Little Rock Projects List

I guess most of you caught this in the Ark Times Insider section but Gary Green is purchasing some property on Overlook with a river view and view of Murray Lock and Dam and will be building a $25 million luxury condo project up there.

BTW, I saw his commercials in San Antonio. I didn't realize he was involved in litigating in other states but apparently he is.

As someone had previously alluded to, the Holiday Inn Select in West LR will be extensively renovated top to bottom and will be fully refurbished in mid-2007 when it will become a Crowne Plaza. It will remain open and renovations will occur floor by floor.

Hadn't seen that. This is good news. Getting another hotel flag that is not in the market with the upgrade from a Holiday Inn Select. I've heard that this has been one of the best Holiday Inn Select's in the past.

An entry on the Arkansas Times blog reports a major development announcement on Friday:

"The place: Third and Rock (currently a parking lot). The announcers: Moses Tucker Real Estate, joined by the mayor and reps of East-Harding Construction and AMR Architects."

This is the high-rise everyone has been talking about the last few weeks. I wonder how many stories this building will be.

An entry on the Arkansas Times blog reports a major development announcement on Friday:

"The place: Third and Rock (currently a parking lot). The announcers: Moses Tucker Real Estate, joined by the mayor and reps of East-Harding Construction and AMR Architects."

This is the high-rise everyone has been talking about the last few weeks. I wonder how many stories this building will be.

Awsome. Finally something new will be announced. It's been cooling down lately.

Good, I can't wait to hear about this one.

I started a thread on this before I realized you posted it first. I'll leave it there because we'll want a thread on it when the announcement is made.

On the hotel front.

In Arkansas Business, it was stated that the Capital Hotel is to reopen this spring after a $24 million makeover.

Also, Arkansas Business has said that the Holiday Inn Airport is going to be closed for 18 months, beginning Nov. 17, to under go a $10 million renovation including a Boston's the Gourmet Pizza Restaurant & Sports Bar.

On the hotel front.

In Arkansas Business, it was stated that the Capital Hotel is to reopen this spring after a $24 million makeover.

Also, Arkansas Business has said that the Holiday Inn Airport is going to be closed for 18 months, beginning Nov. 17, to under go a $10 million renovation including a Boston's the Gourmet Pizza Restaurant & Sports Bar.

With all the expansion at the airport, I'm really surprised we have not had an announcement of a new hotel development over there. When you consider all those additional flights, expansion of existing manufacturing facilities, etc, it seems that would be a prime area.

With all the expansion at the airport, I'm really surprised we have not had an announcement of a new hotel development over there. When you consider all those additional flights, expansion of existing manufacturing facilities, etc, it seems that would be a prime area.

Part of the reason is probably that the airport it so close to downtown. If you wanted to spend the money to build a new hotel from scratch, would you put it downtown or at the airport (considering they are only a couple of miles apart)?

The LRSD is considering puchasing land for a new middle school and elementary at Rahling Road off of Chenal in West LR. The elementaries in West LR are overcrowded, especially Fulbright in Pleasant Valley. The city is attempting to create more neighborhood schools and relaxing racial quotas.

I wonder in the long term what will happen with Pulaski Robinson? That area is becoming increasingly urban as part of West LR and you have to wonder when annexation will take all of Chenal and Hwy 10 to Chenal into the city.

• 4 weeks later...

Work continues on the Arkansas Studies Institute. The Arkansas Dem-Gaz showed a building permit of $13.5 million for this project.

dscf3403hi5.jpg

dscf3404ea9.jpg

An update on this project. I rode the trolley past it yesterday and saw part of the building you cannot see from street level. The building has a floor below grade that looks like the ones above it.