Fayetteville, Arkansas

Mith242

Can anyone tell me why the heck nursing homes are exempt? I saw this in the paper and I couldn't believe that out of all the places, that it will still be allowed in nursing homes, considering that there are quite a few people in nursing homes because of their lovely habit to smoke.

That's exactly what I thought. I wonder if part of it is because patients are asking the CNAs to take them outside so they can smoke often and this is a drain on labor. I've seen that as a problem in hospitals before.

Looks like some tech companies will be moving their offices away from the university area and move to the Genesis Technology Incubator area. Two of them will be Arkansas Power Electonics and the U of A Techology Foundation. Four tenants will take Arkansas Power Electronics space; NanoMech, SFC Fluidics, BioDetection Instruments and Vegrandi.

John Daly opened up his second discount golf store here in Fayetteville at the Kantz Center at the corner of Mission and Crossover. The first store was opened at Russellville. It could be at the Kantz Center for less than a year. It is potentially looking to move to I-540 and 6th St area in the near future.

John Daly opened up his second discount golf store here in Fayetteville at the Kantz Center at the corner of Mission and Crossover. The first store was opened at Russellville. It could be at the Kantz Center for less than a year. It is potentially looking to move to I-540 and 6th St area in the near future.

Interesting, I had no idea he owned Golf stores.

Interesting, I had no idea he owned Golf stores.

Well at the moment he owns two. But I know what you mean I didn't know either.

New York & Company is coming to Northwest Arkansas Mall.

Sonic and Suncoast Motion Picture Company are out... Sonic's been out for about a month and Suncoast for a few months.

Guess I haven't been by in a month because I didn't know about Sonic being gone. Yeah Suncoast has been gone for a little while now. Someone told me they were going to be moving to Benton County, I think it was Rogers, and opening a Sam Goody or something like that. Anyway thanks for the info. Should have known they'd replace everything with another clothing store. :lol:

Edited by Mith242

Guess I haven't been by in a month because I didn't know about Sonic being gone. Yeah Suncoast has been gone for a little while now. Someone told me they were going to be moving to Benton County, I think it was Rogers, and opening a Sam Goody or something like that. Anyway thanks for the info. Should have known they'd replace everything with another clothing store. :lol:

Sonic just closed because their lease was up and they're opening a new Sonic in Johnson. There's already a Sam Goody in Frisco Station Mall in Rogers so I'm not sure about Suncoast. Suncoast will most likely go into Pinnacle Promenade or Pleasant Crossing.

Sonic just closed because their lease was up and they're opening a new Sonic in Johnson. There's already a Sam Goody in Frisco Station Mall in Rogers so I'm not sure about Suncoast. Suncoast will most likely go into Pinnacle Promenade or Pleasant Crossing.

Okay, I admit it's just what I had heard. I haven't had any official info on it yet. :D

Temple Shalom has given up on the Butterfly House as a future temple. Apparently it was a close vote but they decided not to go where so many homeowners have fiercely opposed them. They are currently looking into a future development on Wedington near Garland.

Temple Shalom has given up on the Butterfly House as a future temple. Apparently it was a close vote but they decided not to go where so many homeowners have fiercely opposed them. They are currently looking into a future development on Wedington near Garland.

Hummmmmm.........

What a pity.

As far as Fayetteville, I think it is a very attractive quaint place. The setting is near idealic. I like the new midrise building being constructed there. It will look really neat in the skyline once it's completed.

Hummmmmm.........

What a pity.

As far as Fayetteville, I think it is a very attractive quaint place. The setting is near idealic. I like the new midrise building being constructed there. It will look really neat in the skyline once it's completed.

I certainly agree with you. But I don't intend getting back into the heated debate on what I think about the whole thing like I did before. I'm not too happy about what happened but I am glad to see that they are going ahead and moving forward with a different plan. I'm still trying to find out where this future development will be exactly. I've seen some housing going on on Wedington but nothing that sounds like this possible development that they are referring to.

I certainly agree with you. But I don't intend getting back into the heated debate on what I think about the whole thing like I did before. I'm not too happy about what happened but I am glad to see that they are going ahead and moving forward with a different plan. I'm still trying to find out where this future development will be exactly. I've seen some housing going on on Wedington but nothing that sounds like this possible development that they are referring to.

:unsure: I guess I shouldn't ask what was there previously then huh? I guess I will go back a read the thread to see what all the hoopla was about.

Oh...wait, you were referring to the Temple? Is that discussed in this thread?

:unsure: I guess I shouldn't ask what was there previously then huh? I guess I will go back a read the thread to see what all the hoopla was about.

Oh...wait, you were referring to the Temple? Is that discussed in this thread?

Actually it's over in the Pics of the Architecture of E Fay Jones topic. Where they were wanting to put in a temple was a house that was built by him.

Edited by Mith242

I forgot to post this yesterday. The proposed tax for the library failed. This would have cut it off from having to rely on the city for funding. But taxes aren't too popular obviously. But still I guess I had hoped with such a quality facility that there might have been a little more support for it.

This summer more work will be done on the trail system. There will be some work done of the Scull Creek, Clabber Creek and Frisco Trails. I hadn't even heard anything about a Frisco Trail. Only a little work will be done on it, apparently just a block between Dickson and Meadow St. It sounds like it will be next to the railroad tracks. Apparently it's already done between 6th St and Center St. After this current block is done there will only be one more block before it runs from 6th to Dickson. They are apparently working on right of way for the Scull Creek Trail around the Fullbright Expressway and Gregg St south to Gordon Long Park. Work will also be done on half a mile of ther Clabber Creek Trail west of Rupple Rd.

I heard some news about parts of downtown Fayetteville possibly being made a commerical historic district. Sounds like a committee will be here soon to check out the downtown area to see if it could apply. What would also be great is if someone would renovate the AG Edwards building to look more like it originally did. It sounds like the original building is still underneath all the 50's facade. I've seen an old postcard with that building in it, it was a very nice building. It's very close to several other buildings on the Square that date back to the 1880's and renovating it back to what it was would really give that area of the Square a nice historic look.

I heard some news about parts of downtown Fayetteville possibly being made a commerical historic district. Sounds like a committee will be here soon to check out the downtown area to see if it could apply. What would also be great is if someone would renovate the AG Edwards building to look more like it originally did. It sounds like the original building is still underneath all the 50's facade. I've seen an old postcard with that building in it, it was a very nice building. It's very close to several other buildings on the Square that date back to the 1880's and renovating it back to what it was would really give that area of the Square a nice historic look.

I can tell you that there are no plans in the near future to anything with the outside of the building. My father and a friend of his currently own it. They mostly just try to keep the building up and rented out. The facade is very strange though especially from the inside when trying to look out the windows. I believe that the building was rebuilt or something back in 1955, at least that is according to Washington County records.

I can tell you that there are no plans in the near future to anything with the outside of the building. My father and a friend of his currently own it. They mostly just try to keep the building up and rented out. The facade is very strange though especially from the inside when trying to look out the windows. I believe that the building was rebuilt or something back in 1955, at least that is according to Washington County records.

Well StrmChsr, you must be Colby Ward. I bet your dad's friend is my dad :D We should get them to look into fixing that building up. It's a pain as it is messing with the xmas lights every year.

Welcome to the forum DrewR. Glad you already know someone here. :lol: Oh well it may not happen overnight but I know there are quite a few of us that hope that building will eventually be restored to it's former self, if that's possible. It apparently wasn't for the Ozark Building. Does that building have an official name? I've just been calling it the AG Edwards building.

Welcome to the forum DrewR. Glad you already know someone here. :lol: Oh well it may not happen overnight but I know there are quite a few of us that hope that building will eventually be restored to it's former self, if that's possible. It apparently wasn't for the Ozark Building. Does that building have an official name? I've just been calling it the AG Edwards building.

The only names I know it by are the AG Edwards and the Old First National Bank Building. If I think about I will ask and see if I can get a little more history.

Despite all the talk about it, it looks like just now Fayetteville will have a real hillside ordinance in place. It will govern around 3,000 acres in the Hillside Overlay District in the city.

It seems like just something else to annoy developers and drive them away. I know a few developers who have really been against this ordinance. A couple of extremely large developments that seem to be effected the most are Southpass in SW Fayetteville and Mountain Range just south of theI-540 and Wedington intersection.