Little Rock Projects List

Development update.

The Enclave at the Riverfront has announced they will add eight condos to their project. Also, the cookie factory is gone and now construction can began.

The City of NLR will hold a public meeting Thursday night on the ballpark design. It now has the look of a train station. The design that was in the Times of NLR was sort of dull. They should look at the train station in LR for pointers.

Another project was announced for the Little Rock area.

Cardinal Health plans to open a call center in Sherwood that will employ 500 people.

Way to go Little Rock!!

This follows a call center by FTD in Sherwood that will empoly 250.

Also, a call center by Blue Cross in LR has opened that will employ 600.

Edited by skirby

NORTH LITTLE ROCK:

The Enclave at the Riverfront is a 260-unit mid-rise apartment complex being developed by Bomasada Group, Inc. in downtown North Little Rock. The property is located on the north side of the Riverfront Drive and east of the Main Street Bridge Street, just across the Arkansas River from the central business district of Little Rock, the River Market District, the Clinton Presidential Center and Park and Heifer International. Alltel Arena is across the street from the project and the new Stephens Baseball Field (Home of the Arkansas Travelers

The Residences at Building 5 has been announced as a new condo project for LR. The project calls for 12 condos for Building 5 which is located next to the Doubletree Hotel. Five floors will be added to the building. The price for condos will top out at close to $2 million. This project is across the river from the new ballpark. Also, developers are going before the Planning Commission with the $42 million Lighthouse Point project. The project will include 220 apartments and a 206-slip Marina at Lighthouse Point. The development will be East of the Clintion Library on the river.

residences_condos.jpg

I thought you might want to see the Residences at Building 5 before the redevelopment. This is from the NRL side. It is the red building to the left of the white hotel across the river.

20051119image00151ke.jpg

Any ideas on what might be done with the Rye building?

As stated before the Rye building has been purchased by a group which includes John Gaudin. Mr. Gaudin is also behind Argenta Place. The Rhy building is located on the next block to the southwest of the Argenta Place project in NLR. It is also only a block away from the new ballpark. It will be interesting to see what happens.

As stated before the Rye building has been purchased by a group which includes John Gaudin. Mr. Gaudin is also behind Argenta Place. The Rhy building is located on the next block to the southwest of the Argenta Place project in NLR. It is also only a block away from the new ballpark. It will be interesting to see what happens.

Is Joey Lauren Adams doing something with that cool old Spanish-style building on Main in Argenta? I've heard rumors about that for a while.

Is Joey Lauren Adams doing something with that cool old Spanish-style building on Main in Argenta? I've heard rumors about that for a while.

I think the Spanish-style building on Main has been redone. I think it contains offices and a apartment. Further north where there is a police substation a condo project has been announced. It will contain 16 condos and two apartments and office space, to be constructed in two phases. There will be a small private park on either end.

nrlcondo5qm.jpg

The following is a reproduction of a billboard put up to advertise Argenta Place. This shows a different rendering than before.

argentaboard6ee.jpg

Tonights NRL city council meeting will push forward two upcoming projects for the city .(1)R-05-151

Approving and accepting the Schematic Design Package of HKS, Inc. for the Baseball Park Facilities.

R-05-152

Authorizing the Mayor and City Clerk to enter into a contract with East Harding/Hensel Phelps for construction management services for the Baseball Park Facilities

(2) Authorizing a Development Relationship between the City of NLR and Marinas North, LLC for property known as the Smarthouse Way Northern Tract. Also,

Approving an agreement between Main Street Argenta and Marinas North, LLC for a Plan of Development for Real Estate conveyed to Main Street Argenta.

The final design plans for the ballpark should be available tomorrow.

Tonights NRL city council meeting will push forward two upcoming projects for the city .(1)R-05-151

Approving and accepting the Schematic Design Package of HKS, Inc. for the Baseball Park Facilities.

R-05-152

Authorizing the Mayor and City Clerk to enter into a contract with East Harding/Hensel Phelps for construction management services for the Baseball Park Facilities

(2) Authorizing a Development Relationship between the City of NLR and Marinas North, LLC for property known as the Smarthouse Way Northern Tract. Also,

Approving an agreement between Main Street Argenta and Marinas North, LLC for a Plan of Development for Real Estate conveyed to Main Street Argenta.

The final design plans for the ballpark should be available tomorrow.

The ballpark should start construction with design and contractors being approved. There has been some changes. The ballpark will take up most if not all of the property with nothing being left for other developments by Stephens. It looks like a deal was made between the city and Stephens for this to happen. Stephens will now have a part in the development of the seven acres across Broadway. The developers of Marinas North will have 180 days to develop their plans for the five acres on the river.

I'm sure everyone's already up on this, but the RiverRail trolly line will have phase 2 completed by November '06. This will extend the route east to the Clinton Library and Hiefer International Headquarters.

Over 180,000 passengers boarded the trolleys during their first full year of operation (40,000 more than projected). Since the trolleys began operation, over $100 million in development has been announced along the track.

Any photo updates would be appreciated... (I guess that means you skirby :shades: )

I'm sure everyone's already up on this, but the RiverRail trolly line will have phase 2 completed by November '06. This will extend the route east to the Clinton Library and Hiefer International Headquarters.

Over 180,000 passengers boarded the trolleys during their first full year of operation (40,000 more than projected). Since the trolleys began operation, over $100 million in development has been announced along the track.

Any photo updates would be appreciated... (I guess that means you skirby :shades: )

Yeah you guys might be waiting for quite a while if you're wanting pics of Little Rock from me. :D But hey you guys also have GSCullum. But back to the topic, after they extend to route eastward where would you like to see the line go?

Yeah you guys might be waiting for quite a while if you're wanting pics of Little Rock from me. :D But hey you guys also have GSCullum. But back to the topic, after they extend to route eastward where would you like to see the line go?

I'll get some pictures up when things get going. If an when they build a Phase III it will be in NLR. Mayor Hayes has stated that the route will depend on development. A loop on down Broadway West of the new ballpark to Riverfront then East of Alltel Arena and back to Broadway. For LR I would like to see it extended West down Markham to the Train Station and branch out from there. One branch to Hillcrest and the other to Riverdale. They could do like some other cities and build parking decks along the line and offer free rides for those who use the decks.

I'll get some pictures up when things get going. If an when they build a Phase III it will be in NLR. Mayor Hayes has stated that the route will depend on development. A loop on down Broadway West of the new ballpark to Riverfront then East of Alltel Arena and back to Broadway. For LR I would like to see it extended West down Markham to the Train Station and branch out from there. One branch to Hillcrest and the other to Riverdale. They could do like some other cities and build parking decks along the line and offer free rides for those who use the decks.

That sounds like a good idea, in fact I wish other areas in Arkansas would do something similar to that also.