Little Rock Projects List

Sounds like an AC replacement to me.

There will be a walk bridge constructed to take visitors to the new nature center being built behind the Children's Musuem. Pedestrians will be able to access the nature center via the bridge that will take them from street level at Clinton Ave to the the nature center. I noticed work being done for this bridge last weekend. Is the crain for this bridge?

Per this week's Arkansas Times J. Stewart Development has secured the right to buy the original Arkansas Gazette building in downtown Little Rock. He has until 11/15 to close on the deal.

"If the deal goes through, the old newspaper offices at Third and Louisiana will be transformed into luxurious accommodations, according to Justin Stewart, the California native who is conceiving the project. He plans

New project is being talked about for downtown LR. It will cover a complete block with a mixed use development as well as a 1.2-acre landscaped plaza above below ground parking. Price for the project is $50 to $75 million. It will be located on the trolley line along 2nd street. For more information go to Arkansas Business

any updates on this project?

• 2 weeks later...

They are taking out 300 or so of the seats and working on the floor. When finished it will hold about 900.

The Villagelive.com

Thumbs up. It will be great if the building can be kept. It seems like there could a lot of potential for this business model if there are deep enough pockets and security is sound.

I've been in a club in Guadalajara that I have never forgotten. The internal walls where mostly liquid-filled with air bubbles and backlit with flourescent neon lighting. I don't know if it still there, but the name of the club was Le Dome. So named because of the retractable ceiling.

The sensory experience of the sound, light, and motion of the water was awesome, but to look up and see the stars and the moon.. Oh Man!

They are taking out 300 or so of the seats and working on the floor. When finished it will hold about 900.

The Villagelive.com

Cool, thanks for posting the link.

I grew up going to that theater. I saw the first 5 Star Wars movies released there, the first one came out when I was only 3. They closed it before Episode III came out and I never got to see it there. Kind of tragic, that was still the best place I've ever been to see a special effects-laden movie.

I have good memories of the place, I hope that it lasts as a concert venue.

I was driving down Chenal the other day and noticed that they are clearing a road directly across from Rahling. I know this was supposed to be one end of the road that surrounds the Promenade at Chenal. I didn't see any clearing of the acrage though. Does anyone know if this finnally getting started?

Is that the Fellowship Bible Church?

They have a massive church in Rogers of almost 20,000 members, so be prepared for a major congregation if it's the same church.

That Lowell church actually sprung off as a ministry off of the Little Rock church and is actually the 3rd largest church in Arkansas behind Springdale 1st Baptist and the NWA Fellowship. It's been around for 15-20 years, at least.

The current campus is at Hinson Road and Napa Valley near Pleasant Valley and is spread in several buildings on both sides of Napa Valley. Pulaski Academy, like Fellowship, had grown out of room to expand and was planning on building a new campus further West as well. However, when they found out Fellowship needed the room so badly they were buying land for a future campus PA offered to buy the current location. I think it cost them something like $18 million to buy it but it allows for plenty of future growth for PA at its current site and provides Fellowship with more revenue to build their new campus. That's one wealthy church, it's membership is almost entirely from West Little Rock - Pleasant Valley, Chenal, etc.

Here are a couple of pictures taken of a redevelopment project at 3rd and Spring. THe first was taken last spring and the second was taken a few months ago. I did not know what the projects was until tonight. It will be the new Pulaski County Criminal Justice building. The building will be the future home of the Sixth Judical District Prosecuting Attorney.

dscf2628zm1.jpg

dscf2948dk7.jpg