Fayetteville, Arkansas

Mith242

Wouldn't even have to be the 12 and 16 story buildings,  just something more than 2 floors. Lindsey built one.

Lindsey built one for his huge company, so no need to lease to tenants.  I don't think there is any demand in that area.  There is a large office building not far from there at Old Missouri & Joyce.  I am not sure if it ever filled up. There are a few small incomplete office complexes in that same general area.

Its a pretty large site.  Filling it with two-story buildings will create a nice little bit of infill.  Hopefully it is mixed with retail.  I could see a few apartments there, too at some point.

Lindsey built one for his huge company, so no need to lease to tenants.  I don't think there is any demand in that area.  There is a large office building not far from there at Old Missouri & Joyce.  I am not sure if it ever filled up. There are a few small incomplete office complexes in that same general area.

Its a pretty large site.  Filling it with two-story buildings will create a nice little bit of infill.  Hopefully it is mixed with retail.  I could see a few apartments there, too at some point.

That's true though even Lindsey does lease space out in his building. Fayetteville doesn't have that big corporation like a Walmart or Tyson to build a namesake building and I can't think of any other firm in town that could.

Anyway- I hope the demand is created before it becomes an area of all low rise development.

• Like 1

That's true though even Lindsey does lease space out in his building. Fayetteville doesn't have that big corporation like a Walmart or Tyson to build a namesake building and I can't think of any other firm in town that could.

Anyway- I hope the demand is created before it becomes an area of all low rise development.

The new construction is all on the part west of Vantage.  There is still the large lot across Vantage from the original buildings if there is ever mid to high rise demand there. Things may change in the next 5-10 years, so maybe it will still happen.  I would also prefer something more like 5 stories in that area.  Some mixed-use building with apts up top would be nice.

Edited by wmr
  • Like 1

The new construction is all on the part west of Vantage.  There is still the large lot across Vantage from the original buildings if there is ever mid to high rise demand there. Things may change in the next 5-10 years, so maybe it will still happen.  I would also prefer something more like 5 stories in that area.  Some mixed-use building with apts up top would be nice.

That is the spot there behind the post office that is still currently zoned C-3 and where Barber wanted the two 16 story residential towers.  Not sure how the condos just to the north would have felt about that.  

That project was approved and some folks fought against it unsuccessfully.

I don't think those neighborhing condos he's referring to were even built when the Bellafont plan was approved.  Even if they were, the condos to the north were also Barber's.  They're duplex condos, called Bellafont Gardens.  I'm pretty sure that whole area was just woods before Lindsey built the complex back there and constructed Vantage Dr to Zion.  All the more reason why twin towers there never made sense at all.  No amenities, no "location" factor to justify high rise development.  Convenient to the post office, though.   :thumbsup:

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

There is a sign for a 33,000 sq. ft. strip mall on Van Asche behind the old Fuddruckers building. I don't remember hearing anything about it in the news but its where a hotel was planned many years ago- guess that fell through. Seems like the extension to Hwy 112 is already paying off.

There is a sign for a 33,000 sq. ft. strip mall on Van Asche behind the old Fuddruckers building. I don't remember hearing anything about it in the news but its where a hotel was planned many years ago- guess that fell through. Seems like the extension to Hwy 112 is already paying off.

That sign has been there for a while, developer is same that built two strips of identical architecture on Walton Blvd in Bentonville and has had that as part of his plan for area for a few years. But, the Van Asche extension definitely will help that area's viability.  

That sign has been there for a while, developer is same that built two strips of identical architecture on Walton Blvd in Bentonville and has had that as part of his plan for area for a few years. But, the Van Asche extension definitely will help that area's viability.  

I had heard that they might make a connection to I-49 when the new Van Ashe extension is done.  Has anyone heard anything about that?  It may of just been a long term plan.

I had heard that they might make a connection to I-49 when the new Van Ashe extension is done.  Has anyone heard anything about that?  It may of just been a long term plan.

I'm pretty sure I've heard mention of that as well.  But don't recall hearing about any timetable.  So it's possible it might not be done anytime real soon.  I guess there's still room for more interchanges on I-49.  But I'm wondering the way they seem to be popping up, if we'll eventually start having to put some less than a mile away from each other.  Which I believe would change the classification to urban and then they'll drop the speed limit down accordingly.

Somewhere on the Internet there is a planning map showing an extension of Joyce Blvd. to a new interchange at the top of the hill south of the Johnson exit. I think it is a City of Fayetteville creation but might be a NWARPC long range map. Either way- such an interchange is needed to really open up the Steele Crossing area to development.

• Like 1

I'm pretty sure I've heard mention of that as well.  But don't recall hearing about any timetable.  So it's possible it might not be done anytime real soon.  I guess there's still room for more interchanges on I-49.  But I'm wondering the way they seem to be popping up, if we'll eventually start having to put some less than a mile away from each other.  Which I believe would change the classification to urban and then they'll drop the speed limit down accordingly.

I believe it is already classified as Urban so more than one interchange per mile is now allowed.  I could be wrong though.

I believe it is already classified as Urban so more than one interchange per mile is now allowed. I could be wrong though.

An exit there would be incredibly good for the entire mall area. Rules be damned, this needs to happen. It would do for southbound traffic what has been done with the flyover. And even northbound from west Fayetteville.

Edited by IronScott
  • Like 1

So is Wal-Mart planning a neighborhood market store in the Mill District area of South Fayetteville?  I sort of hope not.  That area has potential to be urban in nature.

I see where the 7 acres under contract at Hill & MLK is being pursued by Walmart Stores.

The only way this is a good thing is if its an urban-style WMNM like the one in downtown Bentonville.

I agree with the need for it to be more like the new Bentonville store, but  it's a great move on their part, the area is vastly underserved and/or high priced/ dirty(IGA).

I'm waiting for a smaller scale superstore along 16 somewhere, it's coming.

It'll be closer to the Crossover intersection area and Fay/Elkins border, there's large enough and flat enough land parcels that can be pieced together to pull it off. West Fork of White Bridge 4 lane replacement is well underway. Everyone is laying back to miss out of cost share of the widening/road improvements. This area is ripe for fast food outlets and other eateries.

Edited by TRB

They have it screwed up in regards to everything south of 16, east of Crossover placed in South Fayetteville. Complete and total nonsense. The natural divide is the industrial park divide, open fields and the flood plain. At best, South Fayetteville should extend to the light at Huntsville Rd and the old Tyson complex.