Best places to eat in Arkansas

Mith242

Catfish John's in Rogers is pretty good. I think I actually heard they serve more Catfish than any other restaurant in Northwest Arkansas during weeks in Lent do to all the Catholics.

Guess that wouldn't surprise me too much. But I also don't think there are a huge amount of catfish places here in northwest Arkansas. I think catfish is more popular in the rest of the state. I could be wrong about this though.

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Guess that wouldn't surprise me too much. But I also don't think there are a huge amount of catfish places here in northwest Arkansas. I think catfish is more popular in the rest of the state. I could be wrong about this though.

Catfish farms are big business in the Delta. In fact, Arkansas ranks third in the country in catfish production. The import of some sort of cheap Vietnamese fish that competed with catfish was a very big issue recently; I believe the government took action. Does anyone remember exactly what happened? It was a pretty big threat to the farmers here.

It'd be hard to think of any town in Arkansas that doesn't serve catfish. Littlerock.com has a pretty cool feature under the "DINING" section that allows you to select a type of food or area of the city, and it will list the matching results. There's a little write-up on catfish on the page too. Try it out.

Grandpa's Catfish is a popular spot in North Little Rock. There's also a place in Little Rock called Catfish City that has had a location on South University (near UALR) for a while, but recently opened a new location on Highway 10 out west. I haven't been there, but it's a neat-looking building.

Catfish farms are big business in the Delta. In fact, Arkansas ranks third in the country in catfish production. The import of some sort of cheap Vietnamese fish that competed with catfish was a very big issue recently; I believe the government took action. Does anyone remember exactly what happened? It was a pretty big threat to the farmers here.

Yeah they had to call the Vietnamese fish something other than catfish. But it still is causing problems apparently because it appears to beat out American catfish in taste tests.

I thought there was one in Springdale but wasn't sure.

Hey Mith, don't they have a New Orleanes Themed Restaurant in Fayetteville? I thought I heard someone say something about it but wasn't sure.

Yeah I can't think of any names but there are. I believe there is one on College Ave and even one on Poplar. But I don't think they are very big restaurants.

I just got done eating at Kobe Sushi and Grill in Bentonville.

If I were to recommend one restaurant in Bentonville to try I would recommend Kobe or Brio Brazil.

That good eh? Is it basically a Japanese style restaurant?

Yeah they had to call the Vietnamese fish something other than catfish. But it still is causing problems apparently because it appears to beat out American catfish in taste tests.

Yeah I can't think of any names but there are. I believe there is one on College Ave and even one on Poplar. But I don't think they are very big restaurants.

That good eh? Is it basically a Japanese style restaurant?

Pretty Much. It's about the best I've eaten around here. I know there are some in Fayetteville, but I haven't made time to go down there.

Any news on your guy's Mongolian Restaurant in Fayetteville, Mith?

Can't say I know much offhand. I'm not huge on Asian food. It's alright but I like Mexican and Italian better. But I can ask around with friends and coworkers and see if I can find out something for you. Since I know you've asked or mentioned about Asian food before I'll try to get some info on some of the better Asian restaurants in Fayetteville for you. :D

Can't say I know much offhand. I'm not huge on Asian food. It's alright but I like Mexican and Italian better. But I can ask around with friends and coworkers and see if I can find out something for you. Since I know you've asked or mentioned about Asian food before I'll try to get some info on some of the better Asian restaurants in Fayetteville for you. :D

Thanks!!

I enjoy all kinds of Asian foods, and when I found out last week that Fayetteville was getting a Mongolian Restaurant, I was estatic and had to bring it up on the forum.

Thanks!!

I enjoy all kinds of Asian foods, and when I found out last week that Fayetteville was getting a Mongolian Restaurant, I was estatic and had to bring it up on the forum.

I've got a friend who's been on a sushi kick recently. I'll have to find out if he has a favorite. Do you prefer a certain type of Asian food?

We have an Indian Restaurant in Bentonville.

Star of India I think.

We had an Indian restaurant here but I can't say I know of one left now. We also had problems with not having any Thai food for quite a while but that's been rectified. That reminds me one of our Thai restaurants is having problems. A Taste of Thai and the Hoffbrau for that matter, have had problems because of the Mountain Inn Project. Some of the roads in the area have been partially closed. But it looks to get worse because now at least street will have to be totally closed for around 5 weeks for construction around the old Mountain Inn. It's a shame for Hoffbrau really. They had some problems and had closed for a while to try to revamp and change some aspects of their restaurant. Only to reopen not too long before all this Mountain Inn stuff began.

I think we have two Taste of Thai's in Benton County. One in Bentonville and one in Rogers. The one in Rogers is kind of lower class though across from the St. Mary's Hospital.

I can't say I know much about ours offhand. I'm not sure but at one point we had three Thai places. I'm not sure if they are all still open though. Some of these places come and go pretty quickly at times.

I can't say I know much about ours offhand. I'm not sure but at one point we had three Thai places. I'm not sure if they are all still open though. Some of these places come and go pretty quickly at times.

We have another Thai Restaurant in Bentonville called the Lemongrass Thai. It recently opened this year and is located right off the Interstate.

That's definately the best in Benton County.

The Best Thai

The Best Asian has to be Kobe.

I thought you had said that about Kobe, but I had to be sure. I'll also have to ask around and see if our places here in Fayetteville compare to some of your places up there. By the way I'm be much obliged if you keep me up to date with any Mexican restaurant news up there. :D

I thought you had said that about Kobe, but I had to be sure. I'll also have to ask around and see if our places here in Fayetteville compare to some of your places up there. By the way I'm be much obliged if you keep me up to date with any Mexican restaurant news up there. :D

Sure.

Have you tried Abuelo's Mexican Embassy in Rogers.

It's a pretty good one in, along with Maria's. Maria's is probably the most family traditonal mexican foods, but Abuelo's was about the most authentic in Benton County. They have fresco's painted all over the walls and the restaurant is set up in a Mexican City Square style with "Real Mexican Music."

You should check it out. It's right past the Scottsdale Center off Walnut Street.

Sure.

Have you tried Abuelo's Mexican Embassy in Rogers.

It's a pretty good one in, along with Maria's. Maria's is probably the most family traditonal mexican foods, but Abuelo's was about the most authentic in Benton County. They have fresco's painted all over the walls and the restaurant is set up in a Mexican City Square style with "Real Mexican Music."

You should check it out. It's right past the Scottsdale Center off Walnut Street.

Yep I have been to Abuelo's a couple of times. It is a pretty nice place. Can't say I know much about Maria's.

Archived