Little Rock Projects List

Two condo projects set to be completed by the fall of this year. The Rainwater on E. Capital.

Priced from $198,500 to $658,000.

rainwaterzw9.jpg

610 Main St. which is located across Main from The Rep. This will be a mixed use with commercial space on ground level and condos above. There will be an atrium in the center of the 2nd & 3rd floors. Priced from $150,000 up.

610main8jm.jpg

Update:

Both of these buildings are now on the market. They are both listed around $500,000. It looks like condo buyers in Little Rock do not want to buy into smaller building conversions.

• 3 weeks later...

Update:

Both of these buildings are now on the market. They are both listed around $500,000. It looks like condo buyers in Little Rock do not want to buy into smaller building conversions.

That first building's a good buy for that price. It would make a solid apartment offering. I wonder how many units are in it.

Update:

The owner of these properties is ill and will not be able to develop them, this is why they are for sale. I have no idea if there are any issues with presales.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

If I were a betting man I'd say Ruth's Chris, Sullivan's or Fleming's Prime.

Ruth Chris is coming to Little Rock, but not for at least another 1-2 years. The guy who owns the franchise is going to be opening one up in Tulsa first before breaking ground in LR. Could also be another location for Outback or Texas Roadhouse

Edited by jtar83

Ruth Chris is coming to Little Rock, but not for at least another 1-2 years. The guy who owns the franchise is going to be opening one up in Tulsa first before breaking ground in LR. Could also be another location for Outback or Texas Roadhouse

I have a feeling we will end up seeing Ruth's Chris in Park Avenue, scheduled for opening in Fall of 2009.

I have a feeling we will end up seeing Ruth's Chris in Park Avenue, scheduled for opening in Fall of 2009.

That would be a great location, with its main competitors located in the River Market and Chenal it would give it a nice Central location between the two.

Midtown has a lack of chain restaurants and it would be nice to see some top notch chains in Park Ave. Of course that area has the city's top restaurants overall - So, Ferneau, Acadia, Ciaobaci, Vieux Carre, Cafe Prego, etc.

Of course, what I really want is a Cheesecake Factory. We can dare to dream, can't we?

• 1 month later...

A proposed seven-story Homewood Suites is coming before the LR Planning Commission at its May 8th agenda meeting. The hotel would be located at the southeast corner of Kanis and Centerview Drive. An adjacent parcel would be zoned commercial with the idea of locating a restaurant there. It appears that this development would be just to the northwest of the FBI headquarters, located on Shackleford West Blvd.

A proposed seven-story Homewood Suites is coming before the LR Planning Commission at its May 8th agenda meeting. The hotel would be located at the southeast corner of Kanis and Centerview Drive. An adjacent parcel would be zoned commercial with the idea of locating a restaurant there. It appears that this development would be just to the northwest of the FBI headquarters, located on Shackleford West Blvd.

That SE corner seems pretty isolated on Google Maps. The restaurant would be a great help for a hotel. I always enjoy a nice restaurant within walking distance of where I'm staying.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Baptist Health purchased Southwest Hospital from HMA today. They will move ancillary services and long-term care facilities to Southwest (which will not function as a hospital) as well as some office functions. This will enable Baptist to use more of the main campus for actual acute patient care. It should be able to add rooms and switch to all private rooms, which is becoming the norm in hospitals these days.

A couple of sources have reported that next Wednesday (Sept 3rd), the sign on the Rodney Parham Wild Oats store will be changed to Whole Foods. There will also be some "grand opening" events throughout the day. Apparently, the store has been selling some Whole Foods branded items for the last few weeks.

I was there yesterday. The sign was being finished while I was there.