Great Folio Article

merlin

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<< Reading it now. It is complimentary of Allegretti, not critical. I think it is one of the few articles I have read in Folio with which I didnt completely disagree. Not bad. It mentions his belief in the potential of downtown and relatively cheap price per square foot for existing buildings. It also mentions TUC's bid for the main library (and the others). It then discusses the success of Burrito Gallery (which has great food, by the way) and the fact that the city, unbelievably, has cited him for the painting on his building calling it grafitti. It also talks about his work with the City and marketing downtown and the Art Walks and other art events which occur downtown. I think it is a good, positive piece.

Yeah - it's a decent article. At least it is giving the rebirth of downtown a positive spin by citing it is in the realm of possibility. It also makes note of the restaurant going in above the burrito gallery.

I wasn't knocking the optimists - I am one of them.

"Downtown doesn't have parking problems. People have walking problems"

You should have heard some of the remarks around the office in Ponte Vedra, when I mentioned that quote this morning.

Nice read. It really does give you a refreshing outlook on things and increases your will to be a part of downtown's revitalization process. I'm also looking forward to seeing the Escriba's, the planned restaurant upstairs open this fall. Adams Street is really on the verge of becoming something special.

Archived