Fayetteville, Arkansas

Mith242

Wow, I definitely had the Ward 4 southeast boundary screwed up. That's embarrassing. I'm not sure how I missed that, but I've corrected and re-uploaded it. Thanks for pointing that out.

Mr. Flyer, there's nothing about the Harvey Hill complex across from the new Cardinal going being larger than first proposed.

Wow, I definitely had the Ward 4 southeast boundary screwed up. That's embarrassing. I'm not sure how I missed that, but I've corrected and re-uploaded it. Thanks for pointing that out.

Great service. Thanks!

Duncan donuts on MLK opens the 16th. Free coffee all next week,

Excellent! I thought it looked very close.

Noticed on NWA online today that the U of A is going to buy 10 acres just west of Baum Stadium for about $350k per acre.  If they are willing to pay those prices and are in need of more flat acreage for intramurals, maybe they need to take a close look at the Marinoni property over on Wedington.

http://www.nwaonline.com/news/2014/sep/17/ua-buys-9-7-acres-to-add-fields-2014091/?latest

Noticed on NWA online today that the U of A is going to buy 10 acres just west of Baum Stadium for about $350k per acre.  If they are willing to pay those prices and are in need of more flat acreage for intramurals, maybe they need to take a close look at the Marinoni property over on Wedington.

http://www.nwaonline.com/news/2014/sep/17/ua-buys-9-7-acres-to-add-fields-2014091/?latest

They have on numerous occasions and passed, though it is to me the best spot for it and natural extension of the U of A to get presence on the highway.

• Like 2

Interesting that the uptown Office Max is closing but the midtown Office Depot is staying.  I am not sold on that Office Max as a good location for a natural grocer, especially given that a large part of Fayetteville would have to drive past Whole Foods to get there. 

Office Depot stronger brand and they have better lease.

I think it is a poor location given parking concerns and tenant mix. Whole Foods will get their sales plus draw from cities north of Fayetteville.Think Natural Grocers will dent Ozark Natural Foods heavily.

Edited by comreguy
  • Like 1

It should be noted that the land that the U of A purchased is exactly the area that the Athletic master plan calls for a  5 to 6 thousand seat multipurpose arena to replace Barnhill that will tie into and add the parking for the other two facilities located there. I hope the Aryeshire business that's been bought out relocates locally but it was recently bought out so it sure sounds like this will be one of victims of such transactions when things are consolidated. I wonder when Cobb Vantress sells to the UofA.

It should be noted that the land that the U of A purchased is exactly the area that the Athletic master plan calls for a  5 to 6 thousand seat multipurpose arena to replace Barnhill that will tie into and add the parking for the other two facilities located there. I hope the Aryeshire business that's been bought out relocates locally but it was recently bought out so it sure sounds like this will be one of victims of such transactions when things are consolidated. I wonder when Cobb Vantress sells to the UofA.

Now that UA is buying land near Baum and paying a good price, it makes me think they really missed an opportunity when they let those warehouse/storage areas be sold to Specialized.  That area would have been even closer to the main campus for intramural fields, and they could have put some parking along MLK that they could have sold to football fans.

Although it is not surprising to me that the UA planners are behind the curve when compared to private companies.  Just like when the UA didn't realize they wanted the lots north of Cleveland until Specialized had gotten approval for a mixed use development there.  

Edited by wmr
  • Like 1

It's interesting to read that Fayetteville has received cash to study extending Sain St. to Joyce Blvd. in north Fayetteville but what is exactly the plan? Extending Sain St. to Joyce without a ramp off Fulbright Expressway to Sain would overload the Milsap /North College  intersection. I'm sure I missed the exact plan but to eliminate the crossover traffic of drivers wanting to exit from the Fulbright Expressway onto Joyce Blvd eastbound there will have to be an off ramp from Fulbright to Sain to Vantage.

Edited by zman9810

It's interesting to read that Fayetteville has received cash to study extending Sain St. to Joyce Blvd. in north Fayetteville but what is exactly the plan? Extending Sain St. to Joyce without a ramp off Fulbright Expressway to Sain would overload the Milsap /North College  intersection. I'm sure I missed the exact plan but to eliminate the crossover traffic of drivers wanting to exit from the Fulbright Expressway onto Joyce Blvd eastbound there will have to be an off ramp from Fulbright to Sain to Vantage.

The only thing I can figure out is that they're trying to take more people away from the College Ave/Joyce intersection.  For those traveling west on Joyce who want to head south on College Ave, but you'd have to add another traffic light there at Sain and College Ave.  But I guess if you were heading north on College and wanted to head east on Joyce it would work okay.  But yeah if you wanted to access the Fulbright Expressway from Joyce you'd still have to hit the College/Joyce intersection.  I guess if they were to extend Sain you'd just have it connect up to the end of Vantage.  

The only thing I can figure out is that they're trying to take more people away from the College Ave/Joyce intersection.  For those traveling west on Joyce who want to head south on College Ave, but you'd have to add another traffic light there at Sain and College Ave.  But I guess if you were heading north on College and wanted to head east on Joyce it would work okay.  But yeah if you wanted to access the Fulbright Expressway from Joyce you'd still have to hit the College/Joyce intersection.  I guess if they were to extend Sain you'd just have it connect up to the end of Vantage.  

Oh yeah, taking the traffic load off N. College/ Joyce is the ultimate goal. It would be the best solution to have a on/off ramp solution from Fulbright to Joyce but that would be cost prohibitive. A simple off ramp from Fulbright to Sain to Vantage is doable and I think is the ultimate plan.

Oh yeah, taking the traffic load off N. College/ Joyce is the ultimate goal. It would be the best solution to have a on/off ramp solution from Fulbright to Joyce but that would be cost prohibitive. A simple off ramp from Fulbright to Sain to Vantage is doable and I think is the ultimate plan.

I believe that ramp was in a master plan diagram I saw once.  It was off-ramp only.  Presently, northbound traffic entering College from FXW (I coined that) has to cross both lanes of northbound NCA in order to get onto east Joyce.  An off-ramp only allowing FXW traffic to access the E. Joyce area would improve safety and flow there dramatically.  I drive that section almost every day.