Fayetteville, Arkansas

Mith242

Even bigger than the parade in Little Rock?

I saw some pics of it in todays paper and it looked pretty packed, I also heard they had the world's largest King Cake there as well.

Oh yeah I forgot to mention the King Cake. I don't know for certain that it's larger than the Little Rock one but I noticed one of the Little Rock stations talked more about the Fayetteville one than the one there in their city. I just got the impression that the one in Fayetteville is the big one in the state now but as I said I really don't have any numbers or anything on either of them.

I've heard that Bristol Gardens will soon convert their 272-unit Fayetteville apartment complex into condos.

The project, which was completed in 2004, will be renamed The Reserve at Steele Crossing and will go up for sale to the public in April. Existing tenants have a chance at the units right now.Asking price for the condos will start at $89,900 for a one-bedroom unit all the way to $260,000 for a three-bedroom, two-car garage unit.The complex has a pool, 24-hour fitness center, clubhouse, car-wash pavilion, cyber caf

I've heard that Bristol Gardens will soon convert their 272-unit Fayetteville apartment complex into condos.

The project, which was completed in 2004, will be renamed The Reserve at Steele Crossing and will go up for sale to the public in April. Existing tenants have a chance at the units right now.Asking price for the condos will start at $89,900 for a one-bedroom unit all the way to $260,000 for a three-bedroom, two-car garage unit.The complex has a pool, 24-hour fitness center, clubhouse, car-wash pavilion, cyber caf

Fayetteville had it's Mardi Gras festival yesterday. I hadn't realized it but it looks like we have the biggest festival in the state and it sounds like they're wanting to make it bigger next year as well. Of course this year's took on more meaning because we had people from New Orleans that had moved here after Katrina.

I read that this years Mardi Gras will be more "adult-oriented" than before. It's not something I would take my son to mainly due to the rowdy people fighting over beads and the fact that I'd have to carry him all day or end up losing him in the maddening crow. But don't take it that I don't support the event... I think it's awesome for people who don't have kids or couldn't find a babysitter. :D

I read that this years Mardi Gras will be more "adult-oriented" than before. It's not something I would take my son to mainly due to the rowdy people fighting over beads and the fact that I'd have to carry him all day or end up losing him in the maddening crow. But don't take it that I don't support the event... I think it's awesome for people who don't have kids or couldn't find a babysitter. :D

I heard that next years is supposed to be more 'adult', but of course that can mean a lot of things too. Maybe it means they'll have more alcohol available. I don't think the Fayetteville is too rowdy yet.

I heard that next years is supposed to be more 'adult', but of course that can mean a lot of things too. Maybe it means they'll have more alcohol available. I don't think the Fayetteville is too rowdy yet.

I didn't mean rowdy as a in a "drunken brawl", but the crowd around the bead float was getting a little too excited for my taste. It's not an event that you want to be pushing around an infant in a stroller and dragging a toddler by the hand. The annual events up here in Benton County and even Springdale tend to lean more toward "family-oriented" than down in Fayetteville. Nothing against Fayetteville as it makes sense that the events down there are more for the college kids versus toddlers.

Sounds like Fayetteville is pulling in some conventions. The Arkansas Cancer Coalition decided to leave Little Rock and pick a smoke free city which pretty much left them to choose Pine Bluff or Fayetteville. The Arkansas Fire Chiefs & Firefighters Association will have a convention in June and the Arkansas Library Association will be here in October. More conventions obviously means more money being spent in our area. I'd like to see Fayetteville and the rest of NWA take advantage this and look to bring more conventions and such to the area.

Sounds like Fayetteville is pulling in some conventions. The Arkansas Cancer Coalition decided to leave Little Rock and pick a smoke free city which pretty much left them to choose Pine Bluff or Fayetteville. The Arkansas Fire Chiefs & Firefighters Association will have a convention in June and the Arkansas Library Association will be here in October. More conventions obviously means more money being spent in our area. I'd like to see Fayetteville and the rest of NWA take advantage this and look to bring more conventions and such to the area.

That's great news for Fayetteville. There are a lot of convention options in Fayetteville. That may start drawing more conventions into other cities in Northwest Arkansas too.

Once the Hammons Center opens in Rogers, NWA will become a Regional Convention Hub. Fayetteville should take a look into building a 100,000 sq foot city convention center, I'm sure there's enough room for one.

I'm a bit surprised they didn't try to build something larger than the Fayetteville Town Center for conventions. But hey Rogers will be a nice place for conventions too. Maybe the two cities can work together on their conventions and such. I also wonder where this will eventually leave Springdale. I would imagine they'll still be able to draw in some conventions but the new one in Rogers might take away some of their business.

I keep forgetting to mention this but apparently Fayetteville is going to try to use the success of Razorback track and field to help publicize the city. They want to help make Fayetteville synanomous with the track capitol of the world. I certainly think it's a great thing to also perhaps give more recognition to what Coach John McDonnell has done here.

I forgot my paper yesterday and wanted to wait and post this when I had the details in hand. But the Planning Commission recommended to the City Council that the downtown area be rezoned. There was an article about it in the Northwest Arkansas Times . Sounds like it was a bit contraversial and there were people very opposed to it saying it was ruin the downtown. The article mentioned some of the things talked about but didn't really say what the Planning Commission was recomending. Building heights, (apparently there are still a few downtown areas that didn't have the height restrictions the rest of the downtown has) density, parking, diversity, single family homes and affordable housing were mentioned. It sounds like that this rezoning of the downtown into four zones will further support the Downtown Master Plan so it sounds like I am in favor of this from what I can tell. One commissioner mentioned that she hoped it would knit the town back together. Although the one comissioner who voted against it mentioned she thought this would end up being the main point in deciding what Fayetteville will be city driven or market driven. I had hoped to see more info on the local news stations but haven't seen anything yet.

Sounds like the hillside ordinance is going to be reviewed by the City Council again. Apparently some developers aren't happy about it and are complaining about it. I'm not sure if they are going to go through and make it more clear or possibly change or somply reaffirm what it already states.

Fayetteville's special census will be happening at the end of the month, March 28th. Anyone know how long it usually takes to get the numbers back?

I don't have any clue how long it will take, probably 6 months? Does anyone have any clue of what the population is estimated to be. It has been a while since I have seen the numbers, but I believe I saw something in the 70,500 to 74,000 range. Are those still the projections?

I don't have any clue how long it will take, probably 6 months? Does anyone have any clue of what the population is estimated to be. It has been a while since I have seen the numbers, but I believe I saw something in the 70,500 to 74,000 range. Are those still the projections?

Around 70,000 is probably the best estimate I've seen, although I've seen above and below that number. I get the impression some people might be a bit disappointed if it's below 70,000. But I don't know if that would really affect any turnback funds and such if we came up a bit short of that number.

This applies more than just the city of Fayetteville but it looks that some recycling centers will be accepting all types of plastics. They will be sending the plastic to a new company in Texas that's going to be making, of all things, composite railroad ties.

Fayetteville is starting to get ready for the American in Bloom competition. It's competed for several years now and done pretty well. Apparently they are going to rely on me for taking the pics. Wish me luck. :lol: I won't be getting paid for this but then again I need little excuse to go out and take pics. But I figure this will help me get my foot in the door in case I'd like to do more with my photography. I guess maybe it also helps me get to know more people involved with the city in case that comes in handy for me. :D

Fayetteville is starting to get ready for the American in Bloom competition. It's competed for several years now and done pretty well. Apparently they are going to rely on me for taking the pics. Wish me luck. :lol: I won't be getting paid for this but then again I need little excuse to go out and take pics. But I figure this will help me get my foot in the door in case I'd like to do more with my photography. I guess maybe it also helps me get to know more people involved with the city in case that comes in handy for me. :D

Congratulations on the photo job. Yeah, you do take alot of pictures!!! They are all very impressive though. I have stolen one of you Fayetteville at night from the Cross as my desktop... :D

I think I see now why the Sam's in Fayetteville hasn't started work yet. There's still a lawsuit against the Sam's and it's liquor store. The judge threw the case out but it looks like it's not over yet. I don't know if they might possibly try to start work on the rest of the store while this is in the courts or if they'll wait till all options in the court system are exhausted for the liquor stores fighting against the Sam's.

The Court Case was turned down by the judge, but I'm sure it will go to the State Appellate Court and possibly the State Supreme Court. I'm almost positive the store will be built with the liquor in it. They stated that nothing below a 12 pack would be sold, and that there would be no 6 pack, 4 packs, or single cans sold as well as it not being cold.