentation of Selections to City Council

I looked at the portsmouth council minutes to see if I could glean any information. It said "midtown and downtown development update" and then immediately after it said "recess to closed session" :angry: Guess we'll have to wait till their state of the city to find out more info. :)

I looked at the portsmouth council minutes to see if I could glean any information. It said "midtown and downtown development update" and then immediately after it said "recess to closed session" :angry: Guess we'll have to wait till their state of the city to find out more info. :)

When is the state of the city address for Portsmouth?

• 3 weeks later...

I just wanted to let you all know that on the city's website they still have the bid in the "under evaluation" section. I'm thinking that they have already picked the developer and are in the negotiation process behind closed doors. Once they have ironed out all the details with the developer we will see the plan. We all know how our media outlets are and they're not going to go digging for this information the city has to give it to them on a silver platter before any of them run a story. So, we will have to wait and see.

I just wanted to let you all know that on the city's website they still have the bid in the "under evaluation" section. I'm thinking that they have already picked the developer and are in the negotiation process behind closed doors. Once they have ironed out all the details with the developer we will see the plan. We all know how our media outlets are and they're not going to go digging for this information the city has to give it to them on a silver platter before any of them run a story. So, we will have to wait and see.

Maybe we'll just have to sneak one of our UP spies into a meeting to get some details. :whistling::lol:

lol, or we could have one of our members drop off a body on one of the sites. That would get the media swarming around this area for information. We would have a full in-depth team coverage article on the development within two days. :D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Out of area developers taking an interest in Portsmouth

When the city receives proposals Friday for a Midtown shopping center, two of the four bids will come from companies out of state. Next week, the city will begin weighing three out-of-area proposals to build a skyscraper on the downtown waterfront.

Holy Crap! :shok: This is awesome. :yahoo:

The downtown tower has drawn the interest of developers based around New York and Washington. Only one - Roseland Property Co. of New Jersey, which also has a satellite office in Portsmouth - has done a project in the city before.

It goes on to say they hope to have a developer chosen by May. The tower will be at least 20 stories tall but I feel it may go taller than that. This is the news we've all been waiting for and it is good to see things moving ahead so quickly. :)

The first is a downtown tower at least 20 stories high on 2.4 waterfront acres between City Hall and Ocean Marine Yacht Center, along with an office-residential building on 2.5 vacant acres across the street.

So it looks like there are 2 towers under consideration in that location, not just one.

I wonder what it will be. Offices and condos, or just offices? I hope it will be a god looking building, not just a Lego box. This is great news!

So i'm guessing one will be just a residential tower while the one across the street, as stated, will be mixed use. I'm willing to bet that both will have ground level retail.

Out of area developers taking an interest in Portsmouth

When the city receives proposals Friday for a Midtown shopping center, two of the four bids will come from companies out of state. Next week, the city will begin weighing three out-of-area proposals to build a skyscraper on the downtown waterfront.

Holy Crap! :shok: This is awesome. :yahoo:

Great stuff! Can't wait.

Archived