New 18 story tower in the Gulch

doormanpoet

According to William Williams an anouncement will be made shortly for an 18 story residential tower to go up in the Gulch starting in August. The City Paper will have the rendering soon!

More details as I get them!

FYI, this is in addition to the 18 story Adelicia going up near the boundry.

2 18 story towers breaking ground this summer.

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, this is juicy news. I'd imagine that with the infrastructure work almost done, we'll see more announcements soon. We haven't heard anything about the big $100 million Gulch retail center in a while. I'm anxious to know something about that, too. Keep your ears open doorman, your scoops are appreciated.

The Gulch sure looks different without the viaduct right now. Hope the new one looks good. I'm sure ready for it...I miss that route.

I passed through today and noticed the stained sidewalks. I was also wondering if they were ever gonna start building anything on those empty lots, so this is good news. I cant wait to see how the area looks when buildings start going up. I also wonder what will become of the old building that runs from 11th and Charlotte on down the to broadway bridge. Do you guys think the Gulch will grow on down 11th into this area?

Onyte, that's the old Ice House. It's currently owned or under contract to Tony Giantarra and Novare Development. Look for something large and residential on that spot. I saw an article about that a while back. Originally slated to become something called the Ice House Lofts. The latest plans aren't out yet, but its future is at least being discussed.

Onyte, that's the old Ice House. It's currently owned or under contract to Tony Giantarra and Novare Development. Look for something large and residential on that spot. I saw an article about that a while back. Originally slated to become something called the Ice House Lofts. The latest plans aren't out yet, but its future is at least being discussed.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The fact that Giarratana owns it isint very surprising. It seems like hes behind a little bit of everything these days. I know hes sure leaving his mark on the resurgance of downtown. I work for public works and im down town almost every day and I noticed that was a huge peice of property and I figured if anyone had said anything one of you guys would know. I cant wait to see what downtowns like 15 years from now.

Oh no, don't say fizzled. I don't like that word. It's time will come.

Once the area reaches a critical populaton mass, I would imagine it'll be revisited. Afterall, rebuilding downtown retail is still an iffy proposition. This is something that will happen. What form it will take is the big question.

I saw the article yesterday, looks like a joint venture between Bristol Development & NUV. At the rate Bristol is building properties in Nashville, it looks as if this has a very good chance of being built. This property is not too far from the round-about. If it is 18 stories it will look good at that location because it will be in the dead zone that separates downtown from midtown.

• 3 weeks later...

welcome, welcome--hey those are some cool houses on Ireland Street, very sharp. i live in the gulch and have been waiting on the coming development like a kid on christmas. it sure is fun growing up w/the city, though, and being in a place that is really alive with growth and dev.

B) <<I feel like we Nashvillians get a little cooler every day.

Archived