Little Rock Projects List

Regarding the new MosesTucker development: anyone have any idea what kind of building they are planning? I can't imagine them undertaking another high-rise right now, but they do have a flair for the dramatic. Any thoughts?

An article in today's Arlansas Democrat Gazette sort of runs counter to the Arkansas Business story. It says "that nothing would be announced before the third quarter.." Last September it was reported that Moses Tucker had purchased the building. The lastest news I think relates to a transfer of the property to a Moses Tucker affiliate.

Regarding the new MosesTucker development: anyone have any idea what kind of building they are planning? I can't imagine them undertaking another high-rise right now, but they do have a flair for the dramatic. Any thoughts?

That property is pretty valuable. Perhaps a mid-rise like the Arkansas Capital Commerce Center?

That property is pretty valuable. Perhaps a mid-rise like the Arkansas Capital Commerce Center?

Last September the price for the property was in the $5 million range. There has been no talk of taking down the Arkla building and it is in the center of the block. News reports indicate that this building will remain. If a new building is built on the side/sides of the Arkla building it will have to have a smaller footprint than the Arkansas Capital Commerce Center. If the new project is to include both hotel and condo space then it will have to go up. It will be interesting to see what comes about.

Last September the price for the property was in the $5 million range. There has been no talk of taking down the Arkla building and it is in the center of the block. News reports indicate that this building will remain. If a new building is built on the side/sides of the Arkla building it will have to have a smaller footprint than the Arkansas Capital Commerce Center. If the new project is to include both hotel and condo space then it will have to go up. It will be interesting to see what comes about.

They're running out of land to develop over there and pretty soon the River Market District will be fully built out. I would really like to see this push residential renewal into the MacArthur Park neighborhood. Don't get me wrong, it's aesthetically attractive now and a lot has been done there - Kramer Elementary conversion to lofts, the renovation of the Arkansas Arts Center and Arsenal Building/Museum, Curran Hall, and a few residential renovations. I would like to see a LR-based company buy Fowler Square Apts. That complex is large and those old buildings are attractive but the tenants are more of the shoddy old downtown than the newer, hipper one. That complex is ripe for conversion to reasonably priced condos. Fixing that will probably be enough to pump up the whole neighborhood.

They're running out of land to develop over there and pretty soon the River Market District will be fully built out. I would really like to see this push residential renewal into the MacArthur Park neighborhood. Don't get me wrong, it's aesthetically attractive now and a lot has been done there - Kramer Elementary conversion to lofts, the renovation of the Arkansas Arts Center and Arsenal Building/Museum, Curran Hall, and a few residential renovations. I would like to see a LR-based company buy Fowler Square Apts. That complex is large and those old buildings are attractive but the tenants are more of the shoddy old downtown than the newer, hipper one. That complex is ripe for conversion to reasonably priced condos. Fixing that will probably be enough to pump up the whole neighborhood.

There is some development in the area. The block of Cumberland, Rock, 6th and 7th is seeing the construction of three single family homes. Two are under construction at this time. They are priced at $450,000 +. I think future development will take place east of I-30 south of 3rd.

There is some development in the area. The block of Cumberland, Rock, 6th and 7th is seeing the construction of three single family homes. Two are under construction at this time. They are priced at $450,000 +. I think future development will take place east of I-30 south of 3rd.

I hope the new homes fit the area. I agree, there's a massive area of run-down industrial buildings out there on the way to the airport. Bond St needs to just be dozed.

I hope the new homes fit the area. I agree, there's a massive area of run-down industrial buildings out there on the way to the airport. Bond St needs to just be dozed.

This is a photo of the less expensive of the houses. It will be around 2500 sq.ft. The other house is being built behind it.

downtownhouse6pa.jpg

It looks like work has started on The Residences at Building 5 condo project. On the river side of the building a large net has been attached to it. I think it's purpose is to catch anything from falling on the roadway below during construction. This building is next to the DoubleTree Hotel on the Old Statehouse side.

Steel is going up on the building.

dscf24194xw.jpg

dscf24147ee.jpg

Edited by skirby

Two condo projects set to be completed by the fall of this year. The Rainwater on E. Capital.

Priced from $198,500 to $658,000.

rainwater0hn.jpg

610 Main St. which is located across Main from The Rep. This will be a mixed use with commercial space on ground level and condos above. There will be an atrium in the center of the 2nd & 3rd floors. Priced from $150,000 up.

610main8jm.jpg

Two condo projects set to be completed by the fall of this year. The Rainwater on E. Capital.

(I deleted the pictures so the thread wouldn't be so huge)

Those look great.

On a side note, I really hope MosesTucker gets those affordable condos up soon. I have a couple neices and nephews that want to live downtown when they graduate college, and that would be perfect for them.

Ok...while i was flipping through my T.V. i stopped on channel 7 news...and i caught the very end of them talking about this new development proposed or something of this pyramid looking structure...like i said i caught the very end of the story so i didnt see much of it...did anyone else see it?..ive been looking everywhere for it on the web and cant find it...its bugging me because it looked really cool..

Ok...while i was flipping through my T.V. i stopped on channel 7 news...and i caught the very end of them talking about this new development proposed or something of this pyramid looking structure...like i said i caught the very end of the story so i didnt see much of it...did anyone else see it?..ive been looking everywhere for it on the web and cant find it...its bugging me because it looked really cool..

They were talking about Bass Pro moving into the Pyramid in Memphis. Here's a Memphis article about it:

http://www.bizjournals.com/memphis/stories...html?from_rss=1

I think katv also said that it would be the biggest Bass Pro, even bigger than the original in Springfield.

• 2 weeks later...