Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bobliocatt

New Orleans: Check her out!

11 posts in this topic

Here's some pics I took during a trip to New Orleans this past summer. This place is by far the South's densest and vibrant city.

french-quarter-skyline.jpg

camp-canal.jpg

bourbon-street.jpg

tchoupitoulas-street.jpg

skyline-harrahs-garage.jpg

royal-street.jpg

riverwalk.jpg

poydras-street.jpg

magazine-street.jpg

loyola-julia-skyline.jpg

jackson-square.jpg

french-quarter.jpg

decatur-street.jpg

common-street.jpg

cemetary-garden-district.jpg

canal-street.jpg

canal-stcharles.jpg

camp-warehouse-district.jpg

11floor-bw-skyline.jpg

Great Pics B)

New Orleans certainly looks like a beautifull place.

Gotta love it !

I'm fortunate to be just a 4-hour drive away from New Orleans, the grandest city of the "Old South," and 3-hour drive from Atlanta, the South's unofficial modern capital.

New Orleans is an awesome place to visit...

Very awesome pics. I got to experience New Orleans for the first time this past July - quite a city!

:blink::blink::blink::blink::o

i REALLY hope i get an interview at tulane now...anesthesia is so damn tough this year :(

I, too, loved the pictures. Some day I will visit New Orleans, but for the time I must resort to looking at the pics. Great job, TheLakeLander.

Thanks for the NO pics, they are so rare and it is such a beautiful city. The city looks so mysterious. I love the wrought iron balcony rails. The above ground cemetery is really cool. The density is great, like a big northern city with a southern flair.

Awesome pics! I'd love to visit there someday. It looks like a great city!

My only worries about New Orleans are the fact that its the only urban centre in much of the southern teir of the United States - the only other city that could possibly compare would be Miami that I know of, and I cannot judge as I've not been to Miami.

Regardless - the sad fact is that much of New Orleans is in decay, the city turned the French Quarter into a tourist wonderland from what I understand over the past 20-30 years. It used to be a real, livable, urban village.

I just hope the city learns to keep up what they have! They definately don't want to lose it. That includes starting new programs to rennovate buildings that may be in decay in old neighborhoods such as the Vieux Carre. ;)