Fayetteville, Arkansas

Mith242

12 hours ago, nickbenso said:

oh my! comreguy, share what you know!

Look for Fitness One to be the gym. They just bought world gym in ROGERS and are trying to buy several I-49 frontage tracts to expand. 

Hotel is another by Krushiker, not sure flag but likely similar to the other hotels in the area. Not an aLoft

Not sure on restaurant

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I was expecting to hear of a big project being announced in Fayetteville but I was expecting it for the Van Asche extension area well before Wedington.  I guess the Cross Church plans may of spurred this development along some.  Looks like a developer out of the Dallas area will be purchasing the 108 acres on the SE corner of Wedington and I-49.  This is right behind the area where Cross Church will be building the new Fayetteville campus.  The developer is the same that recently did the Preston Hollow Village http://prestonhollowvillage.com/ development in Dallas.

We will see how this progresses over the summer.  Here is an article from the Fayetteville Flyer: Wedington Development

This may need it's own thread if it does get moving forward.  This is actually the first I have heard about it.  Good news in my opinion for Fayetteville!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, strmchsr77 said:

I was expecting to hear of a big project being announced in Fayetteville but I was expecting it for the Van Asche extension area well before Wedington.  I guess the Cross Church plans may of spurred this development along some.  Looks like a developer out of the Dallas area will be purchasing the 108 acres on the SE corner of Wedington and I-49.  This is right behind the area where Cross Church will be building the new Fayetteville campus.  The developer is the same that recently did the Preston Hollow Village http://prestonhollowvillage.com/ development in Dallas.

We will see how this progresses over the summer.  Here is an article from the Fayetteville Flyer: Wedington Development

This may need it's own thread if it does get moving forward.  This is actually the first I have heard about it.  Good news in my opinion for Fayetteville!

If it is anything on the scale of the Dallas project on twice the land, good gracious is all I'm going to say but the NIMBYS will howl but you just don't say no to that.

Screen-shot-2013-04-11-at-10.17.48-PM.pn

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, TRB said:

If it is anything on the scale of the Dallas project on twice the land, good gracious is all I'm going to say but the NIMBYS will howl but you just don't say no to that.

Yes over twice the acreage but I am going to have to guess that will mean less than half the density unfortunately.  I don't think that we can support something quite like the Dallas project but I would certainly like to see some of the taller apartments/hotels/offices mixed in.  I am excited about the restaurant possibilities as I am not far from this area of town and it's only a 7 minute drive from my house to this intersection.  I won't get too excited until it starts.  It will have to clear the City Council (I will keep my thoughts on them to myself) and the crying neighbors that want a field to stay there.....fingers crossed it will be an actual destination for all of NWAR and the region.

With that amount of land, I'd go for something similar but in phases over a longer period of time and maximize every acre. I'd love to see a five to six story office building targeting tech start ups.

Edited by TRB
  • Like 2

Looks like a big part of that Preston Hollow development is 7-10 stories.  I'm cool with something mainly in the 3-4 story range, with a couple of 7-9 story buildings.  That would be great for Fayetteville.  Hopefully they announce plans large enough to keep the craptier apartment developers at bay for a few years.  If we're going to have apartments all over this city, I'd rather them be in mixed-use blocks rather than garden-style crap.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, wmr said:

Looks like a big part of that Preston Hollow development is 7-10 stories.  I'm cool with something mainly in the 3-4 story range, with a couple of 7-9 story buildings.  That would be great for Fayetteville.  Hopefully they announce plans large enough to keep the craptier apartment developers at bay for a few years.  If we're going to have apartments all over this city, I'd rather them be in mixed-use blocks rather than garden-style crap.

This is the senior living element to the Preston Hollow development. All I can say is yes please.

HarborChase-of-Park-Cities-Rendering-cop

On 4/23/2016 at 4:11 PM, TRB said:

Oh you know it.  People haven't even seen these renderings of their other project and have already started moaning about the initial news of this development.

Marketplace Express has been gone for over a month. It has been weird seeing the food court shrink to a size comparable to what it was before the expansion in the Mid 90s. The only constant....... Chick-fil-A.

It's gone thru a Sonic, Arby's, Quiznos, Boars Nest, The Steak Escape and another Philly sandwich place, a Flying Burrito, a Greek Gyro place, Fruitta place?

On April 27, 2016 at 10:03 PM, TRB said:

Marketplace Express has been gone for over a month. It has been weird seeing the food court shrink to a size comparable to what it was before the expansion in the Mid 90s. The only constant....... Chick-fil-A.

It's gone thru a Sonic, Arby's, Quiznos, Boars Nest, The Steak Escape and another Philly sandwich place, a Flying Burrito, a Greek Gyro place, Fruitta place?

I loved Marketplace Express when I worked in the mall many years ago.  And it's crazy that many of those haven't laste

I wish the promenade in Rogers would tear down their "food court" or "pavilion" (or whatever) and let something more stable move in to that space, whether another restaurant or retail store.

Edited by jb1087

Looks like Dickson Street will be getting a movie theater back finally.  I have heard a few rumors of this over the past year or so but it looks like it will get started soon.  The old Dickson Theater building will be torn down to make way for a 3 story venue.  The first level will have a bar, cafe, and 2 smaller screens.  The 2nd and 3rd level will have the much larger screen and auditorium.  They also mention a possibility of a roof top screen over looking the skyline for nights with warm weather. Fayetteville has been needing this for quite some time, this might be successful if done correctly. I am certainly excited about it!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, strmchsr77 said:

Looks like Dickson Street will be getting a movie theater back finally.  I have heard a few rumors of this over the past year or so but it looks like it will get started soon.  The old Dickson Theater building will be torn down to make way for a 3 story venue.  The first level will have a bar, cafe, and 2 smaller screens.  The 2nd and 3rd level will have the much larger screen and auditorium.  They also mention a possibility of a roof top screen over looking the skyline for nights with warm weather. Fayetteville has been needing this for quite some time, this might be successful if done correctly. I am certainly excited about it!

As posters know, I favored an Imax tied in with WAC but this  is totally acceptable and doable thanks to the parking requirements being tweaked.and all the added density in the area.

The rooftop ounds similar to the Malco project in the South Main district in Memphis, they plan on a courtyard screen for outdoor movies, a drive in with out the cars so to say. Heck they are supposedly putting I  Mezzanine seating for some indoor screens that will feature upgraded service lime food with the lower level, regular seating. A mix of dine in with normal.

Now, let's get UARK Bowl back to a boutique bowling alley. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
5 hours ago, aerotive said:

Anyone know what's going in on MLK where the car wash used to be?  Think that's what was demolished.

Also on 49, around Lowell I think, there's a two-story structure going up between Camping World and a realty building.  Any ideas what that is?

Nothing on MLK purchased by a developer. 

Metro Builders Supply in Lowell