Best places to eat in Arkansas

Mith242

Yep I have been to Abuelo's a couple of times. It is a pretty nice place. Can't say I know much about Maria's.

It's just about a mile and a half up from Abuelo's on the right. It's next to a Rapido Rabbit Car Wash.

To me, Maria's is my favorite, because the staff seems a lot more friendlier and more traditional. It's not cheesy tacos or anything like that, but does have things like real fajitas and such. If I had to recommend a Mexican Restaurant in Rogers, Maria's would be it. They also have a location in Bentonville along Walton Boulevard.

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's just about a mile and a half up from Abuelo's on the right. It's next to a Rapido Rabbit Car Wash.

To me, Maria's is my favorite, because the staff seems a lot more friendlier and more traditional. It's not cheesy tacos or anything like that, but does have things like real fajitas and such. If I had to recommend a Mexican Restaurant in Rogers, Maria's would be it. They also have a location in Bentonville along Walton Boulevard.

A mile and a half up, do you mean north? Just making sure, remember I'm not real familiar with your area. :D That reminds me you really have to come down here sometime and try La Huerta. I'd be curious to see how you compared it to places up there.

A mile and a half up, do you mean north? Just making sure, remember I'm not real familiar with your area. :D That reminds me you really have to come down here sometime and try La Huerta. I'd be curious to see how you compared it to places up there.

A mile and a half east. Sorry.

Where is La Huerta? It does sound interesting.

Don't you have another really good one down there that starts with an O?

A mile and a half east. Sorry.

Where is La Huerta? It does sound interesting.

Don't you have another really good one down there that starts with an O?

The original is near the intersection of College and Township. Just a bit southeast of that intersection. There's also one in the shopping center where Harp's is over on Crossover on the east side of town. There's also a Mexico Viejo on 6th in southern Fayetteville that is owned by the same family and basically has the same menu. There is an Oseguerra's. The family has a very popular place in Hot Springs called La Hacienda. The first Oseguerra's is in Springdale. I think the one here if Fayetteville is a mix between the one in Springdale and a Mexican type steakhouse. Unless the one in Springdale has changed since I've been there. It's on College further north than La Huerta. On the other side of the road (west side) a bit north of Fiesta Square. Across the street from the Flying Burrito in it's odd looking building ( an old IHOP) across the street also from the intersection of College and Harold. Harold ends at College Ave.

( an old IHOP) across the street also from the intersection of College and Harold. Harold ends at College Ave.

Thanks for the info. I'll have to make a stop at Oseguerra's sometime.

Didn't you guys just get an IHOP along Wedington or something. I thought I remembered seeing something in the paper about it.

Thanks for the info. I'll have to make a stop at Oseguerra's sometime.

Didn't you guys just get an IHOP along Wedington or something. I thought I remembered seeing something in the paper about it.

Yeah, we had one on College Ave obviously but it had really run downhill. I think they opened one either in Springdale or Rogers and people noticed how IHOP could be a lot nicer that the one they had known in Fayetteville. They closed it and then after a while they opened another one on the west side of town. And by the way you also really have to try La Huerta also. Not to say you can't try Oseguerra's, it's a good place too. But La Huerta is certainly one of the better known places in Fayetteville I believe. It may not be the fanciest type place around like Abuelo's, but I really do like their food the best.

Yeah, we had one on College Ave obviously but it had really run downhill. I think they opened one either in Springdale or Rogers and people noticed how IHOP could be a lot nicer that the one they had known in Fayetteville. They closed it and then after a while they opened another one on the west side of town. And by the way you also really have to try La Huerta also. Not to say you can't try Oseguerra's, it's a good place too. But La Huerta is certainly one of the better known places in Fayetteville I believe. It may not be the fanciest type place around like Abuelo's, but I really do like their food the best.

Well, I'll have to try La Huerta instead. It does sound good though.

Out of curiosity, have you ever been to The Casa Bonita in Lakewood, Colorado. I know you're a big mexican food fan, and if you ever want to go to a place that has a very extensive restaurant than you should go there. Inside they have like two gift shops, a waterfall with cliff diving, 3 or 5 levels of eating area, and a fake underground cave system that's supposed to resemble a big caving system in Mexico. The foods not half bad there, but it's been called the biggest mexican restaurant in the United States.

Well, I'll have to try La Huerta instead. It does sound good though.

Out of curiosity, have you ever been to The Casa Bonita in Lakewood, Colorado. I know you're a big mexican food fan, and if you ever want to go to a place that has a very extensive restaurant than you should go there. Inside they have like two gift shops, a waterfall with cliff diving, 3 or 5 levels of eating area, and a fake underground cave system that's supposed to resemble a big caving system in Mexico. The foods not half bad there, but it's been called the biggest mexican restaurant in the United States.

I haven't been there but it reminds me of the one in Tulsa. Although I'm sure it's on a smaller scale but it is an interesting place. I wasn't overly impressed with the food at the one in Tulsa. Wasn't that bad but not the greatest either. But it certainly had very interesting surroundings.

But as far as which to try, you'll have to try both. Not in the same trip obviously. Although I'll feel bad if you try La Huerta and it's not to your liking after I stirred you toward it. It's not everyone's favorite here in Fayetteville but I'd say it seems like it is many people's favorite Mexican place here in Fayetteville.

I haven't been there but it reminds me of the one in Tulsa. Although I'm sure it's on a smaller scale but it is an interesting place. I wasn't overly impressed with the food at the one in Tulsa. Wasn't that bad but not the greatest either. But it certainly had very interesting surroundings.

But as far as which to try, you'll have to try both. Not in the same trip obviously. Although I'll feel bad if you try La Huerta and it's not to your liking after I stirred you toward it. It's not everyone's favorite here in Fayetteville but I'd say it seems like it is many people's favorite Mexican place here in Fayetteville.

Yeah the one in Tulsa is owned by the same people who own the one in Lakewood. The foods not great, but great atmosphere!!

Wish we had a restaurant like that in NW Arkansas.

La Huerta does sound interesting. I think I'll try to make a visit there in a few weeks.

Yeah the one in Tulsa is owned by the same people who own the one in Lakewood. The foods not great, but great atmosphere!!

Wish we had a restaurant like that in NW Arkansas.

La Huerta does sound interesting. I think I'll try to make a visit there in a few weeks.

Cool, you'll have to tell me what you think. Their fajitas are pretty good.

There's another Mexican restaurant in Rogers that opened up recently.

It's called La Bamba and it's directly across from the Supercenter on Walnut. I haven't tried it yet but from what I've heard, it's pretty good (especially their salsa).

There have been some great places listed, but whenever Arkansas gets a Cheesecake Factory they will all be Cfighting for second. :D

There's another Mexican restaurant in Rogers that opened up recently.

It's called La Bamba and it's directly across from the Supercenter on Walnut. I haven't tried it yet but from what I've heard, it's pretty good (especially their salsa).

Hmmm...I do like trying and comparing other places salsa.....Guess I'll have to make a trip up there on of these days. La Huerta's salsa is very interesting. I like it quite a bit, good flavor. But it's not as thick or chunky like some salsas.

There have been some great places listed, but whenever Arkansas gets a Cheesecake Factory they will all be Cfighting for second. :D

I've heard of Cheesecake Factory but guess I'm not too familiar with it. Is it really that good? I know I've heard talk of one in Rogers, is there any talk of one somewhere in Little Rock?

I've heard of Cheesecake Factory but guess I'm not too familiar with it. Is it really that good? I know I've heard talk of one in Rogers, is there any talk of one somewhere in Little Rock?

Yes there have been talks for a Cheescake Factory up here in Rogers in the Pinnacle Promenade Shopping Center and the Pleasant Crossing Shopping Center.

Another note on fast food chicken restaurants in NW Arkansas.

Zaxby's Chicken plans to open 10 locations in NW Arkansas within 4 years.

The first location is set to open in Bentonville in November along J Street, while another site in Fayetteville along 6th street has been announced.

Another note on fast food chicken restaurants in NW Arkansas.

Zaxby's Chicken plans to open 10 locations in NW Arkansas within 4 years.

The first location is set to open in Bentonville in November along J Street, while another site in Fayetteville along 6th street has been announced.

Now I've heard of most of the chicken places opening up around here the past couple of years but can't say I've heard of that one. It's sorta funny how so many of these chicken places have suddenly found northwest Arkansas, with Tyson's headquarters here.

Now I've heard of most of the chicken places opening up around here the past couple of years but can't say I've heard of that one. It's sorta funny how so many of these chicken places have suddenly found northwest Arkansas, with Tyson's headquarters here.

Zaxby's is really only found in the south, Like Mississippi, the carolinas, Alabama and such.

There just now entering Arkansas, so the one in Bentonville will be the first in the state.

But yeah, I agree that so many chicken restaurants are opening, within the next few years around 20 or so are going to open in NW Arkansas or have opened. Popeye's, Church's, Slim Chickens, Chick-fil-A, and now Zaxby's.

Zaxby's is really only found in the south, Like Mississippi, the carolinas, Alabama and such.

There just now entering Arkansas, so the one in Bentonville will be the first in the state.

But yeah, I agree that so many chicken restaurants are opening, within the next few years around 20 or so are going to open in NW Arkansas or have opened. Popeye's, Church's, Slim Chickens, Chick-fil-A, and now Zaxby's.

Maybe now we really can claim to be chicken capitol of the world. :D I was sorts surprised it took Chick-fil-A so long to go to Benton County. After having locations here in Fayetteville for years.

Maybe now we really can claim to be chicken capitol of the world. :D I was sorts surprised it took Chick-fil-A so long to go to Benton County. After having locations here in Fayetteville for years.

I was wondering for a few years if one was ever going to come.

But I guess now that everyone's coming here, it is becoming a mecca for chicken restaurants.

I was wondering for a few years if one was ever going to come.

But I guess now that everyone's coming here, it is becoming a mecca for chicken restaurants.

Well we have had some here in fayetteville for a while now. Although a few years ago the franchise that owned all the KFC's went bankrupt closing all the northwest Arkansas location. At the time that might have been some of the few fast food chicken places you guys had up there in Benton County.

I'd be shocked if Arkansas got one anytime soon. They like to build into or near a mega-shopping center and there are a lot of cities you would expect to have them that don't, like Memphis or Nashville. There are only two in DFW.

They do have great food, though, I agree. I live 5 miles from one.

I'd be shocked if Arkansas got one anytime soon. They like to build into or near a mega-shopping center and there are a lot of cities you would expect to have them that don't, like Memphis or Nashville. There are only two in DFW.

They do have great food, though, I agree. I live 5 miles from one.

I don't know if it's set in stone, but I've heard a lot of talk of one being put into one of the big Rogers developments.

I don't know if it's set in stone, but I've heard a lot of talk of one being put into one of the big Rogers developments.

There's plenty of large shopping centers being planned in Rogers. Pinnacle Promenade is over 1 Million Square Feet and already has recieved interest from PF Changs, Flemings Steakhouse, and Sharper Image.

Pleasant Crossing is a 1.2 Million Square foot shopping center, as well as 3 other large upscale developments in the area. Tuscany Square, Pleasant Crossing West, and Centre Pointe. I think that both areas have a good potential to attract one, especially with some of demographics. I think the average annual income within 5 miles of the Pinnacle Promenade is around $72,000 or higher.

Archived