Little Rock Projects List

Here's a quick update on the Northbelt Freeway. Public meetings are beeing held in Sherwood and Jacksonville to discuss proposed routes for the portion of the Northbelt Freeway that will connect AR 440 and I-430. The state will make a final decision on the route for the $200 million project sometime in 2007.

Here's a quick update on the Northbelt Freeway. Public meetings are beeing held in Sherwood and Jacksonville to discuss proposed routes for the portion of the Northbelt Freeway that will connect AR 440 and I-430. The state will make a final decision on the route for the $200 million project sometime in 2007.

This should be a lesson to you NWA people, secure the routes and right of way for future highways well ahead of time or building them will be costly and controversial.

This should be a lesson to you NWA people, secure the routes and right of way for future highways well ahead of time or building them will be costly and controversial.

Very true. I really wish they would plan ahead for a lot of these proposed projects that they'd like to have in the near future. But somehow I have my doubts they will. One of the few examples of really thinking ahead is the light rail plan.

Very true. I really wish they would plan ahead for a lot of these proposed projects that they'd like to have in the near future. But somehow I have my doubts they will. One of the few examples of really thinking ahead is the light rail plan.

Don't forget the Eastern Parkway, the 412 Bypass, and the Western Loop.

Yeah, but you know I think that light rail in a sparsely populated suburban-exurban mix like NWA is the ultimate boondoggle.

Has anyone addressed who would pay for it? I can't see the different NWA cities working together, or even the two counties for that matter.

Yeah, but you know I think that light rail in a sparsely populated suburban-exurban mix like NWA is the ultimate boondoggle.

Has anyone addressed who would pay for it? I can't see the different NWA cities working together, or even the two counties for that matter.

There was actually a forum held in Sprindale yesterday to discuss the light rail. They imposed things like added gasoline taxes, sales tax, and even lobbying congress.

There was actually a forum held in Sprindale yesterday to discuss the light rail. They imposed things like added gasoline taxes, sales tax, and even lobbying congress.

"Imposed" is a nice choice of words. The per capita tax burden would be enormous, especially in towns short on roads, parks, and other infrastructure.

We already turned down a recent hike in Sales tax up here.

I don't see how we are going to be able to pay for this.

Conway's having the same problem. They've had a similar growth pattern and have neglected taxes to help pay for new roads and parks to keep up with the boom.

Of course, I'm a big believer in impact fees. When demand is hot make the developers pay for as much as you can because when demand drops they won't be willing to help.

I still think Ozark Transit needs to undergo a major expansion now to prepare for future mass transportation. I think that key piece of the puzzle is missing right now.

Conway's having the same problem. They've had a similar growth pattern and have neglected taxes to help pay for new roads and parks to keep up with the boom.

Of course, I'm a big believer in impact fees. When demand is hot make the developers pay for as much as you can because when demand drops they won't be willing to help.

I still think Ozark Transit needs to undergo a major expansion now to prepare for future mass transportation. I think that key piece of the puzzle is missing right now.

If they (Ozark Regional Transit) would merge with Razorback Transit, I think we would have a better shot at a coordinated large bus system.

Impact fees would be a good idea, but something else would be needed.

If they (Ozark Regional Transit) would merge with Razorback Transit, I think we would have a better shot at a coordinated large bus system.

Impact fees would be a good idea, but something else would be needed.

No doubt. I just mean impact fees for new roads and intersections, mostly, so that other monies can be spent elsewhere.

Yeah when this topic started going offtopic yesterday I tried to stop and get back to the subject. But sometimes some interesting discussions come up. I just hope we aren't frustrating the central Arkansas forumers. They already seem to be overwhelmed with northwest Arkansas topics. Now it's even popping up in 'their' topics too.

Yeah when this topic started going offtopic yesterday I tried to stop and get back to the subject. But sometimes some interesting discussions come up. I just hope we aren't frustrating the central Arkansas forumers. They already seem to be overwhelmed with northwest Arkansas topics. Now it's even popping up in 'their' topics too.

I do the same thing to you, you two guys just post more.

I do the same thing to you, you two guys just post more.

I don't think Matt or I are bothered if a northwest Arkansas topic goes off-topic even if it's concerning another area of the state. But I think forumers in other parts of the state may. Or else not everyone would have seemed so eager to get northwest Arkansas it's own subforum. :D

I don't think Matt or I are bothered if a northwest Arkansas topic goes off-topic even if it's concerning another area of the state. But I think forumers in other parts of the state may. Or else not everyone would have seemed so eager to get northwest Arkansas it's own subforum. :D

I didn't mind, I'm interested in everything going on in the state.

The Clinton Presidential Center celebrated its one-year anniversary on Friday. The library and museum opened Nov. 18, 2004. Since then, it has attracted close to 500,000 visitors from around the country and the world.

Yeah great numbers. I don't know any figures offhand but I think it blows the other Presidential Libraries out of the water.

I anticipate numbers to drop off to around 350,000 or so, since all the hype about it being open now is over. It should do very well for a presidential library though.

I do expect things to drop off but I bet it still does much better than just about any other Presidential Library. I somehow don't think George W Bush's is going to have great numbers.

I anticipate numbers to drop off to around 350,000 or so, since all the hype about it being open now is over. It should do very well for a presidential library though.

Perhaps, but generally they increase in numbers each year, the predecessors have.

I do expect things to drop off but I bet it still does much better than just about any other Presidential Library. I somehow don't think George W Bush's is going to have great numbers.

It depends on where they build it. Dallas is a favorite right now and I would expect it would be heavily trafficked if it ends up here. A lot depends on the design and effort put into it.