Fayetteville, Arkansas

Mith242

Have heard they are looking on Dickson, though Whole Foods makes much more sense...

My wife will be so excited if that happens. Our bank account, not so much.

I think either location would succeed. With Dickson you get the yoga crowd and all the college girls. Whole Foods location would be more of the soccer moms but WF alone would drive traffic there. We've been to Lululemon all over the country and there isn't a consistent reasoning with respect to location. It would do great in Fayetteville at either location mentioned.

Saw on tv a few days ago that washington regional is planning a $60 million expsnsion. Have been waiting on the flyer or city wire to give more info but nothing yet. Parking garage and new building it sounds like.

City Wire has a write up on this today, it'll be a 5 story tower.

Also, writes about Marshalltown expanding again in Fayetteville as they quietly reshore products. Seems they are fed up with port issues on the West Coast. If you read between the lines that means union labor stoppages. Lead time has doubled and they are having to carry larger inventories and that's not good to their bottomline. It also goes on to say they picked up a bit of the workforce Superior laid off in Rogers. What people don't realize is that Superior is outsourcing some of it's wheel polish work but to former Superior employees that opened up Bright in Fayetteville.

Edited by TRB
  • Like 1

At what point does Dickson and downtown see additional retail/restaurant space built?  Block Street has some terribly under-utilized lots right now.  Seems like somebody would build a spec building with 3000 or so SF of restaurant space groundfloor and a few apts up top.  That seems to be a lot more viable than the little single-story office building a developer built there a few years ago.  I also think something on College adjacent to downtown makes sense for a scrape and redevelopment with new restaurant space.  Parking is an issue, but combine a couple of smaller lots and put three rows of parking in the rear, etc....

Edited by wmr
  • Like 1

Regarding Lululemon, I hope they land next to Whole Foods or the NWA mall. Traffic counts are much higher there and customers don't have to worry about paid parking. (Please excuse that passive-aggressive dig on the Fayetteville city government.)

My concern for Lululemon is this maybe one of their pop up stores they do with no permanent intent. Edited by TRB

Regarding Lululemon, I hope they land next to Whole Foods or the NWA mall.  Traffic counts are much higher there and customers don't have to worry about paid parking.  (Please excuse that passive-aggressive dig on the Fayetteville city government.)

I can't imagine Lululemon in Fayetteville anywhere other than right by Whole Foods.  Does Lululemon have any other locations that are outside of mall locations, whether outdoor or in?  And IMHO, neither the NWA Mall in Fayetteville nor even the Promenade in Rogers has shown the ability to retain higher-end retailers.  

I can't imagine Lululemon in Fayetteville anywhere other than right by Whole Foods.  Does Lululemon have any other locations that are outside of mall locations, whether outdoor or in?  And IMHO, neither the NWA Mall in Fayetteville nor even the Promenade in Rogers has shown the ability to retain higher-end retailers.

The one in Tulsa is in a stand alone building but that's the only one I've personally been to that's not associated with a mall or shopping center.

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like the list of tenants at College Marketplace so far will be Whole Foods, Chipotle, Jimmy Johns, Zoe's Kitchen, Fayetteville Pilates and Barre, Great Clips, and Alumni Hall. 

There are also three other spaces with leases under negotiation. My apologies if someone else has already posted anything about this updated list. Looks like theres space for a drive-thru restaurant, and three more shops. Hopefully we will have even more to look forward to in the remaining spaces.

http://sjcollinsent.com/sites/default/files/siteplans/Fayetteville_Tenant_Plan.pdf

• Like 2

Great development with some really good restaurants.  What is Alumni Hall?

Looks like the list of tenants at College Marketplace so far will be Whole Foods, Chipotle, Jimmy Johns, Zoe's Kitchen, Fayetteville Pilates and Barre, Great Clips, and Alumni Hall. 

There are also three other spaces with leases under negotiation. My apologies if someone else has already posted anything about this updated list. Looks like theres space for a drive-thru restaurant, and three more shops. Hopefully we will have even more to look forward to in the remaining spaces.

http://sjcollinsent.com/sites/default/files/siteplans/Fayetteville_Tenant_Plan.pdf

I was thinking the same.   Especially at lunch with those restaurants.  I thought the whole development would be larger than it looks from College Ave.

Especially if you account for employee parking as well.  Just estimating, make take 4-6 people at all times to run Chipotle..then if you think there are always at least that many people eating there.  For Jimmy John's...similar...especially with delivery.  If you start counting off the parking spots and include the staffing for each establishment, it seems to become extremely tight. 

Is that enough parking?  Looks like it's going to be really tight.

I am sure they are betting that at least half of their customers will bike... The other half will carpool. The other half will use Razorback transit. The other half will use ORT. The other half will walk.... Wait, I think my addition is off :-)

I read that they expanded the store footprint b/c of the strong support. I agree that parking may be tight but it doesn't look like it will be overwhelming. The largest concern will be in the evening; the time between people getting done shopping after work and people going to have dinner at the restaurant(s). 

I do think having access only on college, even only for now, will be a large burden on the customers entering and exiting the shopping complex. 

• Like 1

I'd like to see the car lots next door redeveloped into something mixed use.  There is some vacant land out sort of between that area and Fiesta Square, too.  Maybe being within walking distance to WF and a few restaurants without drive thrus will give a developer the idea that its a desireable location for some apts.

On a related note, I noticed the other day that on Township, a car wash property is shown as "contract pending".  This is directly adjacent to the Oreilly's, which will be moving to Drake before long (construction is underway).  It will be interesting to see higher intensity uses along Township.

I am sure they are betting that at least half of their customers will bike... The other half will carpool. The other half will use Razorback transit. The other half will use ORT. The other half will walk.... Wait, I think my addition is off :-)

I read that they expanded the store footprint b/c of the strong support. I agree that parking may be tight but it doesn't look like it will be overwhelming. The largest concern will be in the evening; the time between people getting done shopping after work and people going to have dinner at the restaurant(s). 

I do think having access only on college, even only for now, will be a large burden on the customers entering and exiting the shopping complex. 

There are two entrances and exits. One at a stop light and one right in/right out. Parking is tight, but from other Whole Foods developments that i've seen, that is a theme.

I'd like to see the car lots next door redeveloped into something mixed use.  There is some vacant land out sort of between that area and Fiesta Square, too.  Maybe being within walking distance to WF and a few restaurants without drive thrus will give a developer the idea that its a desireable location for some apts.

On a related note, I noticed the other day that on Township, a car wash property is shown as "contract pending".  This is directly adjacent to the Oreilly's, which will be moving to Drake before long (construction is underway).  It will be interesting to see higher intensity uses along Township.

The carwash is going to be...

A carwash. Sorry man.

• Like 1

Someone tried to put apartments back there where Plainview ends and was shot down by the city a few years ago. I don't remember why it was denied but it seemed like a good use to me, also.

I also hope that a back way to Milsap via Plainview is built sooner rather than later. Traffic is going to stack up on College as it is.

There are two entrances and exits. One at a stop light and one right in/right out. Parking is tight, but from other Whole Foods developments that i've seen, that is a theme.

The carwash is going to be...

A carwash. Sorry man.

Well we need carwashes, too.

Bad parking is as destructive as bad checkout strategies. People easily will remember those negative experiences. I don't even mind walking around a building if I know there is available parking in the back.

It took Sushi House/ Kennedy Coffee in Bentonville a decade to add sufficient parking.

I wont go to Panera because as much as it appears that people work there...