Little Rock Projects List

NORTH LITTLE ROCK:

The Enclave at the Riverfront is a 260-unit mid-rise apartment complex being developed by Bomasada Group, Inc. in downtown North Little Rock. The property is located on the north side of the Riverfront Drive and east of the Main Street Bridge Street, just across the Arkansas River from the central business district of Little Rock, the River Market District, the Clinton Presidential Center and Park and Heifer International. Alltel Arena is across the street from the project and the new Stephens Baseball Field (Home of the Arkansas Travelers

• 3 weeks later...

The Little Rock Planning Commission met Thursday regarding the place where the Summit Mall was planned to go. Clary Development Corp is planning a $100 million retail center for the space, which is near the intersection of 430 and Shackelford Rd.

"We think Little Rock is ready for a nice lifestyle type shopping center, a mainstream type shopping center,

The Little Rock Planning Commission met Thursday regarding the place where the Summit Mall was planned to go.  Clary Development Corp is planning a $100 million retail center for the space, which is near the intersection of 430 and Shackelford Rd.

"We think Little Rock is ready for a nice lifestyle type shopping center, a mainstream type shopping center,

Two new projects for NLR.

A small mixed use project has been announced for Main St North Little Rock. It will contain office/retail/condos. It will only only have eight condos but will add to street activity. It is also on the trolley line. NRL's downtown is doing well.

The other project is the construction of a new building for state use. It will be in the area of I430 south of I40. It will be a green constructed building.

05823175116_ADEQ_green_building.jpg

Two new projects for NLR.

A small mixed use project has been announced for Main St North Little Rock. It will contain office/retail/condos. It will only only have eight condos but will add to street activity. It is also on the trolley line. NRL's downtown is doing well.

The other project is the construction of a new building for state use. It will be in the area of I430 south of I40. It will be a green constructed building.

05823175116_ADEQ_green_building.jpg

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Somebody needs to buy up pawn shop row between the bridge and the arena. Those old buildings could actually be converted to some pretty cool uses. Right now they're a drag on the area.

• 3 weeks later...

Two items of interest. The Federal Transit Administration has awarded CATA money for the construction of Phase II of the River Rail. Also, it has been reported that Moses Tucker has purchased the old ARKLA building. This building is across the street from their Rainwater Flats condo development and a couple of blocks south of their upcoming 300 3rd Tower project. The ARKLA building is located between the Post Office and the River Cities Travel Center on East Capitol.

Two items of interest. The Federal Transit Administration has awarded CATA money for the construction of Phase II of the River Rail. Also, it has been reported that Moses Tucker has purchased the old ARKLA building.  This building is across the street from their Rainwater Flats condo development and a couple of blocks south of their upcoming 300 3rd Tower project. The ARKLA building is located between the Post Office and the River Cities Travel Center on East Capitol.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Nice to hear some Little Rock news. Hasn't been any talk on here about Little Rock in a little while. For those of us not that familiar with Little Rock, any ideas what kind of building the old ARKLA building is? Is it very big, very old?

The ARKLA building was one time the headquarters of ARKLA Gas. It was built in the 60's and is about 3 or 4 stories tall. The interesting thing about the building was that it contained a very large working gas turbine on the first floor. It was enclosed with glass so it could been seen. Lately it has been rented out to the state for office space.

Also, Tower Investments is buying a parking lot across the street from the Lafayette Building. I don't know if this is part of their redevelopment plans for Lafayette Square or something else.

The ARKLA building was one time the headquarters of ARKLA Gas. It was built in the 60's and is about 3 or 4 stories tall. The interesting thing about the building was that it contained a very large working gas turbine on the first floor. It was enclosed with glass so it could been seen. Lately it has been rented out to the state for office space.

Also, Tower Investments is buying a parking lot across the street  from the Lafayette Building. I don't know if this is part of their redevelopment plans for Lafayette Square or something else.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Interesting. I remember ARKLA from when I lived in Pine Bluff. Although norhtwest Arkansas seems to have different utilities than the rest of the state. But anyway do you have any ideas on what the building will be used for?

Edited by Mith242

Interesting.  I remember ARKLA from when I lived in Pine Bluff.  Although norhtwest Arkansas seems to have different utilities than the rest of the state.  But anyway do you have any ideas on what the building will be used for?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The building is being used as office space but MT is the major condo builder in Little Rock. The building has 176,550 sq ft of space and is the only structure on the block.

It has been announced the Rye Furniture building has been purchased in NRL. It is located right down the street from the new ballpark. Rye has until June to find a new home. I think the building will be taken down. It is a warehouse type building built in the 60's or 70's. Not much to look at. Located at Broadway and Maple where the trolley turns back to Main.

Also, Lions International has announced intentions to build a new headquarters south of the Clinton Library and Heifer International.

It has been announced the Rye Furniture building has been purchased in NRL. It is located right down the street from the new ballpark. Rye has until June to find a new home. I think the building will be taken down. It is a warehouse type building built in the 60's or 70's. Not much to look at. Located at Broadway and Maple where the trolley turns back to Main.

Also, Lions International has announced intentions to build a new headquarters south of the Clinton Library and Heifer International.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Any ideas on what might be done with the Rye building?

Interesting note in Arkansas Business "Capital Hotel Undergoes Renovation". The hotel is owned by Stephens who also owns the rest of the block to the East on Main. He has talked about tearing down the old bus station that is there. It would be nice to see this developed along with the hotel.

As for the Rye building I do not know what is to become of it. Maybe this is one of the pojects Mayor Hayes mention in connection with the ballpark. Before the vote he said that several projects should be announced before the first of the year.

Also, Tower Investments is buying a parking lot across the street  from the Lafayette Building. I don't know if this is part of their redevelopment plans for Lafayette Square or something else.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It looks like the lot will be used for parking for Lafayette Square. Updated information on Lafayette Square. The whole developmwnt will contain 94 condominiums with 30 being ready next year. New website :Lafayette Square

It looks like the lot will be used for parking for Lafayette Square. Updated information on Lafayette Square. The whole developmwnt will contain 94 condominiums with 30 being ready next year. New website :Lafayette Square

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

There's another article on Arkansas Business about this project.

Anyone have any info on some of these buildings mentioned in this project? I believe I saw three mentioned, the Lafayette, Arkansas and M.M. Cohen. If I'm correct the Lafayette was a hotel. I saw a picture in the Arkansas Democrat-Gazette which I believe was the interior of the Lafayette. Which by the way looked pretty nice. But I haven't heard much about the other two buildings. Does anyone know much about them or even how big they are?

Anyone have any info on some of these buildings mentioned in this project?  I believe I saw three mentioned, the Lafayette, Arkansas and M.M. Cohen.  If I'm correct the Lafayette was a hotel.  I saw a picture in the Arkansas Democrat-Gazette which I believe was the interior of the Lafayette.  Which by the way looked pretty nice.  But I haven't heard much about the other two buildings.  Does anyone know much about them or even how big they are?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Lafayette Square:lsrendition.jpg

The Lafayette Building is the ten story brown building with the white on the top and street level. It has a great lobby of polished wood. The Arkansas Building is the red brick building with the green awning. This is not the original name. I think is was once the home of Blass Department Store(later bought out by Dillard's). The next building to the right is the Kahn Building. To the right of it is the M.M. Cohn building. It was the home of the M.M.Cohn Department Store. The building on the right is the Boyle Building.I think the Boyle is the best looking old building in Little Rock. It is located at the corner of 5th and Main. I always thought that it contained part of M.M. Cohn. It had a shoe store on ground level. Across Main Street is the failed Main Street Mall. A 1980's effort costing $25 million that combined all the buildings on the block facing Main. There are a few offices in the building now.

Lafayette Square:lsrendition.jpg

The Lafayette Building is the ten story brown building with the white on the top and street level. It has a great lobby of polished wood. The Arkansas Building is the red brick building with the green awning. This is not the original name. I think is was once the home of Blass Department Store(later bought out by Dillard's). The next building to the right is the Kahn Building. To the right of it is the M.M. Cohn building. It was the home of the M.M.Cohn Department Store. The building on the right is the Boyle Building.I think the Boyle is the best looking old building in Little Rock. It is located at the corner of 5th and Main. I always thought that it contained part of M.M. Cohn. It had a shoe store on ground level. Across Main Street is the failed Main Street Mall. A 1980's effort  costing $25 million that combined all the buildings on the block facing Main. There are a few offices in the building now.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That old Lafayette building is one of the most attractive old buildings in Little Rock. If it hadn't been converted from hotel to office space I think the condo conversion would've happened years ago but obviously they will have to empty the offices out and reconstruct residences. The lobby/bar is first class and I hope they keep that intact. I'm really glad they parlayed it into a block-project.

I thought the original Dillard's building (once Blass) over there was supposed to be a homeless shelter, which riled a lot of people up. What happened to that?

In the vicinity, the old Donaghey building (Arkansas' first "skyscraper") has been rumored to become something nice for a while since it was saved from demolition. Any word on what is to become of it?

That old Lafayette building is one of the most attractive old buildings in Little Rock.  If it hadn't been converted from hotel to office space I think the condo conversion would've happened years ago but obviously they will have to empty the offices out and reconstruct residences.  The lobby/bar is first class and I hope they keep that intact.  I'm really glad they parlayed it into a block-project. 

I thought the original Dillard's building (once Blass) over there was supposed to be a homeless shelter, which riled a lot of people up.  What happened to that?

In the vicinity, the old Donaghey building (Arkansas' first "skyscraper") has been rumored to become something nice for a while since it was saved from demolition.  Any word on what is to become of it?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The more I think about it the Arkansas Building was home to Phifer's Department Store and Blass was futher North on Main. The homeless shelter on Main has a new home in another part of town.

The Donaghey Building is still in use as an office building. On the next block South and across Main an office building and parking deck for state workers has been built.

State Urban Campus Development:

donaghey1.jpg

donaghey4.jpg

donaghey2.jpg

In the vicinity, the old Donaghey building (Arkansas' first "skyscraper") has been rumored to become something nice for a while since it was saved from demolition.  Any word on what is to become of it?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I saw somewhere that Arkansas's first 'skyscraper' was in Hot Springs not Little Rock.