Greenville Journal contents

vicupstate

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

TBA's February 15, 2013:

The Beach Company which is doing the mixed-use project in Haynie Sirrine, is said to be looking at several other projects and properties in the downtown Greenville area...

Word is an "epic" hibachi buffet is taking over the vacant Ryan's Steakhouse in Simpsonville...

Expect a new venue/event hall to open in the Old Cigar Warehouse on South Main Street across from Fluor Field...

Look Look for some interesting new art and statues to be coming forward for downtown Greenville in the coming year...

TBA's February 15, 2013:

The Beach Company which is doing the mixed-use project in Haynie Sirrine, is said to be looking at several other projects and properties in the downtown Greenville area...

Look Look for some interesting new art and statues to be coming forward for downtown Greenville in the coming year...

I'm excited about these two rumors. I'm looking forward to finding out more about both of them! Anyone know anything?

TBAs on Brown Street closing, the Tex-Mex restaurant on Camperdown and ...

A major sports festival is being planned for October that will be modeled after Asheville's Mountain Sports Festival.

Also articles on Sempra, In-Tech Auto Engineering, Old Cigar Warehouse and Commercial leasing.

A photo of a groundbreaking for Candlewood Suites is pictured with 'adjacen tto Cabela's" as the location ?!?  Have I missed something?

There are a few Greenville-sized cities with downtown, urban Targets; White Plains, NY and Stamford, CT are two.  The one in White Plains is right on Main Street and is in a complex with a Barnes & Noble, Atlanta Bread Co., Nordstrom Rack, a movie theater and more.  It would be great if Greenville got something like that, although as nice as the White Plains complex looks, I would expect liberals to complain about a chain coming near downtown.

There are a few Greenville-sized cities with downtown, urban Targets; White Plains, NY and Stamford, CT are two. The one in White Plains is right on Main Street and is in a complex with a Barnes & Noble, Atlanta Bread Co., Nordstrom Rack, a movie theater and more. It would be great if Greenville got something like that, although as nice as the White Plains complex looks, I would expect liberals to complain about a chain coming near downtown.

A Target would be great! I would hope that it could be somewhere in the immediate pedestrian zone and try to create a draw for people similar to McBee Station. Academy Street or the North Main Bilo would fit that bill. Otherwise, Church St, and Stone Ave hold potential for fringe locations, which aren't so bad if the City is really going to push for that expanded downtown trolley system...

There are a few Greenville-sized cities with downtown, urban Targets; White Plains, NY and Stamford, CT are two.  The one in White Plains is right on Main Street and is in a complex with a Barnes & Noble, Atlanta Bread Co., Nordstrom Rack, a movie theater and more.  It would be great if Greenville got something like that, although as nice as the White Plains complex looks, I would expect liberals to complain about a chain coming near downtown.

No.  Target is beloved by the shopping snobs.    

No.  Target is beloved by the shopping snobs.    

Well, since you are stereotyping and name calling, I'll raise my hand here and admit to being one of your "snobs", as I think a Target downtown sounds great! Far better than a Wal-Mart.

Well, since you are stereotyping and name calling, I'll raise my hand here and admit to being one of your "snobs", as I think a Target downtown sounds great! Far better than a Wal-Mart.

If Target does come to downtown, and considering that city council deliberately and successfully dissuaded Walmart from coming to Church St., will you at least acknowledge that maybe Greenville's standards haven't been lowered after all ?

Archived