ironchapman

Little Rock Projects List

It has been awhile for me to post anything in the LR forum...

I've been following the traffic. A couple of things I've heard about, but had not seen posted are an update on the William Clark Wetlands. I heard that Director Kumpuris made the news about the park. Anyone have anything?

Did the City complete the work around the Junction Bridge and the Little Rock in time for Riverfest?

Also, I heard about a developer who is renovating houses in the Oak Forest neighborhood. The developer is using locals for construction workers and buying everything locally. He had an aggressive plan to rehab entire areas, not just one or two house, more like dozens of house. I also know some folks participating in the Oak Forrest Community Garden. Anyone have news about this?

As usual thanks for all the great pics, Skirby. Here's how I hope to be spending my 4th. King's Dominion Intmidator305. Assuming the lines aren't too long.

Edited by turboturtle

It has been awhile for me to post anything in the LR forum...

I've been following the traffic. A couple of things I've heard about, but had not seen posted are an update on the William Clark Wetlands. I heard that Director Kumpuris made the news about the park. Anyone have anything?

Did the City complete the work around the Junction Bridge and the Little Rock in time for Riverfest?

Also, I heard about a developer who is renovating houses in the Oak Forest neighborhood. The developer is using locals for construction workers and buying everything locally. He had an aggressive plan to rehab entire areas, not just one or two house, more like dozens of house. I also know some folks participating in the Oak Forrest Community Garden. Anyone have news about this?

As usual thanks for all the great pics, Skirby. Here's how I hope to be spending my 4th. King's Dominion Intmidator305. Assuming the lines aren't too long.

Plan to get down to the river in the next few weeks so I will check out the wetland park and the Junction Bridge as well as the Clinton Park Bridge.

Noticed in the Arkansas D-G today that Tower Investments has sold the old downtown YMCA building. Tower had some nice plans for the building but had to cancel them because of the cost.

Plan to get down to the river in the next few weeks so I will check out the wetland park and the Junction Bridge as well as the Clinton Park Bridge.

Noticed in the Arkansas D-G today that Tower Investments has sold the old downtown YMCA building. Tower had some nice plans for the building but had to cancel them because of the cost.

If yall are talking about the wetlands area by the Clinton Library, then, yes, it is under development. They have done some dirt work creating levees. I'm sure it will go fast now that it has started.

From today's Dem Gaz...

Dear Mahatma: I live near Cantrell and Mississippi. There is no safe way to walk across this intersection, even though a curb cut was put in when the new Walgreens was built. Even on Sunday mornings when I walk to church the cars whiz by, and Sunday is the ONLY time I’d ever attempt it. - Lisa.

Dear Lisa: Improvements are on the way. So says David Nilles of the Arkansas Highway and Transportation Department. Cantrell is also Arkansas 10, and falls under the department’s jurisdiction.

Nilles says a project will widen Cantrell to five lanes extending from Mississippi Avenue east to Perryville Road. As part of the project, the intersection of Cantrell and Mississippi will have new traffic signals, sidewalks and wheelchair access.

A contract will be let in the spring of 2013, with construction to begin four or five weeks afterward.

This is welcome news.. although its not exactly happening anytime soon! I hate getting stuck behind left hand turners on that stretch of road!

Map of area: http://maps.google.c...7,0.022724&z=16

Finally! I font know how many times I've seen wrecks and almost wrecks because of the unsafe set up of the road, lights and no turn lane. I'm sure this would ease traffic congrestion dramatically in the area, lower the accidents and increase pedestrian safety as well. But 2013? Hopefully early 2013.

In a recent report on one of the local TV stations about business openings in LR he said  the Chamber of Commence  will soon be announcing a number of tech openings/developments in the near future.  Anybody know about this?

This is unrelated to the Little Rock Forum, but it seems like our neighbor, Memphis market, is hot in bringing stores/restaurants new to the market that was on Little Rock's wish list. I mean first it was Ikea, then H&M, Nordstrom Rack, and now Cheesecake Factory! I may be driving to Memphis quite often!!!

Edited by ecity3138

Get this week's edition or go online to the Arkansas Times. It has great write ups on development that has happened and that is planned in downtown Little Rock and North Little Rock.

Next week will be a big week for the downtown area with the opening of the Broadway Bridge and the opening of the Tech Park.