Fayetteville, Arkansas

Mith242

Yeah it is a bit weird. While talking about making Fayetteville more pedestrian friendly and getting people out of their vehicles. We're also talking about making the area around the mall more accessible for vehicular traffic. Although I think some of this stems from wanting it to be more appealing for those in the rest of NWA outside of Fayetteville. Hoping to reduce the impact that any other future Pinnacle Hills Promenades.

Can someone direct me to the directions on how to include a graphic or rendering in these messages? Thks!

1. sign on to Flickr.com with existing Yahoo ID or Create a New Account

2. select "Upload Photos"

3. browse your harddrive for your pics and add them

4. click "Upload" below

5. click "Save" below

6. click on a picture in your photos

7. click on "All Sizes" from above the picture

8. right click picture and click "Properties"

9. highlight "Address" and right click and select "Copy"

10. On UP click the "Insert Image" (tree) icon above the text box of your post

11. paste address into the explorer user prompt (don't duplicate the http:// in the address)

NOTE: Be sure not to delete a picture from flickr.com that you've posted on a forum or it will no longer show up on the forum.

These instructions are the ones that Mason's Dad gave me back last year. This is also if you use Flickr, but I would guess they should be about the same for any photo hosting site.

Someone(s) is working on purchasing the building and intends to remove the facade and expose the original building. I don't expect a fast resolution but it's still a strong possibility.

I checked on this Thia and got a no and a surprised look. Where did you hear about this if you don't mind me asking?

I should have posted the information here yesterday, but there was another article in NWANEWS today about the proposed 3 story height restriction for some downtown codes. Nancy Allen proposes this limit and in yesterday's article Mayor Coody said something like "Are you sure you want to do this?" Good question, Dan. 45 Foot Height Limit Proposed

I think you mean Gregg.

Connecting Van Asche with Garland would require a connection to or overpass of I-540.

:blush: Yeah got my G streets mixed up there. But I'm like Colby I think they are supposed to be eventually going to Garland as well.

Edited by Mith242

I should have posted the information here yesterday, but there was another article in NWANEWS today about the proposed 3 story height restriction for some downtown codes. Nancy Allen proposes this limit and in yesterday's article Mayor Coody said something like "Are you sure you want to do this?" Good question, Dan. 45 Foot Height Limit Proposed

Yeah someone did mention it but in another topic. One thing mentioned was the concern over unfinished building being eyesores. But seriously has anyone ever been to a city where unfinished buildings were a problem? Just seemed a bit of a stretch to me. I just really think if this goes through it's going to cause more sprawl because developments aren't going to be feasible with such a strict building height. Granted you can still take it to the City Council to see if you can get it approved. But the council seems to be getting closer to being rather anti-development.

Edited by Mith242

I checked on this Thia and got a no and a surprised look. Where did you hear about this if you don't mind me asking?

Hmmm... interesting. I had heard this more than once in the past year. The last mention was approx Oct. Let me backtrack on my source and see what I can find out.

Strmchsr77 any chance you can talk the current owners into removing the facade and taking the building back to it's previous exterior? It would be nice.

As someone who regularly drives north on College where the Fulbright Expressway merges into it, I vote for the option of connecting Fulbright to a widened and extended Sain Ave so that drivers coming off Fulbright wouldn't need to use College to get to east Joyce. That flyover from northbound College directly to Fulbright would need to be in the mix also. That area is the single biggest choke point it seems.

I agree, if that can be done while minimizing cost, that would be great.

Yeah it is a bit weird. While talking about making Fayetteville more pedestrian friendly and getting people out of their vehicles. We're also talking about making the area around the mall more accessible for vehicular traffic. Although I think some of this stems from wanting it to be more appealing for those in the rest of NWA outside of Fayetteville. Hoping to reduce the impact that any other future Pinnacle Hills Promenades.

Those new developments on East Joyce are very auto-dependent. But on the western portions of CMN, near the new Van Asche and Gregg, with all that developable land, there is opportunity to create a proper street network, and to create more transit oriented and ped friendly developments.

Hmmm... interesting. I had heard this more than once in the past year. The last mention was approx Oct. Let me backtrack on my source and see what I can find out.

Strmchsr77 any chance you can talk the current owners into removing the facade and taking the building back to it's previous exterior? It would be nice.

Probably not. Why spend the money when it is usually rented out completely? I would like to see it updated as well but I would not look for it anytime soon. :D

Probably not. Why spend the money when it is usually rented out completely? I would like to see it updated as well but I would not look for it anytime soon. :D

Don't ask me why this posted twice...sorry!

Edited by strmchsr77

I was on Gregg earlier. I noticed they seemed to be clearing land west of the railroad tracks. Does anyone know if they'll be moving the train tracks? I knew it was going to be a tight fit between those apartments and the railroad. But I guess I hadn't heard they would be moving them. Looked like they were clearing a strip of land all along one stretch of the tracks.

I was on Gregg earlier. I noticed they seemed to be clearing land west of the railroad tracks. Does anyone know if they'll be moving the train tracks? I knew it was going to be a tight fit between those apartments and the railroad. But I guess I hadn't heard they would be moving them. Looked like they were clearing a strip of land all along one stretch of the tracks.

I think that's more of the wastewater improvement project- the map shows that as a current construction area for it. There are plans for an apartment complex at the SW corner of Gregg and Drake, but there hasn't been any work done on it yet. It will interesting to see how they handle that intersection. I read where they plan on raising the road level to be even with the railroad tracks. I wonder what that will do to access for Gordon Long Park and Appleby Apartments?

I think that's more of the wastewater improvement project- the map shows that as a current construction area for it. There are plans for an apartment complex at the SW corner of Gregg and Drake, but there hasn't been any work done on it yet. It will interesting to see how they handle that intersection. I read where they plan on raising the road level to be even with the railroad tracks. I wonder what that will do to access for Gordon Long Park and Appleby Apartments?

Okay thanks for the info. Yeah I also wonder about the road level as well. Seems like that could complicate access over there.

I forgot to mention this yesterday. Did anyone see that Fayetteville almost landed a $200 Mil project out at the Arkansas Research and technological Park? It was down to Fayetteville and one other city when the company decided not to expand after all. Really a shame that could have been a big boost in the arm for Fayetteville attracting some tech jobs. Although some people still see it as a good sign that we're getting on the map. The company is still anonymous, perhaps they could eventually expand and Fayetteville would be in the running again. It would have created 200 jobs. Close to half of those would have had salaries of over $75,000.

I forgot to mention this yesterday. Did anyone see that Fayetteville almost landed a $200 Mil project out at the Arkansas Research and technological Park? It was down to Fayetteville and one other city when the company decided not to expand after all. Really a shame that could have been a big boost in the arm for Fayetteville attracting some tech jobs. Although some people still see it as a good sign that we're getting on the map. The company is still anonymous, perhaps they could eventually expand and Fayetteville would be in the running again. It would have created 200 jobs. Close to half of those would have had salaries of over $75,000.

Yeah, I read that and was dissapointed. We really could use more high tech indusrty in the city. I do think that with the Tech Park in South Fayetteville that we will be on more of these companies lists. Especially since land values are much better here than in California for example. I do wonder what company it was though.

Yeah, I read that and was dissapointed. We really could use more high tech indusrty in the city. I do think that with the Tech Park in South Fayetteville that we will be on more of these companies lists. Especially since land values are much better here than in California for example. I do wonder what company it was though.

Yeah it's a bit weird that they still want to remain anonymous. But like I said maybe they simply put off expansion and will eventually look into it again. Maybe then Fayetteville will be able to lure them in then.

Yeah it's a bit weird that they still want to remain anonymous. But like I said maybe they simply put off expansion and will eventually look into it again. Maybe then Fayetteville will be able to lure them in then.

They might want to build a 7 story building or something that fits the 2025 plan and the city council will run them off, can't have those development types coming into Fayetteville and wanting to add to the tax base.

Here is another article on the needed street improvements in north Fayetteville. They went into quite a bit more detail on describing each possible project and how they worked.

The 4 projects include:

A continuous Flow intersection at College and Joyce - 4 Million

A fly over from College to the Expressway - 11 Million

A SPUI at the Expressway and North Hills/Steele Blvd - 9.5 Million

and

A major project connecting I-540 to Hwy 112 and Van Asche along with many other new streets in NW Fayetteville. Also a new major interchange on the interstate just north of where the current Business District interchange is - 100 Million

Too bad we only have 9.5 Million ready to spned on these projects.

Also there is a video that is supposed to show how Joyce and College will work, but I can only get it to play about half:

Here is the link to the video: Joyce/College Video

and here is the link to the article: Road Projects

Here is another article on the needed street improvements in north Fayetteville. They went into quite a bit more detail on describing each possible project and how they worked.

The 4 projects include:

A continuous Flow intersection at College and Joyce - 4 Million

A fly over from College to the Expressway - 11 Million

A SPUI at the Expressway and North Hills/Steele Blvd - 9.5 Million

and

A major project connecting I-540 to Hwy 112 and Van Asche along with many other new streets in NW Fayetteville. Also a new major interchange on the interstate just north of where the current Business District interchange is - 100 Million

Too bad we only have 9.5 Million ready to spned on these projects.

Also there is a video that is supposed to show how Joyce and College will work, but I can only get it to play about half:

Here is the link to the video: Joyce/College Video

and here is the link to the article: Road Projects

Thanks for the links. I'll have to check them out.

Yeah I don't seem able to get the whole video to work either. For that matter from what I'm seeing isn't that how that intersection already works? Maybe they're showing how it works now and then are supposed to show how it would afterwards but it's not getting to that point. Guess I can look up continuous flow intersections and see what I find.

Edited by Mith242

Okay here's another website with a video you can watch to see how it works. At first look I wasn't so sure about it. But I'm assuming you have the lights timed so that you won't have to make an extra stop. Interesting idea, I wonder how much more room you'd need for that setup. I also wonder about the costs. I still think if you changed the Fulbright Expressway so that you don't have all the traffic funnel to the College/Joyce intersection that that would help out a lot as well. Unless you were going to extend it eastward it no long really serves much of a purpose as it did when it was part of the bypass around Fayetteville.

http://www.abmb.com/cfi-testdrive.html#