Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Raintree21

Gas prices in Charlotte

How come I keep seeing articles talking about gas prices across the nation are falling and even today, OPEC announced they are increasing oil output, yet gas prices have remained the same in Charlotte and have actually increased in the last few days?

I bought some gas on Westinghouse Blvd for my gas guzzling boat and SUV for $1.97 last week. Thats certainly quite a bit less than it was in April

We are still getting jipped. We saw gas for $1.83 in Charleston on Memorial weekend.

I'd say Pineville has been at the cheapest at around 1.97 followed by middle/east Charlotte at 1.99, then north Charlotte in the low 2.00 range. But they haven't moved in the last 2 weeks, and then today, I noticed all of the 1.99 stations are now 2.03.

Typically the best prices on intown gas is at the Petro Express at Independence and 3rd......last I checked it was $1.95.

Typically the best prices on intown gas is at the Petro Express at Independence and 3rd......last I checked it was $1.95.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Last night we got 93 octane there for $2/gallon.

I find gas is usually cheaper at the stations around Concord Mills than it is in Charlotte, but I haven't been out that way lately.

In NY, just filled up for $2.37 for 87 octane and we are closer to all of the refineries and ports in NJ. How does that make sense???

Oh the joy of NY inflation. My aunt's mortgage payment is two and a half times the size of mine for a much older house with less amenities and a longer commute to work. I don't see why New Yorkers complain about the price of anything. Its NY, its always been more expensive than the rest of the country and it always will. Thats why so many New Yorkers move to the Southeast. Here in Charlotte there are a ton of New Yorkers and when I was in Jax there were a bunch down there too. For $2.37 you must be way out in the island too because I think its even higher than that close to the city. You should head over the GW bridge and fill up in Jersey. Jersey has some of the cheapest gas in the country and you don't even have to pump your own gas.

Last week I saw $1.799 at the Petro Express on 200 N. in Monroe, not sure what the current price is, but that's the cheapest I've seen it in a long time! Premium (which I unfortunately have to use) was $1.999. Sure beats out my $2.149 I get at BJ's!