A Very Cool Photo of Saginaw

wolverine

Here's where Wolverine is from.

saginawalllitup.jpg

Ha, right...

sagnasty.gif

I saw the photo in different place on the net, but now i found the original. It seems the businesses and the city only turn all their lights on at certain times, apparently when the Sagianw Spirit OHL team is playing or there is some other big event. But usually, all of that decorative lighting is shut off. I noticed how depressing it looked when I was coming back over the I-675 bridge through downtown after watching the Pistons game at a friend's house.

But as I was coming over the bridge, I noticed atop the Delphi Towers building was this huge jumbotron thing. Arguably larger than the one at Ford Field. It seemed to be competing with the electronic signboards on the other side of the freeway for the Events Center. It played out an advertisement for some local insurance company and then switched to some game highlights of the Pistons. I was so distracted I didn't realize I was driving in two lanes. Anyway I thought the signs were pretty cool. I'm hoping more will be added.

EDIT: I thought this was in the Mid-Michigan subforum. Allan, can you please move it?

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think it's because the Bay City fireworks blow all of the other mid-michigan city's shows out of the water. Cities schedule on different days to prevent competition. I've been to Bay City, Flint, Saginaw, and Frankenmuth's fireworks shows all in the past few years (All on different days), but Bay City's were by far the best out of all of them since they had a longer display on their beautiful waterfront along with bands and food stands everywhere. The only problem was finding room to sit. Both sides of the river are packed, as well as the river itself with boats. I think BC's display happens on 3 nights, so I'll get to see the Detroit fireworks again of course (now moved to an earlier date). :D

Frankenmuth's fireworks display is also impressive, which takes place on the river. It's nice because of all the shops and eateries to go through before the show. I think there's also a laser show.

• 1 month later...

Archived