Fayetteville, Arkansas

Mith242

Looks like this story is closer to becoming a fact. According to local media the company that builds stores for Whole Foods has applied for a permit on N. College.

Where did you see it?  I hope they choose N. College.  That would do wonders for that area.  With the flyover, that area is also going to more attractive to hotels, with easy in, easy out access.

I hate the Vue.  Its just not a very good looking development for something that takes away from the mountain scenery.  I don't remember the renderings being that ugly, so I looked it up.  Here's what the initial renderings showed:

13546311419107039-vue-rendering.full.jpg

I guess beauty is in the eye of the beholder... I happen to really like the Vue; I see it coming & going everyday and I can think of a lot of other things that are way uglier on MLK. I like that is't pearched on the hill - we need a bit of a skyline in Fayetteville, especially given that many of our few highrises, with notable exceptions such as The Chancellor, are hideous 60's-era monstrosities.

Looks like this story is closer to becoming a fact. According to local media the company that builds stores for Whole Foods has applied for a permit on N. College.

Yeah, probably the worst kept secret.  Although I still don't think it's been totally made official.  And from what I've heard sounds like ONF is planning on expanding in anticipation of Whole Foods coming in.  But either way, looks like things are going to happen even if they aren't quite official yet.  The only problem I see with the Whole Foods location is that it probably will be hard making a left hand turn as you leave being so close to the light at Milsap.  

• Like 1

Yeah, probably the worst kept secret.  Although I still don't think it's been totally made official.  And from what I've heard sounds like ONF is planning on expanding in anticipation of Whole Foods coming in.  But either way, looks like things are going to happen even if they aren't quite official yet.  The only problem I see with the Whole Foods location is that it probably will be hard making a left hand turn as you leave being so close to the light at Milsap.  

It looks like the plan is to add a traffic signal at Masonic Dr. so that will help access. I had hoped there would be access off Milsap but that doesn't look to in the plans.

It looks like the plan is to add a traffic signal at Masonic Dr. so that will help access. I had hoped there would be access off Milsap but that doesn't look to in the plans.

Yeah access to Milsap would have been nice.  I'm just curious to see what else might go in that area.  Looks like Whole Foods is just the anchor.

Yeah, probably the worst kept secret. Although I still don't think it's been totally made official. And from what I've heard sounds like ONF is planning on expanding in anticipation of Whole Foods coming in. But either way, looks like things are going to happen even if they aren't quite official yet. The only problem I see with the Whole Foods location is that it probably will be hard making a left hand turn as you leave being so close to the light at Milsap.

A lot of people said that about the walmart to go here in bentonville. I've never had trouble getting in or out of it yet.. Company like whole foods will make it work.

A lot of people said that about the walmart to go here in bentonville. I've never had trouble getting in or out of it yet.. Company like whole foods will make it work.

Yeah zman said they'll be adding a light at Masonic Dr, so that should help.

I hope they put another Chipotle near Whole Foods in that area.  Or a Pei Wei (a fast casual version of PF Changs).  I think it would be a perfect area for something of that sort.  A chuys would be nice as well, but that may go better near the mall area since  you need much more parking for that restaurant.

I hope they put another Chipotle near Whole Foods in that area.  Or a Pei Wei (a fast casual version of PF Changs).  I think it would be a perfect area for something of that sort.  A chuys would be nice as well, but that may go better near the mall area since  you need much more parking for that restaurant.

I think a Pei Wei would be a perfect fit for this area.  I did hear a rumor that Chipotle and Whataburger were planning on something on the NE corner of Joyce and College where those 1 story brown brick buildings are currently...but who knows.

Maybe we'll get our PF Chang's or Chuy's in there.  

Not enough parking...

Likely...

Fayetteville has amazing restaurants. In fact, that is probably the most frequent thing that gets me down there.

Just the other day someone said they didn't know Tulsa had a Bass Pro. They don't. Broken Arrow does.

Right on....  So that 9000sf pad in the corner looks like a good spot for sit-down dining.  I notice some parking to the south of that building, and of course shared parking implied with the WF area.  I would think a casual to fine-dining restaurant would be ok with that level of parking.  I'm cool with a northside Chipotle, but I'm hoping for something better.

I can't imagine going to the WF for a year or so after it opens. It. Will. Be. A. Cluster. F. I do wish they were building west of 540 but that's a minor nit. Maybe ONF will get a clue and get their prices in line. WF coming here is only a good thing for the city and region. It will be a profit maker.

Pei Wei would be awesome. I lived in Dallas for a while and loved PW. Nothing like it exists here that I know of. 

I don't really care if we get Chuy's or PFC or another big chain in FYV but it wouldn't bother me, either. We have a lot of unique places here. The big gaping hole, IMO, is MLK (south UA) area. There is almost nothing not fast food. That Marinoni area sure would be nice for some solid restaurants.

Upon closer inspection of the site plan, there are already two sites designated as restaurants with patios, each of 2800 square feet.  That's more inline with something like Chipotle or PeiWei.  

9000 square feet (corner pad) would be a nice sized retail location for somebody.  I'm trying to think of something that size that would cool to have in Fayetteville, and would locate outside of a mall type district.

I can't imagine going to the WF for a year or so after it opens. It. Will. Be. A. Cluster. F. I do wish they were building west of 540 but that's a minor nit. Maybe ONF will get a clue and get their prices in line. WF coming here is only a good thing for the city and region. It will be a profit maker.

Pei Wei would be awesome. I lived in Dallas for a while and loved PW. Nothing like it exists here that I know of. 

I don't really care if we get Chuy's or PFC or another big chain in FYV but it wouldn't bother me, either. We have a lot of unique places here. The big gaping hole, IMO, is MLK (south UA) area. There is almost nothing not fast food. That Marinoni area sure would be nice for some solid restaurants.

The Pei Wei at Midtowne (in Little Rock) is dangerously close to my house. I don't want to know exactly how much I spent there since moving here. At any rate, I think one would do extremely well in Fayetteville. The one in Midtowne is always busy and they've been working on plans to build two more here for quite some time, surprised they haven't jumped into NWA yet. 

I wish that Café Express would expand out of Texas into Arkansas. It would do so well in NWA or LR I think. It reminds me of Taziki's a little bit. It has counter service. Great food. (Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner) and serves beer and wine. I've sent them e-mails suggesting that they come up this way, but I'm sure they were dismissed quickly. :) There are a lot of things I wouldn't mind making their way up to Arkansas from Texas though. HEB grocery stores is another!

I'm really excited about Whole Foods possibly coming to Fayetteville. I really think it will do great things for College Ave business and real estate.

I agree that Urban Outfitters would be a good fit for Fayetteville. I really wish H&M would come to NWA, but we don't have the population for that most likely.

Hopefully we will get some good restaurants over by the mall after the flyover is done. Chuy's would be good. Maybe a TGIFridays?

I don't get the love for Chuy's.  It's pretty much like every other Tex Mex place.  There used to be a TGIF not too far from the mall but it closed years ago.

On the previous page, is the Vue the one to the south of the hs/university?  If so I like the way design as is compared to the mock up.

I don't get the love for Chuy's.  It's pretty much like every other Tex Mex place.  There used to be a TGIF not too far from the mall but it closed years ago.

On the previous page, is the Vue the one to the south of the hs/university?  If so I like the way design as is compared to the mock up.

That is indeed the Vue south of the hs/university- up on the hill. Seems it being visible above the horizon bothers some people- only Old Main is supposed to be seen from a distance in Fayetteville. I like it- it provides a good balance with the university buildings across the valley. Its a reminder that we are in a growing city in a growing metro and not out in the country.

• Like 1