Mission Impossible in Norfolk?

willy

Hollywood Eyes Hampton Roads

NewsChannel Three has learned that Paramount Pictures is eyeing several cities in Hampton Roads as possible locations for filming of the latest installment of Mission Impossible Three starring Tom Cruise.

edited for copyright

Story

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

yea its great when that happens....Richmond is used often as D.C. in movies so its neat to go "hey that looks like the Riverfront Towers...those are the Riverfront towers!" and I think Hannibal or Red Dragon or both were filmed in Richmond but I didnt remember seeing any distinct landmarks. ohwell this would be cool. I remember when Va Beach was shown in this movie about a big title wave or something to that nature.

yea its great when that happens....Richmond is used often as D.C. in movies so its neat to go "hey that looks like the Riverfront Towers...those are the Riverfront towers!" and I think Hannibal or Red Dragon or both were filmed in Richmond but I didnt remember seeing any distinct landmarks. ohwell this would be cool. I remember when Va Beach was shown in this movie about a big title wave or something to that nature.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Norfolk and Vabeach where in pretty much most of the movie Navy Seal with Charlie Sheen and it had Portsmouth too.

• 2 months later...

Sorry to reply to an old thread, but I run a local community site and one thing I was trying to put together was a list of motion picture film appearances of Hampton Roads. Basically, movies that have been shot in HR.

I do know about New Dominion pictures or whatever they are called, and that shows like the New Detectives are filmed locally.

I believe "Virus" was shot off of Newport News.

Navy Seals, of course.

An old movie "Making Contact" has some HR ties, including Z104 stickers on the kid's door and our local paper.

Death of Oceanview Park, of course.

Anyone know of others?

In the article it appears they're shooting on the Chesapeake Bay Bridge Tunnel.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I was watching ET on Monday evening. They had an exclusive interview with Tom Cruise while he was on the set of MI3. From what I could tell they were on a bridge. In the background behind the interviewer, one of the trucks on the set had Virginia license plates. That interview could have taken place anywhere, but VA plates and a bridge leads me to suspect filming was taking place on the CBBT.

Check the video on this page

http://et.tv.yahoo.com/movies/etsid51890012497/

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That movie wrldcoupe4 was the Abyss, i have that movie on DVD! :lol:

Here's what a search came up with from http://www.telefilm-south.com/Virginia/VPS...2005tab2h.shtml

I listed only the feature films from 2004-1979 and a Bruce Hornsby vid :) but there are many other television series, and mini-series from Va Beach/Norfolk/HR

Enjoy,

Metalman

HEARTS IN ATLANTIS

Feature

Castle Rock Entertainment

Staunton, Richmond, Virginia Beach

RULES OF ENGAGEMENT

Feature

Paramount Pictures

Northern Virginia, Hampton Roads

F.B.I. FILES

GHOST STORIES

THE NEW DETECTIVES

NAVY SEALS: UNTOLD STORIES

Television Series

New Dominion Pictures

Virginia Beach, Hampton Roads

VIRUS

Feature

Universal Pictures

Newport News, Hampton Roads

VANISHING SON

Television Mini-Series

R. A. Productions

Hampton Roads

BLIND VISION

Feature

Vertigo Pictures

Norfolk

DEUCE COUPE

Feature

Deuce Coupe Partners

Hampton Roads

SCARED SILLY

Feature

RTR Entertainment

Suffolk

NAVY SEALS

Feature

Orion Pictures

Hampton Roads, Richmond

VALLEY ROAD

Music Video

Bruce Hornsby

The Pier Group

Hampton Roads

THE HEAT LINE

Feature

ACPAV

Virginia Beach, Newport News, Yorktown

SHADOW OF THE EAGLE

Feature

Eagle Shadow Productions

Norfolk

DEATH OF OCEANVIEW PARK

Television Movie

Playboy Productions for ABC

Norfolk

FINAL COUNTDOWN

Feature

United Artists

Norfolk

Sorry to reply to an old thread, but I run a local community site and one thing I was trying to put together was a list of motion picture film appearances of Hampton Roads. Basically, movies that have been shot in HR.

I do know about New Dominion pictures or whatever they are called, and that shows like the New Detectives are filmed locally.

I believe "Virus" was shot off of Newport News.

Navy Seals, of course.

An old movie "Making Contact" has some HR ties, including Z104 stickers on the kid's door and our local paper.

Death of Oceanview Park, of course.

Anyone know of others?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

"Rollercoaster" with Timothy Bottoms and George Segal

"Deep Impact" with Morgan Freeman (There was only a VA Beach sign)

"The Last Detail" with Jack Nicholson and Dennis Quaid

Here's a good one for your guys, i bet noone noticed this one b/c i barely noticed it. "Dawn of the Dead" has on the extras screen a news anchor man showing places where people have been infected and eventhough the movie took place in Wisconsin the news of the vastly spreading infected areas was out of Norfolk. In the back ground was the skyline of DT Norfolk. Now how is that for a little publicity. :D

Also what about that tv show that was based in richmond " In The Line Of Fire" i think it went off the air sometimes in the last year or so!

I've seen the Richmond skyline several times recently on talk shows featuring the mother of that poor teenage girl who was abducted (apparently) from the VCU area. Channel 12 (NBC & FOX) has stock nighttime backgrounds of downtown Richmond which they always trot out for network interviews.

• 3 weeks later...

going along with the MI3 thing....

"'Mission Impossible 3' filming in Richmond

BY DANIEL NEMAN

TIMES-DISPATCH STAFF WRITER

Oct 5, 2005

"Mission: Impossible 3" is filming in town today, but only a little bit of it......

.......A scene showing a car driving fast under a railway trestle is being shot on Dock Street around 15th Street. Some of the action, including a car swerving around a corner, is being covered from the air by a camera mounted on a helicopter.

According to publicist Amanda Brand, if the crew has the time it also hopes to shoot a scene at Stuart Circle on Monument Avenue as part of the same fast-driving scene.

The crew is in Richmond for one day only, and is moving on to Northern Virginia tomorrow to film in Rosslyn and on the 14th Street Bridge. Yesterday's filming was at the Chesapeake Bay Bridge Tunnel."

Archived