Little Rock Projects List

I found this drawing of the Murrray Pedestrian/Bike Bridge being built atop Murray Lock and Dam. It is located just west of Riverdale. It will be the western cross over for the River Trail. When completed it will be the longest pedestrian/bike bridge in the U.S. The eastern cross over will be across the river by the Clinton Library. When finished in will form a 14 mile loop.

bridgedrawing5ex.jpg

For more about the project and LR go to Arkansas River Trail

Edited by skirby

That bridge is going to be awesome. I also can't wait til they get the trail completed out to Pinnacle Mountain. It will be nice to be able to bike from far west little rock all the way to the river market. As far as the Heifer International campus, it's supposed to have its grand opening in March...but I'm not sure if they are sticking by that date or not.

The Promenade at Chenal is being developed in West Little Rock on Chenal Pkwy. across from Nuvell and the Post Office just before Rahling Road. Everybody already knows about this project, but I could not find where it is posted to add some new information. Deltic Timber Corporation announced today the extension of its sales contract with an affiliate of RED Development, regarding the sale of a 48-acre, commercial land site located in Deltic's Chenal Valley real estate development in Little Rock. The sale of the site had been anticipated to close during the fourth quarter of 2005; however, the sales contract has been extended and is now scheduled to close in 2006. RED Development, intends to construct "The Promenade at Chenal," an upscale, open-air, lifestyle shopping center. They also announced today the sale of a 4.72-acre commercial tract located in Chenal Valley to Bank of the Ozarks. It will be located at the northwest corner of Chenal Parkway and, soon to be extended, Rahling Road. This site is adjacent to the RED Development site. They have a lot of commercial land in Chenal Valley to be developed in the future. So far, Dillard's is the only announced Tenant for The Promenade at Chenal. They are moving slow with this project. Hopefully, once the sale is closed, they will get on with it.

Take a look at this website for a slide show and site plan.

http://www.reddevelopment.com

There's been a lot of waiting to see what the competitors will do in LR for the last few years. With Pleasant Ridge already under construction I think some of the developers must realize it's now or never. I also think Dillard's will want their store in Chenal up before Parisian gets too established in west LR.

I like the site plan, it's essentially a moderate-sized uncovered mall. That site plan leaves it easily expandible.

There's been a lot of waiting to see what the competitors will do in LR for the last few years. With Pleasant Ridge already under construction I think some of the developers must realize it's now or never. I also think Dillard's will want their store in Chenal up before Parisian gets too established in west LR.

I like the site plan, it's essentially a moderate-sized uncovered mall. That site plan leaves it easily expandible.

That's what I'm thinking. They are running out of time, though, since Parisian is Opening in October.

That's what I'm thinking. They are running out of time, though, since Parisian is Opening in October.

Red's website says that they are opening in Spring 2007 and there still should be plenty of time to pull that off.

I also noticed as seems common that they are claiming to use a "main street theme" but the style will be French Gothic.

LRpic_big.jpg

I found this drawing of the Murrray Pedestrian/Bike Bridge being built atop Murray Lock and Dam. It is located just west of Riverdale. It will be the western cross over for the River Trail. When completed it will be the longest pedestrian/bike bridge in the U.S. The eastern cross over will be across the river by the Clinton Library. When finished in will form a 14 mile loop.

bridgedrawing5ex.jpg

For more about the project and LR go to Arkansas River Trail

Wow, that's going to be a nice bridge!!

I wonder how much it's going to cost.

$11 million.

Has anyone complained about the price? They put in a bridge over by Lake Fayetteville for around $1Mil and a lot of people didn't seem particularly happy about it. Although I think a lot of that had more to do with the fact it wasn't a very big bridge.

Red's website says that they are opening in Spring 2007 and there still should be plenty of time to pull that off.

I also noticed as seems common that they are claiming to use a "main street theme" but the style will be French Gothic.

LRpic_big.jpg

Interesting style, it reminds me a bit of Old Main. Although I don't think Old Main is technically French Gothic. But I wish we had some other buildings done with that style here in Fayetteville since Old Main is such a landmark building.

Hollister is opening its first store in Arkansas sometime early this year in Park Plaza Mall. Joplin, MO for some reason as one, as does Springfield. OKC has 2, Tulsa has 1. There really aren't many around in this part of the country. Memphis doesn't even have one. It's owned by Abercrombie.

That is suprising.

I would have though Little Rock or Fayetteville would have one, but they don't. Weird that Joplin has one and not even NWA has one.

Despite Joplin not being as big as a number of the NWA cities they've manage to get things before us a number of times.

Lafayette Square has put out a newsletter. Work has begun on the condo conversion: Lafayette Square

Excellent. I'm very excited about this project as this will rehab a couple of prettiest old buildings in downtown that are still needing rebuilding. I hope this will help facilitate more development up and down Main.

River Rail update. I emailed their offices this week about when construction was to begin on Phase II and never got an answer. But a gas leak in the River Market area of LR on Firday provided it. The leak was caused by workers digging up the street for Phase II. Work has begun and should be finished by Nov. 28. The extension will start just south of the River Market parking deck and will go by the Arkansas Capital Commerce Center, the Tuf Nut Lofts, the Acxiom building and end near the Clinton Library and the Heifer International project. Within on block on Third Street, where the trolley will turn to the east, is the Rock Street Lofts building and 300 Third Tower. It would be nice to see the city raise the funding for a really nice trolley stop for the Clinton/Heifer stop. Skip Rutherford(Clinton Library) has stated that the Heifer project when completed will draw more visitors than the library. At this time the River Rail has only two stop shelters and they are low-rent compared to those in Memphis.

River Rail update. I emailed their offices this week about when construction was to begin on Phase II and never got an answer. But a gas leak in the River Market area of LR on Firday provided it. The leak was caused by workers digging up the street for Phase II. Work has begun and should be finished by Nov. 28. The extension will start just south of the River Market parking deck and will go by the Arkansas Capital Commerce Center, the Tuf Nut Lofts, the Acxiom building and end near the Clinton Library and the Heifer International project. Within on block on Third Street, where the trolley will turn to the east, is the Rock Street Lofts building and 300 Third Tower. It would be nice to see the city raise the funding for a really nice trolley stop for the Clinton/Heifer stop. Skip Rutherford(Clinton Library) has stated that the Heifer project when completed will draw more visitors than the library. At this time the River Rail has only two stop shelters and they are low-rent compared to those in Memphis.

Thanks for the update Skirby. I agree with you it would be nice if the city could provide a nice trolley stop near the Clinton Library. A lot of people out of state visit that area a lot and it would be nice to try to show off a little to them. :D