FAMU

Florida

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rattlers hope to name a new coach by Wednesday at the latest. With the naming of the new coach they need to also name a new logo because that logo they got going right now "just not right". Also, the uniforms the football team wears.... yeah... we're gonna need to work on those.

Billy Joe has everyright to seek justice for his firing... at the same time I think something needs to be done to investigate the school's financial troubles. A lot of things have fallen on the shoulders of the leaders that have been selected since the departure of Humphries, but I think some of the blame lies in his own hands.

Yea I don't think it is exactly Billy Joe's fault, but since he is head coach he has to take the blame for viloating NCAA rules. Humprey knew exactly what he was doing. Why would this former president leave from a school who loved him, a school who built a house for him? Something was up.

Something was up with the manner in which he left... almost as if he couldn't wait to leave before something blew up. I've always had my questions on why they choose to put the law school in Orlando... sure they had good reasons, but I think there was more to the site selection than just the ones they gave us... it just so happens thats where Humphries moved when he left Tallahassee.

I don't. I think they need to go ahead and make her the president. You know she made an announcement that she will have a selection comittee in place to name a new dean. She also made a speech to the Greater Tallahassee Chamber of Commerce that ensured a great future for FAMU.

http://www.tallahassee.com/mld/tallahassee...ss/12222023.htm

How can a speech ensure anything?! Words are nice, but promises mean nothing to me. From what has been reported, she has no desire of becoming FAMU's next president, and if she did they still shouldn't just choose her because she's already in office... the school needs a real line of candidates to choose from... meanwhile I ask, why did they find a new Football coach quicker than they could find a new University President? Which is more important?

Well she's got to do a little more than fire people to earn my business... I want to see the school's pride and reputation restored, I want to see some economic development on campus and around the southside... I want to see FAMU pride take root throughout this city, I want to see a more beautiful campus, I want to see their finances fixed.

Archived