Rainbow Skyway Bridge over St.Johns river

BosTech

I know my picture looks very rough,like 5th grader made it but this is best I could come up with.

Well I thought of good idea and project that could lighten up DT Jax and even bring it to worldwide attention.

I call it Rainbow Skyway Bridge....it is arched bridge over St.Johns River connecting Southbank to Northbank.....roughly from current courthouse to JEA old site.

What I have in mind in diagonal arched bridge that will mimic rainbow but it will be deisgned to look very futuristic with nice shades on rainbow colors but beisde just looking interesting it will have two lifts that will take passangers across river so it would be functional and usefull for everyday use,but also it will give spectacular view of downtown Jax and St,John river.

Imagine taking ride and soem 400-500 feet above St.Johns river you would be in lift and you would have magnificant view 360 degrees unlike any other place in Jax.

It would be great tourist attraction and ICON for Jacksonville ,since no other city has anything like it,many people would come and visit just to see it and take ride on it.

So bridhe would have multi functions,it would look good from ground ,be functional and bring excitment and money to Jax.

My pic doesnt do justice but imagine beautifull arch across St.Johns river in light rainbow color and maybe even built in some kind of glass that it would light up during night,provide attraction to Jax and be very usefull....spend 50 cents to take ride and experience view like no other place in Jax.

I am not architect but I belive this could be done "cheaply" ...well at least it would be designed to bring money back unlike other projects.

Imagine taking ride over river looking onto Peninsula,Strand,San Marco,Riverwalk,Riverpoint,Southtrust,Modis and everythign else in downtown while you are 500 feet above St.Johns river for 50 cents?

Here is a pic I made cough..ahem...and another pic that shows area from air,someone made that one showing Peninsula and Strand.

rainbowskyway8008gp.jpg

redevelopment3to.jpg

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Very wonderful idea. Perhaps from the Landing to Friendship Fountain? Tony Sleimen (sp) may back the idea himself, just leave out the rainbow part but plug the 'bridge' element.

Like this?

redevelopment3to.jpg

Possible laternative names:

RiverCity Arch

RiverCity Bridge

RiverCity SkyLift (or SkyLift by itself)

Archived