Best places to eat in Arkansas

Mith242

We do have allot of great places to eat in Northwest Arkansas.  As for "new" places, try Joe's Bistro in the Fiesta Square.  Joe Utsch, the former head chef at Pesto Cafe moved to the old Belvedeer's location in August, and it is the best kept secret in Fayetteville.  The food is great, service is great, and lots of parking.  I had the Spinach Artichoke Dip for an appetizer, and the Pancetta Wrapped Pork Tenderloin main course.  Try it once, and it will be on your list of favorites.

As for Mexican food, I agree with La Huerta.  I try others and always end up back on College and Township.  They have the best chips and salsa (more of a sauce) I have found in Arkansas.  When you find a good thing, stay with it.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Wow I apparently haven't been to Fiesta Square in a while. I didn't even realize Belevedeer's moved. Any idea where they went? Would you call Joe's Bistro an Italian place or what? Oh by the way welcome to the forum Steve. I remember the good old days ( a few months ago) when I was the only person from northwest Arkansas on here. Now we seem to have taken over the topics.

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

By the way Steve, I also agree with you on La Huerta. I've tried a lot of other places but haven't found any else that seem to be quite as good as La Huerta. Although I've been meaning to try out Oseguerra's Mexican Steakhouse at the old Fazoli's across the street from the Flying Burrito.

Wow I apparently haven't been to Fiesta Square in a while.  I didn't even realize Belevedeer's moved.  Any idea where they went?  Would you call Joe's Bistro an Italian place or what?  Oh by the way welcome to the forum Steve.  I remember the good old days ( a few months ago) when I was the only person from northwest Arkansas on here.  Now we seem to have taken over the topics.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Joe calls his cooking French/Italian. He was trained by Ghazi back when he was at Pesto Cafe. When Ghazi left, about 6 years ago, Joe became head chef. Whatever you call it, you start craving it after a few days. I'll be there tomorrow night (Friday) They just got a website up, but its still under construction. its at eatatjoesbistro.com Thanks for the welcome, I'll try to get back now and then to check out the post.

Arkansas Business is reporting that the owners of the Whole Hog Cafe in Little Rock will be opening another location in Bentonville. But apparently they aren't stopping there. They also plan to open three restaurants in Memphis and also a restaurant in Nashville and Santa Fe. Any of our central Arkansas forumers familiar with this restaurant?

A few new Restaurants that are opening within the next year in Rogers are Fuddruckers, Marketplace Express, Red Robin Gourmet Burgers, and Carrabas Italian Grill.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'm familiar with all of those except Carrabas Italian Grill. Nice to see a local place like Marketplace doing well. Thanks for the Rogers info, I've had a hard time keeping up with everything that's been going on up there.

Carraba's Italian Grill is actually an upscale italian Restaurant chain owned by Outback. They have locations in Tulsa, Memphis, Kansas City, Wichita as well as all across the East, Midwest, Northeast, West, and Southeast.

Also, some restaurants that have opened recently or are about to open in the future in Bentonville are, Buffalo Wild Wings, Whole Hog Cafe, Lemongrass Thai, Ice House, San Francisco Bread Company, House of Brews, Express Coffee House, Gusano's Chicago-Style Pizzeria.

Carraba's Italian Grill is actually an upscale italian Restaurant chain owned by Outback. They have locations in Tulsa, Memphis, Kansas City, Wichita as well as all across the East, Midwest, Northeast, West, and Southeast.

Also, some restaurants that have opened recently or are about to open in the future in Bentonville are, Buffalo Wild Wings, Whole Hog Cafe, Lemongrass Thai, Ice House, San Francisco Bread Company, House of Brews, Express Coffee House, Gusano's Chicago-Style Pizzeria.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Where and What is House of Brews? Is it coffee or a bar? It sounds interesting.

Arkansas Business is reporting that the owners of the Whole Hog Cafe in Little Rock will be opening another location in Bentonville.  But apparently they aren't stopping there.  They also plan to open three restaurants in Memphis and also a restaurant in Nashville and Santa Fe.  Any of our central Arkansas forumers familiar with this restaurant?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Mith, see my post back on the first page. Again, here's the link to the restaurant.

House of Brews is a coffee shop off Arkansas 72 near 11th street I think.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

So should we have a discusion on favorite coffeeshop? The only one in Benton County that I'm familiar with is Kennedy's. Arsaga's is the big one here in Fayetteville, they have 4 or 5 locations including the Washington Regional Medical Center and the Fayetteville Public Library.

So should we have a discusion on favorite coffeeshop?  The only one in Benton County that I'm familiar with is Kennedy's.  Arsaga's is the big one here in Fayetteville, they have 4 or 5 locations including the Washington Regional Medical Center and the Fayetteville Public Library.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

My favorite in Benton County is Iron Horse Coffee House inside downtown rogers. Unfortunately they only have one location and downtown rogers is a little out of the way.

My favorite in Benton County is Iron Horse Coffee House  inside downtown rogers. Unfortunately they only have one location and downtown rogers is a little out of the way.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I've heard people say good things about it. I've never been myself. Downtown Rogers is certainly out of my way just to get coffee. Have you tried Kennedy's before? I know Kennedy's roast their own coffee. I think I might have heard that Iron Horse might also. Arsaga's has finally started roasting their own instead of relying on others. Although they're slowly replacing their own roasts with the ones they've been using before.

I've heard people say good things about it.  I've never been myself.  Downtown Rogers is certainly out of my way just to get coffee.  Have you tried Kennedy's before?  I know Kennedy's roast their own coffee.  I think I might have heard that Iron Horse might also.  Arsaga's has finally started roasting their own instead of relying on others.  Although they're slowly replacing their own roasts with the ones they've been using before.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I actually haven't tried Kennedy's but I do intend to soon. Another good one in Rogers is the Old San francisco Coffee Roaster or House.

I actually haven't tried Kennedy's but I do intend to soon. Another good one in Rogers is the Old San francisco Coffee Roaster or House.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Haven't heard of that one. Another one I hear about hear in Fayetteville is Jammin Java. There's a newer one around Colt Square I can't remember the name of. I think I heard they also serve a lot of organic food and snacks there. I'm not the biggest coffee drinker until it's winter time. That and I like to also make brew my own coffee also.

Haven't heard of that one.  Another one I hear about hear in Fayetteville is Jammin Java.  There's a newer one around Colt Square I can't remember the name of.  I think I heard they also serve a lot of organic food and snacks there.  I'm not the biggest coffee drinker until it's winter time.  That and I like to also make brew my own coffee also.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah, not a lot of people know about Old San Francisco Coffee Roaster. It is somewhat secluded in the Village on the Creeks Shopping Center, like most of the buisnesses and restaurants in the Village on the Creeks. Some businesses like the Plaza have moved from the Village on the Creeks to area's where consumers can actually see the business. Yet, the Old San Francisco Coffee Roaster still gets quite a bit of business being next to booming pinnacle hills, vendor offices, and being in an upscale residential area.

Yeah, not a lot of people know about Old San Francisco Coffee Roaster. It is somewhat secluded in the Village on the Creeks Shopping Center, like most of the buisnesses and restaurants in the Village on the Creeks. Some businesses like the Plaza have moved from the Village on the Creeks to area's where consumers can actually see the business. Yet, the Old San Francisco Coffee Roaster still gets quite a bit of business being next to booming pinnacle hills, vendor offices, and being in an upscale residential area.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Maybe when things cool down some more and I can get myself in a more of a coffee mood and I'll get myself to try some of the Benton County coffeeshops.

• 2 weeks later...

Any body hear that Taco Bueno plans to build it's first location in the state in Fayetteville off Joyce Boulevard?

Yeah I think I might have mentioned that in the Fayetteville topic. I haven't eaten there in years. But I've gotten the impression that they aren't as good as they used to be and that they are a lot more like Taco Bell now.

Yeah I think I might have mentioned that in the Fayetteville topic. I haven't eaten there in years. But I've gotten the impression that they aren't as good as they used to be and that they are a lot more like Taco Bell now.

True, Qdoba and Flying Burrito Co., would definately outrank a Taco Bueno.

Sorry to get off topic here but since we were talking about Mexican food. A little later this week I'll be on vacation in Albuquerque, New Mexico. Technically it's not really Mexican food because they have had they're own tradition with food. There is some really great food out there if you like Mexican. Although it's a little different, more influence from the Native Americans there and also some influence from the Mexican state of Chihuahua. I don't think you see many Chihuahuan/Mexican food outside of that area. Although I do think some of the Mexican restaurants here in northwest Arkansas have a northern Mexico flavor to them. But there's also Tex-Mex and you can find some places that have a southern Mexican flavor. Anyway sorry to get off topic there, guess I'm just excited about my trip. :D

Archived