Really good Charlotte aerial

JunktionFET

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Allow me to post a direct link to the image (if you have a problem viewing it, disable Javascript):

clt.jpg

Photo by Air Views Inc.

Truly amazing photo... These guys managed to capture the essence of Uptown Charlotte. I think this is THE best aerial photo of Charlotte's core that I have ever seen. Two thumbs up... without a doubt!!! Thanks for posting it here, NorffCarolina.

Nice pano.  That freeway does look a bit imposing, at least from this angle.  Someday they'll want to tear it down and build a $50B tunnel, LOL.

Hahahaha... BTW I was absolutely fascinated by the Discovery Channel's presentation on the Big Dig.

The cap for the I-277 freeway was proposed as part of the original 2010 Center City Plan. It involved more or less burying a ~1 mile stretch of the freeway (the straight stretch on the left hand side of the photo) in order to better connect Uptown's North End (the traditional CBD) and South End (redeveloped since the late 80s/early 90s).

It would be excellent to have such a high profile project in Charlotte, and it would probably be better for connecting Charlotte's central district with the rest of the city. I hope it happens sooner rather than later. Who knows though.

Archived