FAMU

Florida

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

But isn't it sad that a Leon County school doesn't have ac. I would guess that because Leon High is so old it would be more expensive to install air condition units. I must agree with the opinion of Leon having the best architecture out of any school. I think FAMU should fine a way to merge a 19th century look with a 21st century look for the DRS. Does anybody know what will happen to the building FAMU high is currently located once this new and improved school goes up?

• 2 months later...

chiles high school doesn't really look like a community college to me I would say Lincoln probaly looks more community college like then any other public school in Tallahassee.

Chiles H.S. is nice w/its clock tower and design, but it will always be ugly in my eyes because of the parking. They park cars all over the grass and side street in front of the school. I mean either build them more parking or make them park all crazy in the back away from view. To me, it's a tacky mess and really takes away from what could be a beautiful setting. I am assuming they still park like this? It's been awhile since I've been out to South Ga, I mean Killearn Lakes during the weekdays.

I live very near Leon H.S. and yes they have A/C. I can hear it running when I walk.

As far as the FAMU proposal, I think it's just wishful thinking too. The Democrat calls it "the tongue-in-cheek assignment."

• 2 weeks later...

FAMU names Athletic Director

Townsend says he'll turn department around

Townsend.jpg

FAMU looking for return to the Athletic Powerhouse.

Townsend becomes the fourth athletic director at FAMU since 2002, following Ken Riley, J.R.E. LeeIII and interim AD E. Newton Jackson.

He has led the promotion of two universities, Delaware State and Buffalo, to NCAA Division I status.

He is a former chairman of the NCSS Olympic Liaison Committee.

Article

Archived