Little Rock Projects List

I guess I just don't see George W Bush being popular enough to get very impressive numbers. He still has a little way to go but so far he's not going out on a high note, that's for sure.

The more controversial the administration, the more visited the library. A lot of people think Clinton's indiscretions will make the library in Little Rock a more popular place to visit and that's held true so far.

I still want to start a bar on Clinton Ave called Lou Ensky's and offer $1 blowjob shots all the time.

Also, in Texas Dubya is a god. When you enter the state there are signs that say "Proud Home of President George W Bush". This is a very conservative place.

The more controversial the administration, the more visited the library. A lot of people think Clinton's indiscretions will make the library in Little Rock a more popular place to visit and that's held true so far.

I still want to start a bar on Clinton Ave called Lou Ensky's and offer $1 blowjob shots all the time.

Also, in Texas Dubya is a god. When you enter the state there are signs that say "Proud Home of President George W Bush". This is a very conservative place.

I'm with you. Clinton NEVER received more than half the vote, and his approval ratings were often at the 40% mark.

Wasn't there an attept at starting a cigar lounge on Clinton Ave??? I thought some of the local radio DJ's tried to get one off the ground, but somehow it fell through.

I'm with you. Clinton NEVER received more than half the vote, and his approval ratings were often at the 40% mark.

Wasn't there an attept at starting a cigar lounge on Clinton Ave??? I thought some of the local radio DJ's tried to get one off the ground, but somehow it fell through.

I guess I'm still not so sure. I think the war could make a big difference on his popularity although I admit I don't know his popularity in Texas. I used to have family that lived in Texas and they absolutely despised him as governor.

And thus the oversimplification process begins.

Clinton never received more than half the vote. True. But Bush and Kerry did not have a major third party candidate in the battle (like Ross Perot). Out of the two available candidates, Bush got the majority. The 50% mark means nothing. (Besides that, Gore had a higher popular vote in 2000.)

True, Clinton often had approval ratings around 40%.....in the beginning of his first term. Clinton AND Reagan had ~60-70% approval ratings at this point in their second terms.

In my opinion, it's amazing Bush even has 37% approval.

So the question is: Can someone give Bush a blowjob already so that we can impeach him? (Forget the war and 8 trillion dollar deficit http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?...&sn=003&sc=910)

As for the Bush library, I could see it get a high attendance or a low attendance. Bush supporters are the most stalwart of all political supporters. They will support him no matter the situation (he's just human after all, guffaw!) Plus he is a pretty controversial guy. Then again, maybe he has such a low approval rating that not so many people will be interested.

Edited by johnnydr87

I've heard some news on Jaguar and Land Rover finding their new homes in Little Rock.

The six-acre property is in west Little Rock is south of the Rave Motion Pictures project at 18 Col. Glenn Plaza Drive.

They've been holding onto the land at that time. There's also a significant amount of land in a block that is being held for a possible large mall development, probably by Simon instead of the derailed Summit Mall.

Funny thing is, there was a Sam's Club out there a decade or so ago that closed and move to Chenal/Bowman because they felt it was too far from the major developed areas. Patience is a virtue as anyone could see that was the way the city would development because it's the last undeveloped section along the interstate in LR city limits.

Another $3 million in federal funding has been secured for the Junction Railroad Bridge in downtown LR, making a total of $5.5 million in already secured funding. To accomplish what they want, Pulaski Co wants $2 million in private donations and is willing to give naming rights. In addition to the pedestrian and cycling components of the bridge, there is supposed to actually be some sort of "entertainment" associated with it to take advantage of the river view. I'm unsure if this will be at one end of the bridge of as part of the bridge, which seems a tad expensive. I also don't know if that means a single restaurant of more of a complex.

Another $3 million in federal funding has been secured for the Junction Railroad Bridge in downtown LR, making a total of $5.5 million in already secured funding. To accomplish what they want, Pulaski Co wants $2 million in private donations and is willing to give naming rights. In addition to the pedestrian and cycling components of the bridge, there is supposed to actually be some sort of "entertainment" associated with it to take advantage of the river view. I'm unsure if this will be at one end of the bridge of as part of the bridge, which seems a tad expensive. I also don't know if that means a single restaurant of more of a complex.

Which bridge is that? Was that one I had a pic of near the steamboat and trolley?

Yeah, that's the one. It's a greyish color. The darker one close to the Clinton Library is the Rock Island Bridge.

Either one would be great to have converted over to a pedestrian bridge. I didn't actually go all the way over to the other one. The Rock Island Bridge may be more convenient because it seems closer to the River Market area and it's certainly more closer to the Clinton Library and Heifer.

Great pics, Mith!!! I've been waiting for some good shots of Heifer's new building. Thanks for that! :thumbsup:

No problem, all the rest of my Little Rock pics are in the topic Pictures of Little Rock. Feel free to add any comments on some of what I took pictures of. I'm not too familiar with the area so some of it is new to me.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The Continental Building at Markham and Main is going to be torn down. A landscaped parking lot will be put in it's place. The building is owned by Stephens which also owns the Capital Hotel next door. The hotel is closed for interior rehab but the exterior has it's Christmas decor on for the holidays. Stephens also bought some more property across Main from the Continental Building.

One block South of the Lafayette Square project on Main a store front has opened up for the purpose of another condo conversion.

Across the river Rhy Furniture is holding their going out of business sale. Their building was purchased last fall and at that time it was announced that Rhy would continue until late spring of 2006. This property is only two blocks from the new ballpark.

2006 should be a very good year for development on both sides of the river.

That piece of land is suited for something better than the Continental Building, so hopefully there are future plans for some kind of development there besides a parking lot. I'm hoping that Stephens is just putting in a parking lot so the land isn't idle until the time for a new project. In the meantime that area certainly needs more parking.

That piece of land is suited for something better than the Continental Building, so hopefully there are future plans for some kind of development there besides a parking lot. I'm hoping that Stephens is just putting in a parking lot so the land isn't idle until the time for a new project. In the meantime that area certainly needs more parking.

The Capital Hotel needs more parking desperately. I have to wonder if it really is just for parking.

Did Iriana's ever find a home?