• Jonesboro
    • Fort Smith
    • Fayetteville-Springdale-Rogers-Bentonville
    • Texarkana

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really think it's more wishful thinking amoung the residents down there. In some ways I'm still surprised they've managed to keep a Dillard's there.

I think there are enough people traveling in to PB from surrounding counties to support the Dillard's...but if the area continues to decline in population, it could very well close. There's something to be said about wishful thinking...the wishful thought a chili's into existance lol.

I think there are enough people traveling in to PB from surrounding counties to support the Dillard's...but if the area continues to decline in population, it could very well close. There's something to be said about wishful thinking...the wishful thought a chili's into existance lol.

It still serves as an important regional hub for Southeast Arkansas and because of that I would agree. Stopping in Pine Bluff saves an extra hour of driving, LR is a long way from places like Dumas and Warren. Jefferson Regional is one of the largest hospitals in the state for that reason.

I would think PB would already have a Target if it was a little more affluent, I would think it would be a good market for one.

It still serves as an important regional hub for Southeast Arkansas and because of that I would agree. Stopping in Pine Bluff saves an extra hour of driving, LR is a long way from places like Dumas and Warren. Jefferson Regional is one of the largest hospitals in the state for that reason.

I would think PB would already have a Target if it was a little more affluent, I would think it would be a good market for one.

If things were better there then yes because like you said it is a big hub for that region despite the fact it's rather close to Little Rock. But unfortunately not only has it lost a lot of population it's lost a lot of affluent population. To be honest I think I lot of the eastern and southern states have been losing population and could be part of the problem with Pine Bluff having a harder time supporting what retail it has.

Well, the nearest metro to me is Minneapolis. :blush:

I'm interested in Arksansas though because I was born and raised in Memphis and my mother was from Newport. Plus, I have cousins in Forrest City.

Nice to see you around here Sleepy. It's been a while but I've seen you around the Arkansas forum before. Feel free to come visit us more often. :D

If things were better there then yes because like you said it is a big hub for that region despite the fact it's rather close to Little Rock. But unfortunately not only has it lost a lot of population it's lost a lot of affluent population. To be honest I think I lot of the eastern and southern states have been losing population and could be part of the problem with Pine Bluff having a harder time supporting what retail it has.

Hey Mith! Anyway there is a lady where I work who is from Pine Bluff and she travels to Texarkana to go to work. I hope Pine Bluff can turn their situation around. Texarkana was in nearly the same situation as Pine Bluff and look at us now. They need agressive city leaders who will give their all to see the city flourish.

Hey Mith! Anyway there is a lady where I work who is from Pine Bluff and she travels to Texarkana to go to work. I hope Pine Bluff can turn their situation around. Texarkana was in nearly the same situation as Pine Bluff and look at us now. They need agressive city leaders who will give their all to see the city flourish.

Pine Bluff, like Helena/West Helena, needs a city government that will work together instead of against eachother.

She lives in Pine Bluff but works in Texarkana. That's some commute, especially in this area of the country. But you are right Pine Bluff does need to be more agressive and turn the city around.

She lives in Pine Bluff but works in Texarkana. That's some commute, especially in this area of the country. But you are right Pine Bluff does need to be more agressive and turn the city around.

I checked Texarkana, since I live in Dallas.

I grew up near Fort Smith.

I got my degree in Fayetteville.

I lived in Little Rock for nine months prior to heading to Texas.

I think by the end of 2006 I will be living in Fayetteville again if my job works out up there. :yahoo:

I checked Texarkana, since I live in Dallas.

I grew up near Fort Smith.

I got my degree in Fayetteville.

I lived in Little Rock for nine months prior to heading to Texas.

I think by the end of 2006 I will be living in Fayetteville again if my job works out up there. :yahoo:

When were you last in Fayetteville?

It's nice to have another face around in the Arkansas Forum, Welcome DicksonStreetDFW!!!

So which was your favorite living in?

Its hard to say. I loved Fayetteville when I lived there, but I have family from that area so it always kind of seemed like a second home to me. I think that during college, Fayetteville is just a great town for being that age. Its safe, yet entertaining, small, yet large enough to offer a diverse variety of experiences.

I always thought Fayetteville would be a great place to raise a family as well because of the excellent schools and close knit nature of the town.

I enjoyed living in Little Rock as well. I had an apartment in the river market district just as things were getting up and going there in 2001. Little Rock was a nice change of pace from Fayetteville. The scene was a little more adult and real, rather than the dreamland of college life and activities in Fayetteville. I believe both areas have pretty equal offerings as far as natural beauty and cultural opportunities. I think the Little Rock cultural scene is a little more diverse than NWA.

I'd not mind living in either metro in the future.

Edited by DickSonstreetDFW

Its hard to say. I loved Fayetteville when I lived there, but I have family from that area so it always kind of seemed like a second home to me. I think that during college, Fayetteville is just a great town for being that age. Its safe, yet entertaining, small, yet large enough to offer a diverse variety of experiences.

I always thought Fayetteville would be a great place to raise a family as well because of the excellent schools and close knit nature of the town.

I enjoyed living in Little Rock as well. I had an apartment in the river market district just as things were getting up and going there in 2001. Little Rock was a nice change of pace from Fayetteville. The scene was a little more adult and real, rather than the dreamland of college life and activities in Fayetteville. I believe both areas have pretty equal offerings as far as natural beauty and cultural opportunities. I think the Little Rock cultural scene is a little more diverse than NWA.

I'd not mind living in either metro in the future.

I like both areas quite a bit as well. My job limits me in some ways, though, and I don't know that the opportunities in NWA are really there for me. There are a couple of other things about NWA's uniqueness that would make it tough on me - mostly hospitals spread out all over the place that I would have to cover on call.

• 2 months later...

I'm in Shreveport, so I'm nearest Texarkana. Lived in Texarkana, AR for a short while about 2.5 years ago. However while I really like Texarkana, my most favorite metro in Arkansas is Little Rock. And that's only because I haven't been to northwest Arkansas in the last few years to see what that area is like now firsthand.